Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

:wave:

The material loses for the Russians are totally unsustainable. As usual I'm not sure they could care less about loss of manpower but the West can provide so many more AT weapons than Russia has available. Russia won't make any more significant gains imo.

the bloke firing it didn't even flinch makes you laugh remember those guys in Iraq with the rocket launchers lol 

8 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

:wave:

The material loses for the Russians are totally unsustainable. As usual I'm not sure they could care less about loss of manpower but the West can provide so many more AT weapons than Russia has available. Russia won't make any more significant gains imo.

Agree -  but adds weight to the thought that Putin needs an excuse to use their intercontinental ballistic missiles, where they DO have a strength. 

He won't and can't lose. Amd we can't afford to back him into a corner. 

Still think the only way out is the CIA  facilitating an internal coup

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree -  but adds weight to the thought that Putin needs an excuse to use their intercontinental ballistic missiles, where they DO have a strength. 

He won't and can't lose. Amd we can't afford to back him into a corner. 

Still think the only way out is the CIA  facilitating an internal coup

Who are they going to use INTERCONTINENTAL ballistic missiles against lol? It would be an awful waste to use them against Ukraine and they’re not going to attack any nato country.

6 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Add to the list of war crimes

Sadly there are too many loopholes in the laws for this use of incendiary bombs to be classed as a war crime and they can be used against military targets as long as there's "clear separation"  from concentrated civilian areas. The fact that there's armed soldiers in the plant who've been taking up firing positions will be enough for it to be deemed a military target.  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Rare honesty in this video from Russian TV, much to the annoyance of the presenter..

I wonder if he's been assassinated  yet? Unless it's been put out to slowly reduce expectations of the nation and as they look to settle for reduced victory conditions by declaring they've liberated South Ukraine and secured Donbass. A big change from the usual threats of nuking NATO territory. 

40 minutes ago, turlo said:

I wonder if he's been assassinated  yet? Unless it's been put out to slowly reduce expectations of the nation and as they look to settle for reduced victory conditions by declaring they've liberated South Ukraine and secured Donbass. A big change from the usual threats of nuking NATO territory. 

I think it’s an old retired general… would be quite something, even for Russia to bump him off. Especially saying it live on TV. But you might be right. He could be planted to lower expectations. He’s just very accurate in what he’s saying and I’m not used to such honesty from the Russians!

Edited by MPH

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Rare honesty in this video from Russian TV, much to the annoyance of the presenter..

Very interesting. There must have been assumptions beforehand that he would be addressing his opinions like this or he'd have been cut off, and with it being state television they must have wanted the public to hear it. Now is that to lower public expectations of the outcome of the war, or to try to drum up more support for Russians to enlist?

Need to sort the Russian blockade on the grain to avoid a world shortage ...   Putin won't back down so the West must supply Ukraine with Harpoon missiles as a matter of urgency ...  there is a worry about how the Russians will respond but I don't think we have any choice ...   the grain that is stored will go rotten and the next harvest is due soon.   

And we need to give Turkey a kick up the arse and get the baltic states in NATO asap !!

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Need to sort the Russian blockade on the grain to avoid a world shortage ...   Putin won't back down so the West must supply Ukraine with Harpoon missiles as a matter of urgency ...  there is a worry about how the Russians will respond but I don't think we have any choice ...   the grain that is stored will go rotten and the next harvest is due soon.   

And we need to give Turkey a kick up the arse and get the baltic states in NATO asap !!

You mean sweden and finland ?  the baltic states are already in ...

if turkey are going to behave like a spoilt kid then i'm sure we can arrange international agreements whereby uk, france, germany, usa etc provide the equivalent of article 5 outside of NATO. turkey needn't be involved in the protection of finland and sweden

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You mean sweden and finland ?  the baltic states are already in ...

if turkey are going to behave like a spoilt kid then i'm sure we can arrange international agreements whereby uk, france, germany, usa etc provide the equivalent of article 5 outside of NATO. turkey needn't be involved in the protection of finland and sweden

That’s the one ! ..  north a bit from the Baltic states !! ..  :thumbup:

I must  admit, it’s looking more and more like the USA and their allies have played an absolute blinder here. The Destruction of Russian Military reputation, the destruction of the Russian economy , not a single Russian goal met, the expansion of NATO right up onto Russias doorstep ( the opposite was one of Russia’s goal) all without laying a single troop on the ground.

