Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

If you've ever fancied being a Russian general, there's never been a better time to apply, loads of vacancies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60807538

Maybe it's not a surprise that some of their kit is a bit crap, but they're really rubbish at doing war aren't they?

Statistically being a Russian General is that same as playing Russian roulette once a fortnight…

28 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think it will get worse, the tension between US and Putin could trigger him entering nato then its all out war.. 

That kim jong un is a slimy **** as well

I think the opposite ..  fair play to Sleepy Joe, he made a good speech today and let Putin know exactly what will happen if there is any infringement on NATO territory. The only problem is what he might do in Ukraine. Toss a coin on that one. 

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think it will get worse, the tension between US and Putin could trigger him entering nato then its all out war.. 

That kim jong un is a slimy **** as well

there’s absolutely no way Putin will attack a NATO country 

there was no chance before the Ukraine war and there’s even less chance now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lionator said:

One thing I find incredible is that Biden’s approval ratings in the US have actually dropped over the last month. Yet from the outside it seems like he’s handled this incredibly well in very difficult circumstances. I suppose American’s don’t like presidents who back away from war. 

He’s done everything but put boots on the ground.Including financially handicapping his own working class.

33 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

This is a bit more than a few cents on a gallon 

Yep, but it isn't the only issue here.

28 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Name me an electorate that doesn’t think with their wallet’s 

And therein lies a fundamental flaw of democracy, even though it is still the best imperfect system among imperfect systems.

31 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Name me an electorate that doesn’t think with their wallet’s 

to some extent you’re right but I for one don’t care about additional costs of petrol ( and  consequently just about everything else right now     ) because I know it’s a result of sanctions against Russia  and turning back our dependence on Russian oil ,which I am more than happy to support.  Besides, as a Christian I will vote for whoever I feel represents me and my beliefs, not about who puts a a bit of extra money in my pocket …. However I don’t want to get this too far off track. So I’ll just leave it there :)

47 minutes ago, MPH said:

to some extent you’re right but I for one don’t care about additional costs of petrol ( and  consequently just about everything else right now     ) because I know it’s a result of sanctions against Russia  and turning back our dependence on Russian oil ,which I am more than happy to support.  Besides, as a Christian I will vote for whoever I feel represents me and my beliefs, not about who puts a a bit of extra money in my pocket …. However I don’t want to get this too far off track. So I’ll just leave it there :)

It’s good that you can afford to take the moral high ground.I’m presuming you’ve chucked everything in your house that’s made in China out the window.A lot of it will be made using Russian oil.Even more so moving forward.Anyway we move on.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lionator said:

One thing I find incredible is that Biden’s approval ratings in the US have actually dropped over the last month. Yet from the outside it seems like he’s handled this incredibly well in very difficult circumstances. I suppose American’s don’t like presidents who back away from war. 

You really think his disapproval comes solely down to the war?

Guess we knew last year that all this mess would happen, since he also saw a drop then

:whistle:

Edited by marbles
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, marbles said:

You really think his disapproval comes solely down to the war?

Guess we knew last year that all this mess would happen, since he also saw a drop then

:whistle:

To be honest I don't foresee any US President for the next couple of decades - whatever their party - getting approval ratings of over 50% at practically any point barring some extraordinary existential threat that somehow unites people.

The polarisation over there is much too strong now.

• Like 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

To be honest I don't foresee any US President for the next couple of decades - whatever their party - getting approval ratings of over 50% at practically any point barring some extraordinary existential threat that somehow unites people.

The polarisation over there is much too strong now.

Too much polarization, and no one of any importance seems to speak up against it.

This thread concerns the illegal invasion and emergent war crimes committed in Ukraine by a repressive and corrupt regime presided over by a ruthless dictator. On the 24th January, when I originally posted concerns in the 'Also in the News' thread about the intensification of the build up of the Russian army on the borders of Ukraine, classic FT modus operandi, I received two dismissive laughing emojis. 

I'm now curious as to whether the initial stances taken by @Heathrow fox and @SO1 concerning this war waged by Moscow have changed, as to their views on the deliberate and indiscriminate killing of civilians and aside from bizarrely using this thread and others as a vehicle to attack Joe Biden and the Democrat party, whether they have any words of condemnation regarding Mr Putin and his ruinous warmongering? 

In your own time. 

33 minutes ago, Line-X said:

This thread concerns the illegal invasion and emergent war crimes committed in Ukraine by a repressive and corrupt regime presided over by a ruthless dictator. On the 24th January, when I originally posted concerns in the 'Also in the News' thread about the intensification of the build up of the Russian army on the borders of Ukraine, classic FT modus operandi, I received two dismissive laughing emojis. 

I'm now curious as to whether the initial stances taken by @Heathrow fox and @SO1 concerning this war waged by Moscow have changed, as to their views on the deliberate and indiscriminate killing of civilians and aside from bizarrely using this thread and others as a vehicle to attack Joe Biden and the Democrat party, whether they have any words of condemnation regarding Mr Putin and his ruinous warmongering? 

In your own time. 

Always great to see someone gloat over the DEATHS of others. You truly are a piece of work.

• Like 1

Woke up to a god awful video of dead civilians in Mariupol, most in their pyjamas and some with hands tied. Looks like a holocaust scene.

As horrible as it is it's important we see this as a planet. Just look on the Ukraine reddit page.

I will never forgive Russia for this.

7 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Woke up to a god awful video of dead civilians in Mariupol, most in their pyjamas and some with hands tied. Looks like a holocaust scene.

As horrible as it is it's important we see this as a planet. Just look on the Ukraine reddit page.

I will never forgive Russia for this.

Just stumbled upon the same video, I think. Absolutely ****ing harrowing.