Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Saw that on the feed.  It's so f**king despicable I can't even articulate the words to condemn it. No doubt the Russian Ministry of Whatever will claim it was self-inflicted.

*EDIT* They also added "An adviser to Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelensky says women in labour and children are under the wreckage after Russia reportedly carried out an air strike that severely damaged a children’s hospital in the southern port city of Mariupol."

Edited by Zear0
Edit

13 minutes ago, nnfox said:

At what point does the West intervene? Or do we carry on letting Putin do whatever he likes?

The latter. Apparently this is 'the only way' it can be and everyone on here is a bunch of pussies that actually believe Vlad would even get the chance to push a big red button.

9 minutes ago, nnfox said:

At what point does the West intervene? Or do we carry on letting Putin do whatever he likes?

We are restricted by the notion of nuclear weapons. However, they are also perhaps stopping this from being escalated further and involving more countries. 
If NATO did get involved it would fall into Putins rhetoric that the organisation is offensive rather than defensive. The way we live falls apart at that moment.
More horrific things are going to happen like this in the next few days (Putin is doubling down), I may spend some time away from the news for that period.

• Like 1

Mariupol seems like the flash point in the war right now. Imagine living there or having family or friends who live there. Christ.

We've been bringing you news from Mariupol - one of the Ukrainian cities hit worst by the fighting. In the last few hours, a maternity and children's hospital has reportedly been hit by a Russian strike.

Myhajlo Todurov - who used to live in Mariupol before moving to Slovenia two decades ago - says he has not heard from his family there for eight days.

Speaking before the hospital attack, Todurov says the situation in the city is a "huge catastrophe".

"Both my grandparents, my aunts and their families are there

"I managed to hear from some friends in Mariupol on Sunday but I have heard nothing since

"[People] say that there is no food, water, electricity or gas. People are making fires and cooking what little they have."

(from BBC)
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Ffs !! ..  the term war criminal just isn’t enough …. :(

Too right. Maybe the West should consider applying sanctions on China, as an indirect way of putting pressure on the lunatic in the Kremlin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Surely there comes a point where the West just have to cut off all the oil and gas from Russia. Countries who are buying it are effectively paying for these bombs hitting children's hospitals. It will be hard for them, but there comes a point where if we aren't going to intervene militarily then that's the least we can do.

Paying more for fuel or the spectre of nuclear war: I'd pay more for fuel. I think fuel duty here is 57.95p (£00.5795) a litre plus VAT on top  (not sure about other countries) maybe the governments can reduce it. People will point out world markets and knock on effects, and I understand. But are we not getting to drastic times.

But it's also their/our governments fault. Russia invaded Chechnya, Georgia, Crimea, Donbass, shot down a Western airliner and assassinated people (accidently killing a British citizen) and what did the West do? Bought more and more oil and gas from them. Now we're funding this. No wonder Putin thinks we're weak and he can threaten us.     

Edited by Guesty

30 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Too right. Maybe the West should consider applying sanctions on China, as an indirect way of putting pressure on the lunatic in the Kremlin.

Why ?

China have abstained from UN votes - it’s not china’s fault that vlad is mad - look closer to home ref the west’s responses to his previous attacks. Perhaps if we’d been more serious in the past, he wouldn’t have felt so enabled to do this. And once he’s started he cannot row back. We are culpable to an extent 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nnfox said:

Time for all other nations to tell & tell 

America & deny NATO, even if they are members..to say we Europeans will send Attack planes for Ukrainian pilots & personelle to pick up the needed planes, but not just from one country but all neighbouring countries..but then

Deny for Russian ears, that they didn't do or instigate any such movement,but wish they had..Because Russian actions, are threatening their own soverignity...And re-echo that any leader any country who can only wage war on  civilians especially children don't deserve to serve at any table & can only mean, they want to force their horrible murderous dictatorship on the other countries beyond Ukrain..

Because at the moment these other countries are strong but in the firing line that once singly attacked,would be weaker , being forced to listen to Russian down right lies..

America like their past history as shown.won't intervene because they are not on the same sofa or share the same life struggles , or threats has eastern Europe.

Now the whole of Europe outside Russia have to play & make their own

Decision...

Be sure..!! USA won't make any attack or defensive decision until the whole of Europe has been crushed by Russia's Putins jackboots..

44 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Russia and China are hand in hand and both want to extend their power over the west which they detest .. Putin was empowered by this alliance (amongst many other factors) to start his campaign (but nicely waited till the games were over) ..  China will buy his oil and they will support each other. An axis of evil. The Chinese are playing a very crafty role and will appear to sit on the fence which suits them fine. Let’s not forget what they are up to especially with the Uyghurs and it won’t be long ..  when the time is right ..  that they will swallow up Taiwan. The shit has hit the fan and the west needs to wake up. There won’t be any easy answers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why ?

