Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Apparently from some news sources, Russia's army are at the the limit of their manpower in Ukraine. It seems there aren't enough forces to backfill the movement of troops to Ukraine without exposing Russia's other defences.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Apparently from some news sources, Russia's army are at the the limit of their manpower in Ukraine. It seems there aren't enough forces to backfill the movement of troops to Ukraine without exposing Russia's other defences.

Are you laughing at me or Russia?

5 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

How is it that Russia can seemingly recruit fighters from other countries to fight for them in Ukraine, but if anyone that isn't Ukranian dare fire a shot in anger at russian forces it will trigger ww3?

'Cos it's Russia?

4 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

How is it that Russia can seemingly recruit fighters from other countries to fight for them in Ukraine, but if anyone that isn't Ukranian dare fire a shot in anger at russian forces it will trigger ww3?

I don’t think mercenaries fighting for ukraine is something that Russia has a problem with - BUT professional NATO ex soldiers (who will no doubt be identified by Russia as being still in service) firing weapons at Russian troops is an escalation akin to having a no fly zone.  

hence NATO are calling for those from the west not to go and fight 

1 hour ago, LiberalFox said:

The longer the war goes on, the more the Russian military is degraded and the worse the economic and political situation gets for Putin. That's good for the western allies. People on Russian state TV are already comparing the situation to Afghanistan in the 1980s which ultimately helped speed along the collapse of the USSR.

A quick end to the war means allowing Putin to achieve a military victory, gives the Russian military the chance to reorganise and rearm while Russia pivots to China and/or India. 

Now it is possible that Zelenskyy opts for a conditional surrender to avoid Kyiv being destroyed / halt the loss of life and economic ruin. That's between him and the Ukrainian people. 

My statement was on the basis of avoiding nuclear confrontation with Russia. I believe Ukraine will never win this war. He’ll deploy a tactical nuclear weapon if needed. 

50 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Are you assuming that the Russians will have a fair and balanced view of proceedings? 

8 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

And i believe you underestimate the ukrainians

I don’t. I believe they’d be quite capable of fighting off Russian conventional forces. I just fear if that happens, we see a nuclear weapon. Zelenskky has changed his rhetoric to pushing for peace talks. Tweeted that he wanted the west to do more. He realises the grave situation, and the alternative.

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

Because Russia is a cvnt of a country, and Putin is a cvnt, and all his fvcked up dickhead, weak cronies are cvnts. 

14 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

And i believe you underestimate the ukrainians

Whilst it's nice to support the underdog it's not simply a case of underestimating pluck. 

In this case of nuclear arsenal vs non nuclear arsenal there's only one winner over the fullness of time. 

Strategic negotiation and diplomacy will be the element that ensures it doesn't go to the gritty end. Whilst the Ukrainis are fighting admirably and with enviable spirit it's a case of the Russians having several more gears. 

I don't like it but that's how it is. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, westernpark said:

My statement was on the basis of avoiding nuclear confrontation with Russia. I believe Ukraine will never win this war. He’ll deploy a tactical nuclear weapon if needed. 

I would say the opposite., If Ukraine refuses to surrender/agree terms, I don’t see how Russia can win.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Russia will never win ..  to win they will have to wipe out the majority of the population and control those that are left. That will never happen. He won’t use strategic tactical nukes as the west WILL react.  And bully Putin knows that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Whilst it's nice to support the underdog it's not simply a case of underestimating pluck. 

In this case of nuclear arsenal vs non nuclear arsenal there's only one winner over the fullness of time. 

Strategic negotiation and diplomacy will be the element that ensures it doesn't go to the gritty end. Whilst the Ukrainis are fighting admirably and with enviable spirit it's a case of the Russians having several more gears. 

If Putin was to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine he would lose the support of his few remaining allies such as China

and neutral countries such as Israel and India.

Ukraine doesn’t have to militarily defeat Russia, it just needs to stay in fight long enough for Russia’s position to

become either politically or economically untenable.

• Like 1

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

If Putin was to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine he would lose the support of his few remaining allies such as China

and neutral countries such as Israel and India.

Ukraine doesn’t have to militarily defeat Russia, it just needs to stay in fight long enough for Russia’s position to

become either politically or economically untenable.

'strategic negotiation and diplomacy' 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spiritwalker said:

I just can’t see that happening.

Then of course Russia can lose then. My opinion is purely based on that belief. They’ve already played fast and loose with Chernobyl and the other nuclear power station. Bit of radiation for Europe and obliterating part of Ukraine. Not a bad chess piece.

59 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Yes some valid points, however im not talking about the nuclear strengths etc but in the field of the war, the russians may be caoable of bombing kids hospitals and their parents homes etc but when it comes to the urban warefare of the two sides, the ukrainians will give the russians a very hard time take a lot of them out. So my opinion differs to the post that said it will be easy for russia to win this. 

Conventional  warfare wise I'd suggest to the poster hold on, a win for Russia may just not be as easy as you state. 

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Then of course Russia can lose then. My opinion is purely based on that belief. They’ve already played fast and loose with Chernobyl and the other nuclear power station. Bit of radiation for Europe and obliterating part of Ukraine. Not a bad chess piece.

Apparently the prevailing wind generally blows eastwards from Ukraine to Russia rather than towards Europe so any

radiation would in theory blow back on their own population.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1