All Russia has left is an angry finger to wave with empty threats and the farcical further damage to their own economy by refusing to give Finland  and others natural gas.

Sure we’ve sent Ukraine a ton of money and military hardware but Money is one thing the USA has plenty of and the replenishing of military equipment is only going to stimulate their economy anyway.

Americans are paying  $4.50 for a gallon of gas compared to $2.50 2 years ago and  extra for their burgers and fries. But if that’s the only price they have to pay to see an arch enemy self capitulate then it’s a. Price worth paying surely?

it IS  worth saying that i in no way mean to demean  the damage or worth of Ukrainian life  and the scenes I see continue to break my heart ( I’ve donated a large sum of money to Ukrainian refugees) but, purely on a world level , it’s Well played, NATO, well played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I must  admit, it’s looking more and more like the USA and their allies have played an absolute blinder here. The Destruction of Russian Military reputation, the destruction of the Russian economy , not a single Russian goal met, the expansion of NATO right up onto Russias doorstep ( the opposite was one of Russia’s goal) all without laying a single troop on the ground.

All Russia has left is an angry finger to wave with empty threats and the farcical further damage to their own economy by refusing to give Finland  and others natural gas.

Sure we’ve sent Ukraine a ton of money and military hardware but Money is one thing the USA has plenty of and the replenishing of military equipment is only going to stimulate their economy anyway.

Americans are paying  $4.50 for a gallon of gas compared to $2.50 2 years ago and  extra for their burgers and fries. But if that’s the only price they have to pay to see an arch enemy self capitulate then it’s a. Price worth paying surely?

it IS  worth saying that i in no way mean to demean  the damage or worth of Ukrainian life  and the scenes I see continue to break my heart ( I’ve donated a large sum of money to Ukrainian refugees) but, purely on a world level , it’s Well played, NATO, well played.

A fair assessment.

The only caveat of caution that I'll offer is that the world is a big place and there's plenty of less scrupulous places, some with rather a lot of economic power, that will pay to keep Russia going.

10 hours ago, leicsmac said:

A fair assessment.

The only caveat of caution that I'll offer is that the world is a big place and there's plenty of less scrupulous places, some with rather a lot of economic power, that will pay to keep Russia going.

yes you are very correct.  I’m not an economist  but I’d imagine  because the dollar, pound and euro are fairly strong currencies  and that these are quite sought after , tradeable, commodities? They’ll get  finances for their oil and gas elsewhere I’d imagine but it will have to be somewhat underhanded trade deals which will bring them  a lower price as they’d be asking countries to risk breaking sanctions won’t they?

Just now, Countryfox said:

My fear now is that the West may start to lessen its support and start to push for a diplomatic solution (as per Macron and an article in the New York press) ...  the only way to do that will be to cede occupied land already taken.  Although Ukraine is not likely to agree to this it would embolden Russia to push harder and try the same tactic elsewhere  ...  (Moldova ?).   We need to increase support with more weaponry specific to the problems the Ukrainians are now facing as Russia learns from its mistakes ...   tighten sanctions further ...   and drive home our advantage whilst we have the chance.   It is one thing stopping the Russians but driving them back in the south and East will be extremely difficult.  Such a pivotal time ...   :unsure:

agree completely. If the Ukraine ‘ gives’ them the Donbas then they’ll just use it to attack Ukraine again but from a stronger more local position.. Ukraine will be landlocked because of the Russian gains in the south and long term it would be disastrous for Ukraine.

• Like 2

On 20/05/2022 at 12:24, Countryfox said:

23 hours ago, Countryfox said:

My fear now is that the West may start to lessen its support and start to push for a diplomatic solution (as per Macron and an article in the New York press) ...  the only way to do that will be to cede occupied land already taken.  Although Ukraine is not likely to agree to this it would embolden Russia to push harder and try the same tactic elsewhere  ...  (Moldova ?).   We need to increase support with more weaponry specific to the problems the Ukrainians are now facing as Russia learns from its mistakes ...   tighten sanctions further ...   and drive home our advantage whilst we have the chance.   It is one thing stopping the Russians but driving them back in the south and East will be extremely difficult.  Such a pivotal time ...   :unsure:

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 11.41.17.png