Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

3 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

I suspect Lavrov will regret upsetting Israel with his claims that Hitler had Jewish blood. I can see that one coming back to bite Russia on the back side. 

The Israelis have very clever ways of getting rid of people they dislike (eg head of Irans atomic development) so Mr Lavrov just watch out.

22 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

I suspect Lavrov will regret upsetting Israel with his claims that Hitler had Jewish blood. I can see that one coming back to bite Russia on the back side. 

It's getting a bit confusing now. Isreal supporting neo-nazism seems a bit odd to say the least.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

It's getting a bit confusing now. Isreal supporting neo-nazism seems a bit odd to say the least.

The Putin regime has spent the last couple of decades spreading lies, fake news, and troublesome bots across social media. It's no surprise they can no longer tell themselves what is reality and what isn't.

3 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

The Putin regime has spent the last couple of decades spreading lies, fake news, and troublesome bots across social media. It's no surprise they can no longer tell themselves what is reality and what isn't.

Indeed.

Watched a Russian media propaganda clip yesterday boasting that one missile strike would make all of the UK disappear under water.  Their graphics shows it completely obliterated as it strikes.  The guy then talks about launching something else to cause a 500m tsunami.  I'd like to know how he presents this with a straight face.  

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Indeed.

Watched a Russian media propaganda clip yesterday boasting that one missile strike would make all of the UK disappear under water.  Their graphics shows it completely obliterated as it strikes.  The guy then talks about launching something else to cause a 500m tsunami.  I'd like to know how he presents this with a straight face.  

What got me as well is how calm and cold he was to deliver ideas on how to murder 70+ million innocent people and to start the end of the world. Russians watching that must think that is horrendous as well, surely. There will be some that agree with it, no doubt but for most that must be a terrifying proposition! 

These are all old men who won’t be around in ten years time, history is always written by those who win wars, kill ten people you’re a murderer, kill 10 million and you’re a conqueror. Maybe they’re thinking in 500 years the books and films will be about Putin the conqueror or lavrov the lunatic.

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

These are all old men who won’t be around in ten years time, history is always written by those who win wars, kill ten people you’re a murderer, kill 10 million and you’re a conqueror. Maybe they’re thinking in 500 years the books and films will be about Putin the conqueror or lavrov the lunatic.

This is probably true.

Can't quite imagine why they think such legacies would be written, or even remembered, by anyone in the days of nuclear weaponry, though.

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

This is probably true.

Can't quite imagine why they think such legacies would be written, or even remembered, by anyone in the days of nuclear weaponry, though.

Dunno, but this springs to mind

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It's definitely a time for post apocalyptic fiction to be more popular. The 80's had that in a big way too.

Dust off a copy of The Road, not that I need depressing further.

Russians bombing the crap out of the steel works in Mariupol. God help those defending and sheltering there if the Russians take control, knowing what they are capable of.

15 hours ago, Parafox said:

Russians bombing the crap out of the steel works in Mariupol. God help those defending and sheltering there if the Russians take control, knowing what they are capable of.

If i was going to invade a country, say Ireland, the reason would be to take over and control their Dublin Guiness factory, so what is the point of taking a city where the main steel factory is, and then blowing it up. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If i was going to invade a country, say Ireland, the reason would be to take over and control their Dublin Guiness factory, so what is the point of taking a city where the main steel factory is, and then blowing it up. 

They probably have plenty of steelworks, and destroying these just pushes up the prices for their mates.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

They were probably hoping to starve them out but it's taking much longer than expected. Putin needs to announce some kind of success by the 9th of May for National Victory day celebrations in Russia and by taking full control of Mariupol he can sell to the nation that "liberating" Mariupol, Kherson etc from Ukraine in the south is a huge victory. By finishing off Azov, Putin can also claim to of "denazified" Ukraine, which was one of the original objectives of the invasion. I wonder if denazifying the region will include the Russian backed DPR soldiers who were filmed with SS nazi insignia on their uniforms, while receiving medals for their service in Donbas.   

2 hours ago, turlo said:

They were probably hoping to starve them out but it's taking much longer than expected. Putin needs to announce some kind of success by the 9th of May for National Victory day celebrations in Russia and by taking full control of Mariupol he can sell to the nation that "liberating" Mariupol, Kherson etc from Ukraine in the south is a huge victory. By finishing off Azov, Putin can also claim to of "denazified" Ukraine, which was one of the original objectives of the invasion. I wonder if denazifying the region will include the Russian backed DPR soldiers who were filmed with SS nazi insignia on their uniforms, while receiving medals for their service in Donbas.   

From what I’ve seen, half of Russian football fans are nazis

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The music to this is marginally less inappropriate than the Crazy Frog cover of Axel F they used to soundtrack a Russian tank being blown up the other day, but still seems an odd choice:

Yes it is. The reason they sick a soundtrack over it though is because it’s from a drone and all you would hear is the propellers.

58 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

From the BBC:

Ukraine says a counteroffensive has pushed out Russian forces north of Kharkiv, recapturing some villages around the key city.

While welcome it is more of a PR victory as that area is really at the fringes of the main front in Dombas.