Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Turkey !

I have an issue with turkey 

they are in NATO 

hence if attacked,  British armed forces are expected to give their lives to help protect  Turkish sovereignty 

yet turkey will not sanction Russian oligarchs etc ….

surely you are either in or out ?  You can’t be half pregnant …..

are there any other NATO members who are not on board with sanctions ???

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Turkey !

I have an issue with turkey 

they are in NATO 

hence if attacked,  British armed forces are expected to give their lives to help protect  Turkish sovereignty 

yet turkey will not sanction Russian oligarchs etc ….

surely you are either in or out ?  You can’t be half pregnant …..

are there any other NATO members who are not on board with sanctions ???

Dunno but this ain't Nato vs Russia as much as Russia wants to paint it that way.  Its Ukraine vs Russia.  Much of the world is supplying the Ukraine with money supply's and weaponry but that does mean they are at war with Russia.

1 hour ago, foxes1988 said:

Dunno but this ain't Nato vs Russia as much as Russia wants to paint it that way.  Its Ukraine vs Russia.  Much of the world is supplying the Ukraine with money supply's and weaponry but that does mean they are at war with Russia.

Turkey controls the Black Sea access from the med - she should be aware that if mad vlad wants to guarantee an unhindered warm water route to the med and Atlantic, then they may need NATO one day ….. 

22 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Turkey has been selling those drones that Ukraine has been using to destroy Russian Tanks with. They also have closed sea access to Russia. So it's not fair to say they've done nothing. 

They had an option to do this under an international agreement but I’m not sure they’ve actually done it ??

On 21/03/2022 at 22:09, leicsmac said:

If, goodness forbid, that terribleness did happen, it's likely Australia, New Zealand and some parts of South America would be the last vestiges of civilization.

The Australia economy would collapse immediately without anyone to buy their resources. I'm not sure how well that would turn out.

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The Australia economy would collapse immediately without anyone to buy their resources. I'm not sure how well that would turn out.

No doubt.

I was thinking more of simple civilisational infrastructure that could still be used and (more importantly) the people to power it. There wouldn't be many places left that would still have both of those things.

I'm going to be honest, I think both Stoltenberg and the US rep giving the Russians both barrels regarding their nuclear weapons policy is rather a load of hot air, for a couple of reasons: firstly, the US nuclear release protocol is even more "loose" than the Russian one (first use policy under more conditions than the Russian one) and secondly because the posture being indicated by the Russians has always been their position (first use if the existence of the state is gravely threatened) so it's hardly news.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I'm going to be honest, I think both Stoltenberg and the US rep giving the Russians both barrels regarding their nuclear weapons policy is rather a load of hot air, for a couple of reasons: firstly, the US nuclear release protocol is even more "loose" than the Russian one (first use policy under more conditions than the Russian one) and secondly because the posture being indicated by the Russians has always been their position (first use if the existence of the state is gravely threatened) so it's hardly news.

No it’s hardly news. Leskov literally told the CNN person to read their defence constitution, not changed at all. Both sides are trying to make sure this doesn’t escalate past Ukraine, it’s just NATO and Russia have different aims inside the country!