Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

49 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

New footage showing how bad Putins Parkinson’s disease is getting ..  now that is scary ..  

Parkinson's symptoms usually begin gradually and get worse over time. As the disease progresses, people may have difficulty walking and talking. They may also have mental and behavioral changes, sleep problems, depression, memory difficulties, and fatigue.

I don’t think he has Parkinson’s, people are just looking far too deeply into things. And to be honest, if it was that bad then he wouldn’t be able to function on a daily basis. Parkinson’s doesn’t make you daft either. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Do you have a link to the footage?

No sorry but I saw it on apple news and they said it had just been posted by the BBC  …. here’s a screenshot of it ..  it looks quite bad ..  his hand shakes so much he shoves it in his jacket then he sort of stumbles forward to meet that Belarusian bloke ..  then he gets a spasm in his thumb .. 

3DDA9DF7-78E2-45B2-98BC-F0ACE8143268.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I don’t think he has Parkinson’s, people are just looking far too deeply into things. And to be honest, if it was that bad then he wouldn’t be able to function on a daily basis. Parkinson’s doesn’t make you daft either. 

“Mental and behavioural changes” …. and he’s getting worse ..  and who exactly is going to try and stop him ..   

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

“Mental and behavioural changes” …. and he’s getting worse ..  and who exactly is going to try and stop him ..   

he’s not crazy, everything he’s done has been cruel but completely rational. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

he’s not crazy, everything he’s done has been cruel but completely rational. 

Ok I’ll say it one last time ..  his illness is getting worse ..  not really relevant to what he’s done in the past ..

Forget this despots threats of the ifs..

He sent in his military without any physical threat, or provocation,bent on a genocide attitude attack on his neighbour.
Targeting from the beginning,without remorse or sense 

civilians, murdering & blowing away the normal women & children into oblivion of

a soverign state.

He started it, just as evil as A.Hitler & cronies..
Nothing absolutely nothing this man says,can be seen as normal or civilised..

He started the shit..!!

We must ignore his threats & carry on delivering medicine, & civil support.

Also arms of all kind,that can help Ukraine not only defend,but to the push evil Russian forces back into their own hellish,uncivilised grottos.

Putin has no excuse of mitigating circumstances.The Russians can’t hide behind

not knowing what is happening,the platforms & contacts are there..

If Russian peasants in outer Siberia, can’t understand,fair enough

But every Russian City or ,Provence dweller with any decent modern education…

KNOWS WHAT IS going on…

We should let them know that we know,& they will be held to account…

Diplomacy yes,but no shying away from the basic truths

Nato,EU, western Govts had/have not  made any War or after moves before he started murdering innocent people…

Putin & cronies are evil warmongers,for power, and criminal gangsters at that.. 

He is no freedom-fighter, he has discovered in those provinces he claimed wanted

still to be associated with Russia,civilians  fled to western provinces, & not into Russia, crying sanctuary..

Any  from this side of the line Trying to argue western-conspiracies, western-media brainwashing,and that we are just as evil,gives credence to the worst European 

dictator despot cvunt since. WWII . Even  if our own Govts are borderline cases of being morally evil..

Boris Johnson’s Govt. Breaking COVID law and not resigning,and TELLING US

hes better than the public,by his action, and civilians & Politians, not going out on the street to oust him, just shows how hypocritically-comfortable without remorse

OUR own society is…

• Like 4

On 26/04/2022 at 01:12, leicsmac said:

...so the (implicit) suggestion here is that we need to push the world to the edge of nuclear holocaust through rattling the sabre in order to lower the threat in future?

With respect, that sounds remarkably illogical and needlessly gambling with the end of civilisation. To have done that a few times in the past is bad enough - to think of doing it again with what seems to be no justification seems worse.

What the "West" is doing now, viz. supplying arms and keeping Ukraine in the fight while taking every possible measure to avoid escalation by not facing Russia directly, is the right thing to do. The idea of protecting all those other innocent countries and poor people, as well as practically everyone else here, will mean nothing if most of them then disappear in a flash of pika.