China have abstained from UN votes - it’s not china’s fault that vlad is mad - look closer to home ref the west’s responses to his previous attacks. Perhaps if we’d been more serious in the past, he wouldn’t have felt so enabled to do this. And once he’s started he cannot row back. We are culpable to an extent 

China is tacitly supporting Russia. Someone on here only yesterday referred to a reference that 'China is Russia's iron-clad ally', or words to that effect. If the West were to ban all trade with China, that would to stop Beijing's tacit support for Russia. Remember that Taiwan is China's goal, so support for Russia now is their way of getting the favour returned in the future. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, westernpark said:

More horrific things are going to happen like this in the next few days (Putin is doubling down), I may spend some time away from the news for that period.

Wise decision mate ..  have a nice sit down with a cup of tea and I’ll pm you when it’s all over  ..  :thumbup:

10 minutes ago, String fellow said:

China is tacitly supporting Russia. Someone on here only yesterday referred to a reference that 'China is Russia's iron-clad ally', or words to that effect. If the West were to ban all trade with China, that would to stop Beijing's tacit support for Russia. Remember that Taiwan is China's goal, so support for Russia now is their way of getting the favour returned in the future. 

China only has one ally and that’s China ……it sees an opportunity here and it won’t do anything that may weaken its global position. there is absolutely no justification for sanctions on China at the moment ref the ukraine. If you think we should impose them re the Uighur population then that’s different. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Bombing a hospital is the act of a madman. If someone can provide the rope I'd gladly hang the bastard!!

Hanging..too fking quick.

Let's stick him in a closed building..

Attack it first with Rubber bullets,then splinter grenades, Western Music,Hitler & Stalin speaches, 

His own moronic speaches & lies,  and then children singing still playing through when he  is being  Hung ,drawn & quarteted, the medival way..While being draped in a USA + EU flag..

not NATO, because NATO is part of the problem..

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Wise decision mate ..  have a nice sit down with a cup of tea and I’ll pm you when it’s all over  ..  :thumbup:

681bxj.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, kenny said:

Supplying aircraft is no difference to supplying NLAMs.

NATO has refused to be drawn into the conflict and individual countries are supplying arms only.

In my mind, the jets should be delivered in the same way that any other arms are delivered, I can't see that it makes any difference. How did Turkey deliver the drones?

I'd say 28 fighter jets is a major step up than a single shot NLAW regardless of how many are sent

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I'd say 28 fighter jets is a major step up than a single shot NLAW regardless of how many are sent

The NLAWs are 40 years newer than the tanks they are taking out and this war is showing that the time for heavy armour is coming to an end.

Likewise the missiles we are sending are considerably more advanced than these jets. The jets are not in the same league as the Turkish drones that have been used extensively.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

China only has one ally and that’s China ……it sees an opportunity here and it won’t do anything that may weaken its global position. there is absolutely no justification for sanctions on China at the moment ref the ukraine. If you think we should impose them re the Uighur population then that’s different. 

If China won't do anything to weaken its global position, then surely threatening them with sanctions might stop them supporting Putin's barbarism. With the West insisting on not getting directly involved militarily, then massive economic sanctions, not just against Russia but also its allies, should perhaps be given consideration. Otherwise, what do we do? Just keep buying Chinese stuff whilst their chum in the Kremlin is destroying Ukraine? Today's scenes on the news almost had me in tears. 

Edited by String fellow

The only way to get those planes into Ukraine is to lie through your teeth and spout Bolox just like mad Vlad does ..  Biden needs to hold a press conference  .. “ Last night, the guard who was guarding a box that had the ignition keys to 27 old mig29’s that we had just bought off Poland fell asleep after consuming a bottle of Jack Daniels ..  imagine his horror :o when he woke up to find the box had been forced open and the contents were gone !!!   If ANYONE has any information regarding this please contact me by email immediately [email protected]” 

That should do it ! ..  :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, kenny said:

The NLAWs are 40 years newer than the tanks they are taking out and this war is showing that the time for heavy armour is coming to an end.

Likewise the missiles we are sending are considerably more advanced than these jets. The jets are not in the same league as the Turkish drones that have been used extensively.

This is where I'm at.  Missile capable UAVs and advanced portable AA systems are the most useful thing we can provide right now with the former being a grey area given the NATO position.

The Red Cross said of the situation in Mariupol where the population are being bombarded  with no food water or heating and the dead are being buried in mass graves and the injured lie where they are waiting for help ..  as apocalyptic. 

Europe 2022.  My heart bleeds.  :(

• Sad 1