Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

25 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This is another dimension. Even if Russia and Ukraine agree some kind of compromise that ends the war, what happens to Putin and the other Russian leaders? Presumably sanctions won't simply be dropped and if there are accusations of war crimes, there will be demands for Putin to be held responsible. Russia is likely to remain a pariah state while he is president, irrespective of any deal it strikes with Ukraine.

• Like 1

The longer this drags on without a ceasefire, the more damage is done to Russia’s forces and the less likely putin can simply call a halt and concoct some kind of mission accomplished narrative. 

paradoxically, if ukraine push Russia too far in negotiations, putin may have no option but to continue or face removal from office in the face of such a ‘defeat’. 

zelensky has to tread a fine line between triumphalism and rallying his forces. 

8 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

When I was a lad asking "I want" was met with "I want doesn't get".

And so it should be with Putin. He lists his series of wants but in reality he's not going to get many of them.

A most edifying way of describing international relations.

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Russia's state TV hit by stream of resignations https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60763494

fair play to that woman for the live protest. Seems to have started something.

This should create the sort of media opportunity I've been looking for.

I'm sure they'd be well up for me taking Russian State TV in a more surreal, whimsical direction

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

A most edifying way of describing international relations.

Having read a few of his recent posts on this topic, I don't think David has a full understanding of the enormity of the situation and the means by which it has come about, what is actually happening, or the possible solutions, if there are any.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Well, obviously there was a lack of parental guidance where Putin was involved.

Huh?

FFS. That's a ridiculous statement in the extreme and one of the silliest posts I've read on this topic. How do you know what his upbringing was like?

So are you saying if he'd been disciplined as a child, he'd be more tolerant as a leader?

Christ on a bike. 

Edited by Parafox

9 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Huh?

FFS. That's a ridiculous statement in the extreme and one of the silliest posts I've read on this topic. How do you know what his upbringing was like?

So are you saying if he'd been disciplined as a child, he'd be more tolerant as a leader?

Christ on a bike. 

You obviously haven't been following. I was referencing the fact that Putin's demands are based on a 'I want, I want, I want' mantra.

I was merely pointing out that 'I want, doesn't always get', or perhaps you always get your own way. Silly or not it is a reflection on upbringing.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I really can't believe that an FTer has put a Haha in the corner of StanSP's Twitter message further up this page about 10 people being shot dead queueing for bread.

Let’s hope @SO1 did that by mistake?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

This is quite hard to follow. What's he on about? Putin, I mean

It seems to me like he's basically saying "if you hear someone bad mouthing me or the war then it's free game to injure of kill these people are they're traitors and scum"

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It seems to me like he's basically saying "if you hear someone bad mouthing me or the war then it's free game to injure of kill these people are they're traitors and scum"

"Self purification" indeed, and a weird time to be throwing in a reference to "gender freedoms".

And he's had the cheek to say it's the Ukrainians that are the drug addled Nazis

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
56 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Seems like someone getting desperate. 

It makes me wonder what will happen to Putin when this terrible mess reaches some sort of conclusion. 
‘I’d honestly not be surprised if the cvnt gets off scot-free for fear of ‘inciting another war’ or something along those lines

He's clearly in total shock at the ineptness of the Russian military, they are now undeniably  losing this war and he doesn't know what to do. Clearly the Oligarchs are turning and he's trying to turn the public against them I guess?

29 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

He's clearly in total shock at the ineptness of the Russian military, they are now undeniably  losing this war and he doesn't know what to do. Clearly the Oligarchs are turning and he's trying to turn the public against them I guess?

Well let’s hope so. I wouldn’t like to play him at poker.