As an aside, I would suggest everyone who is OK with pushing things more watch the movie Threads and consider what it might really mean. Yes, I'm afraid of nuclear escalation, even if the chances are low - and every sane person on this green Earth should be, given what it truly entails.

Not sure what you are on about saying rattling the Sabre. We need to stand up to Putin and show him that targeting innocent civilians is not exceptsble and won’t be tolerated. Tens of millions died in WW2, through appeasing Hitler in the early years. It seems to me that you are in favour of appeasing Putin , that history tells us never works

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

to be fair this is as clear as day. So is his attempt to hide it. What it is though, is obviously still up for discussion.

3 hours ago, Claridge said:

Not sure what you are on about saying rattling the Sabre. We need to stand up to Putin and show him that targeting innocent civilians is not exceptsble and won’t be tolerated. Tens of millions died in WW2, through appeasing Hitler in the early years. It seems to me that you are in favour of appeasing Putin , that history tells us never works

Dunge pretty much said what I wanted to say.

The only things I'll add are that there is way too much rhetoric being bandied about regarding eliminating Russia as a state entirely, I made my position clear on what should be done on the previous page (it doesn't involve doing nothing) and I've no idea why the WWII stuff is in there beyond an attempt to appeal to the UK's continual idealisation of a war ("The War") and their role in it that was almost eighty years ago and has next to zero geopolitical relevance to this war in today's massively changed world (some losing parties have the irrevocable power to take everyone with them now, and that matters).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dunge said:

Without wanting to put words in Mac’s mouth, I don’t think he is in favour of appeasing Putin. More that you have to be smart in how you face him down. Doing what Liz Truss did today with effective sabre-rattling and talking openly in a way that implies some sort of ownership over the war is a way to potentially spook Russia into escalating. Right now, actions (quiet provision of defensive weapons and intel) are effective while words need to remain calm. Not subservient, but calm. The Americans for once seem to have it right, shrugging their shoulders at the mention of nukes to avoid escalation (whilst no doubt analysing like hell behind the scenes to get a feel for any risks) while not backing away either, holding a relatively fair line. Meanwhile we seem to have some hawks around in our government who think it’s best to shout passive-aggressive threats of their own at Putin - precisely the kind of thing in my view that’s most likely to provoke him into doing something stupid that he can’t then back down from. And that’s the thing here for me: Stand up to him, yes. But avoid provocation. Be the adult, carefully trying to get the knife out of the child’s hand.

This is a great post and it’s they way I’ve been feeling. It seems our government just need to calm down as they’re getting too emotionally involved. I know it’s horrible, but we need our government to be leaders. At the moment, they’re showing up to be amateurs and that is dangerous. Truss needs to be very careful in what she says and the way she says it. A calm and measured way is the best at the moment. Not shouting from the roof tops as she seems to be doing. Taking the knife from the child’s hand is a great way to describe it.

I see posts saying that we should just attack Russia because NATO is stronger etc… but there be will so much collateral damage. what about the human cost? I don’t mean just armies on both side but populations will be affected on both sides of this? They’re would be so much destruction and needless loss of life. Look at just Ukraine.  Economies, would they survive? We wouldn’t be able to do normal things? Cost of living? Do you need a stronger army if the opposition has the ability to strike your home? Is our tiny island protected?  And so on. 

If this has shown us anything it had highlighted how interconnected we are to one another by our economies across the world. Being self sufficient doesn’t really exist.

Yes I’m frightened by all this. Certainly with the pandemic still raging but more under control, I was hoping 2022 was going to be a turning point. Alas not. I wish I had answers for all this, but I just don’t. All I know is we need to find a way to end the tragedy that is unfolding.

