Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Truss has shown herself to be a real political muppet in defining  “British war aims” in terms of pushing Russia out of the whole of the Ukraine, including Crimea and Donbas as a “strategic imperative”. Of course this is highly desirable and the morally correct outcome but there is no conceivable way that this conflict will end with Russia returning Crimea and relinquishing its claim on Donbas so she has now set the bar at a level where her aims will inevitably be unmet with any lesser outcome being viewed as a failure. 

She's totally incompetent and dim. The Ukraine have been defending for the most part and I can't see them being capable of pushing a consolidated Russian line back by force.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I was thinking more of a emp curtain around the UK that fires upwards into space which wipes out any electronics that flys though it, or even better, causes the missiles to turn round and go back to where they came from. 

Given that nuclear warheads are seriously hardened against EMP (because they cause one themselves when they detonate and you don't want one blast killing the other warheads coming in) I'm not entirely sure how viable that is either, as well as the above instability reasons.

Sorry to keep pissing in your chips here, man.

46 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Given that nuclear warheads are seriously hardened against EMP (because they cause one themselves when they detonate and you don't want one blast killing the other warheads coming in) I'm not entirely sure how viable that is either, as well as the above instability reasons.

Sorry to keep pissing in your chips here, man.

A 1000 mile long net then.

8 hours ago, SMX11 said:

The Ukraine have been defending for the most part and I can't see them being capable of pushing a consolidated Russian line back by force.

I think the hope is that those Ukrainians being taught out of country to operate the equipment being donated will begin to make a difference from end of May/Jun. I certainly hope so.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61265635

Though Guterres should be critical of his own organisation, this is hardly the first time the UNSC has failed to stop one of the big boys going to town on a smaller one. Hungary? Czechoslovakia? Afghanistan (twice, once from each side)? Iraq? Vietnam?

The current structure allows for stopping the big players from fighting each other, but not from them messing with the smaller ones. I'm not sure how that can be changed to be more successful at doing so, given the amount of power the big players wield within that organisation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-china-61239833

Brave man.

21 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

If the world gets through all this, we need to invest in a real solution to prevent missiles attacking UK air space, we need our top military companies developing an anti ballistic missile system that guards our borders. 

Ballistic weapons are not the main concern. It's the hypersonic weaponry for which there is no current defence or countermeasure whatsoever. Emerging technology such as directed energy weapons, particle beams and a range of non-kinetic weapons is currently being channeled into the development of hypersonic defence systems, but this is very much in its infancy. 

21 hours ago, String fellow said:

Let's hope that the crumblin' Kremlin cretin doesn't target Leicester in revenge for City beating Spartak Moscow back in October! Apparently.he's already got a list of targets in the West to attack, if he decides that we're 'meddling' in Ukraine too much.

No need to worry - he's a Zenit St. Petersburg fan. :thumbup:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SMX11 said:

She's totally incompetent and dim. The Ukraine have been defending for the most part and I can't see them being capable of pushing a consolidated Russian line back by force.

Truss wouldn’t make these statements without being encouraged and having them cleared

i suspect her making a fool of herself is part of the incumbent ensuring that all his challengers are considered unelectable 

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

I guess it depends whether or not he wants the destruction of human civilisation to be his legacy. Because that would be the inevitable result.

Speaking personally, I reckon that if that is what he wants there are easier ways to go about it, like just opening the Cheget briefcase without any prior announcement and giving the order.

19 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

It’s a poor article. Think Wallace has been misunderstood. Putin will do something along those lines on the 9 May, but a war against all Nazis is not necessarily World War 3. 
Propaganda purposes will be at their highest potential on the 9 May, he can take advantage domestically for support to his cause.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

This story - or interpretation of Wallace's statements is largely being circulated by the usual suspects - red tops and social media following the sensationalised interview by LBC. What is actually being suggested by the ministry of defence is that the Moscow May Day parade which apart from being a symbol of great national pride, is also a show of force - and Putin will use this to extend his rhetoric beyond the boundaries of Ukraine. "War with the world's Nazis" is not a formal declaration of war as such, but it is clear shot across the bows of NATO countries that Moscow will not hesitate to escalate his 'special military operation' and the term 'Nazis' justifies his crusade and gives him licence to do so against collaborators and enemies of the Russian Federation. I suspect that the next phase is Transnistria and ultimately Moldova. I am confident that Putin will not risk direct engagement with NATO or incursion onto their soil, but regards interference in Ukraine and the continual flow of arms by the west as a growing threat. The declaration of "war against the world's Nazis" is yet more evocation of the spectre of nuclear war which haunts the world. He aims to spread fear, uncertainty and disunity around the planet through Russian nuclear capability. If Sweden and Finland join NATO, it is a spectacular own goal for the Kremlin, but will likely inflame the situation further and edge the hands of the Doomsday Clock ever closer to midnight. 

Scary stuff. I still can’t bring myself to believe that those around Putin are willing for themselves, and everyone (and everything) they hold dear, to be obliterated for… reasons. Are things so bad for them that they would prefer death?

Someone needs to grow a pair, put a bullet in the cvnts head and soak in the collective sigh of relief. 

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

What is actually being suggested by the ministry of defence is that the Moscow May Day parade which apart from being a symbol of great national pride, is also a show of force

Hundreds of dummy tanks and missile launchers? And "soldiers" forced to take part in the parade?

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Hundreds of dummy tanks and missile launchers? And "soldiers" forced to take part in the parade?

Well in recent previous years they've showcased hypersonic missile systems, drones, robotic fighting vehicles and stealth fighter jets - so no reason to suppose they won't do the same but on a greater scale. The soldiers will likely be composed of a mixture of regulars, conscripts and cadets and I think you'll find that they are all share the same levels of pride in representing their country. 

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Well in recent previous years they've showcased hypersonic missile systems, drones, robotic fighting vehicles and stealth fighter jets - so no reason to suppose they won't do the same but on a greater scale. The soldiers will likely be composed of a mixture of regulars, conscripts and cadets and I think you'll find that they are all share the same levels of pride in representing their country. 

I must admit I don't watch or take much note of the Russian/Chinese military parades, nor those of any other military power that uses them as an exhibition of their forces other than what I see on the news. So I had no knowledge of these weapons.

I do quite like our Military Tattoo, though. Those horse drawn cannons...

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I must admit I don't watch or take much note of the Russian/Chinese military parades, nor those of any other military power that uses them as an exhibition of their forces other than what I see on the news. So I had no knowledge of these weapons.

I do quite like our Military Tattoo, though. Those horse drawn cannons...

Be nice if this happened...

interesting channel and shows that people of Russia are just like us and don’t want this either. Love the one comment from the one bloke. Watch it to find out. The ones that say I can’t comment obviously means they disagree. 

Yes, they’ll be the people who are with Putin and what he’s doing, but I’m of the belief that not all 145m Russians believe the same thing and they would like the freedom to say what they like, as we do with Bo Jo without looking over our shoulder all the time. 

• Like 1

Also is this guy actually got a memory issue…from bbc. 

Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov has said his country does not consider itself to be at war with Nato, according to state news agency Ria. 

He says such a development would increase the risk of nuclear war, which cannot be allowed, Ria reports. 

Lavrov has also said Russia is not threatening anyone with nuclear war, but accuses Western nations of doing so. 

The foreign minister blames stalled peace talks with Ukraine on what he calls Kyiv's desire to "constantly play games", Ria reports.

Edited by fox_favourite