Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

1 hour ago, kenny said:

Roman Abramovich and Ukrainian peace negotiators ‘victims of suspected poisoning’

Roman Abramovich and Ukrainian peace negotiators suffered symptoms of suspected poisoning after a meeting in the capital, Kyiv, earlier this month, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.

Abramovich and at least two senior members of the Ukrainian delegation developed symptoms that included “red eyes, constant and painful tearing”, the paper cites sources familiar with the matter.

The paper said individuals familiar with the matter blamed the suspected attack on Moscow who they said wanted to sabotage talks to end the war. A person close to Abramovich said it wasn’t clear who had targeted the group, the WSJ said.

Abramovich and the members of the Ukrainian delegation have since improved, the people said. Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, who has met with Abramovich, was not affected, they said.

What has become of Russia? Is it all totally corrupted by Vladimir and his dirty tricks?

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Grim 

Parts of it sadly remind me so much of the Yugoslavia conflict 

Pointless violence waged by those who crave power with the veneer of sectarian justification?

Yeah, I can see the resemblance.

16 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Not being funny, but that is the point of democracy and free speech.

Of course it is. Didn't say otherwise.

I'm also free to call them out for being sadistic c***s.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

:fc:

Looks like they're angling for a square deal for Crimea and Donbass, then.

4 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Positive, but the peace deal should be to piss off completely and then hand putin over for war crimes.  Fat chance any of those happen!

Yeah, fat chance, more's the pity.

Additionally he'd have to join the queue if what we were really looking for was to bring all war criminals to justice. A rather extensive queue.

• Like 2

I am guessing that the sanctions will stay in place until Russia withdraws completely which i doubt theyd agree too. Still its down to what the good people of Ukraine want first but its going to take a !ot of rebuilding. 

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

I am guessing that the sanctions will stay in place until Russia withdraws completely which i doubt theyd agree too. Still its down to what the good people of Ukraine want first but its going to take a !ot of rebuilding. 

Regardless of whether sanctions formally continue into the future, some things have been set in motion. The West no longer trusts Putin’s Russia, and will greatly increase its military spending. Europe will gradually wean itself off Russia’s fossil fuels and maybe even other resources where possible.

I mourn the loss of life/ the innocent civilians and the poor Ukranian soldiers  killed defending their country.. I even pity and mourn the young, naive Russian Conscripts duped into battle.. I’m so upset and angry about it all..

but by Golly, I am enjoying watching  the Russians  squirm and trying to save face at their somewhat botched invasion..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Positive, but the peace deal should be to piss off completely and then hand putin over for war crimes.  Fat chance any of those happen!

Just as Blair and Bush will be free putin the monster will be as well... One day these killers will be held responsible. One day. 

• Haha 1

find it funny  the football world has condemned Russia so strongly especially in sporting terms (rightly so) but they actively let them have the world cup. And this was after the invasion of donbass.
BTW, Qatar is bombing Libya and intervening rn, but nothing will change.....just got to hope for the best. Nothing worse in this world than war 

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

find it funny  the football world has condemned Russia so strongly especially in sporting terms (rightly so) but they actively let them have the world cup. And this was after the invasion of donbass.
BTW, Qatar is bombing Libya and intervening rn, but nothing will change.....just got to hope for the best. Nothing worse in this world than war 

The idea that bringing football to somewhere like Qatar will help improve their human rights record by shining a light on it is seriously dodgy.  Definitely nothing to do with the huge amount of cash Qatar put on the table, the new stadiums etc which offer lots of opportunity for special deals...

• Like 4

I’m hoping sanctions stay in place for Russia whilst Putin is still in charge. 

Im also hoping it acts as a deterrent to the the likes of China and the stakes it proclaims in Taiwan, so reconsider invading. 

With how poorly the invasion has gone and Russian proclaiming they’re withdrawing, surely the only real top level fear about Russia as a military force now is nuclear?

I still find it funny when I see pictures of tractors towing military vehicles.  

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Im also hoping it acts as a deterrent to the the likes of China and the stakes it proclaims in Taiwan, so reconsider invading. 

With how poorly the invasion has gone and Russian proclaiming they’re withdrawing, surely the only real top level fear about Russia as a military force now is nuclear?

I suspect China will have looked very carefully at how hard it is to win territory against even a smaller force which is lightly equipped.  China could no doubt defeat Taiwan eventually, but at what price?  If they destroy the Taiwan manufacturing base in the process then they have won little.

7 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The idea that bringing football to somewhere like Qatar will help improve their human rights record by shining a light on it is seriously dodgy.  Definitely nothing to do with the huge amount of cash Qatar put on the table, the new stadiums etc which offer lots of opportunity for special deals...

Agreed, I think it's more than just dodgy i think it's just a plain old cash grab. 

6 hours ago, Sly said:

If i was Putin and given the misinformation I've been fed about the state of my forces capabilities to date, I'd be getting the nukes tested and checked as a priority.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I suspect China will have looked very carefully at how hard it is to win territory against even a smaller force which is lightly equipped.  China could no doubt defeat Taiwan eventually, but at what price?  If they destroy the Taiwan manufacturing base in the process then they have won little.

Taiwan is a pin **** compared to ukraine …….of course fighting in built up areas is going to be relevant across much of the island ….

China cares little for Taiwan’s manufacturing base in the short term …….. they want the island back under party rule …..keeping billions of people on message is tough ……

back to Russia ……. Their words are worth nothing ……. A week before the invasion they announced they were pulling troops back - western govts never bought it and said it wasn’t true - many ‘apologists’ called them out for not taking the Kremlin at face value ……

• Like 1