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Truss has shown herself to be a real political muppet in defining  “British war aims” in terms of pushing Russia out of the whole of the Ukraine, including Crimea and Donbas as a “strategic imperative”. Of course this is highly desirable and the morally correct outcome but there is no conceivable way that this conflict will end with Russia returning Crimea and relinquishing its claim on Donbas so she has now set the bar at a level where her aims will inevitably be unmet with any lesser outcome being viewed as a failure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

This is a great post and it’s they way I’ve been feeling. It seems our government just need to calm down as they’re getting too emotionally involved. I know it’s horrible, but we need our government to be leaders. At the moment, they’re showing up to be amateurs and that is dangerous. Truss needs to be very careful in what she says and the way she says it. A calm and measured way is the best at the moment. Not shouting from the roof tops as she seems to be doing. Taking the knife from the child’s hand is a great way to describe it.

I see posts saying that we should just attack Russia because NATO is stronger etc… but there be will so much collateral damage. what about the human cost? I don’t mean just armies on both side but populations will be affected on both sides of this? They’re would be so much destruction and needless loss of life. Look at just Ukraine.  Economies, would they survive? We wouldn’t be able to do normal things? Cost of living? Do you need a stronger army if the opposition has the ability to strike your home? Is our tiny island protected?  And so on. 

If this has shown us anything it had highlighted how interconnected we are to one another by our economies across the world. Being self sufficient doesn’t really exist.

Yes I’m frightened by all this. Certainly with the pandemic still raging but more under control, I was hoping 2022 was going to be a turning point. Alas not. I wish I had answers for all this, but I just don’t. All I know is we need to find a way to end the tragedy that is unfolding.

If the world gets through all this, we need to invest in a real solution to prevent missiles attacking UK air space, we need our top military companies developing an anti ballistic missile system that guards our borders. 

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If the world gets through all this, we need to invest in a real solution to prevent missiles attacking UK air space, we need our top military companies developing an anti ballistic missile system that guards our borders. 

I can see why someone would think this, but there are two issues:

- it costs much less to build enough warheads to surpass an ABM system than to keep such system responding to the constantly increasing number. That's why the US and Russia have nominal ABM systems but still realise that it would be impractical to have one that would defend even one place against everything.

- if such a system could be built by one country, then that would be incredibly destabilising. Imagine just one nation immune to the threat of nuclear strike. What would every other nation do, if that came about?

3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the future Puin tries to call NATOs bluff with some kind of provocation on NATO turf. 

Not while Biden is in the chair to be honest. It would be pretty stupid tempting the Septics to actually act. 

3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the future Puin tries to call NATOs bluff with some kind of provocation on NATO turf. 

Let's hope that the crumblin' Kremlin cretin doesn't target Leicester in revenge for City beating Spartak Moscow back in October! Apparently.he's already got a list of targets in the West to attack, if he decides that we're 'meddling' in Ukraine too much.

Edited by String fellow

17 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Let's hope that the crumblin' Kremlin cretin doesn't target Leicester in revenge for City beating Spartak Moscow back in October! Apparently.he's already got a list of targets in the West to attack, if he decides that we're 'meddling' in Ukraine too much.

Putin is already meddling in the Ukraine..

Some People might not have cottoned on..

Due to the floating introduction of globalisation,

Ukraine ( central jump-off point & supplier or terminus) is Europes bread-basket..

Thankfully we have small back ups,but many high % of our home- basics,

were /are fed / supplied/ distributed through this area..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I can see why someone would think this, but there are two issues:

- it costs much less to build enough warheads to surpass an ABM system than to keep such system responding to the constantly increasing number. That's why the US and Russia have nominal ABM systems but still realise that it would be impractical to have one that would defend even one place against everything.

- if such a system could be built by one country, then that would be incredibly destabilising. Imagine just one nation immune to the threat of nuclear strike. What would every other nation do, if that came about?

I was thinking more of a emp curtain around the UK that fires upwards into space which wipes out any electronics that flys though it, or even better, causes the missiles to turn round and go back to where they came from. 

46 minutes ago, String fellow said:

We'll be safe, Leicester is a nuclear free zone, it used to say it on the signpost at Braunstone crossroads. Here you go...

image.jpeg.cea4b858e4d68779a333999b8f03b849.jpeg

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Daka is deep in the sh1t then!!

• Haha 1