Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

They’ve now lost more than a King Power Stadium’s worth of troops. 

I think an easy 30% can be knocked off those figures, as clearly the report is slanted towards Ukraine....even so, 20k deaths, prob the same injured and then prisoners on top of that....it's gonna sting with the Russian soldier mum's at some point, as it did in Afghanistan 

I'm guessing Ukraine must've lost similar  numbers. Tho, of course, the motive for dying for those are different to conscripted boys from Russian cities 

2 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Putin monologue on the financial situation.

Think this thing will be long and drawn out. Probably hit us just as much as them? 

if Europe can get to the stage it doesn’t rely on Russian gas and oil then the war will be over and over on Ukraine’s terms.

Russia will have no financial ability to afford the war or resist the sanctions.

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

if Europe can get to the stage it doesn’t rely on Russian gas and oil then the war will be over and over on Ukraine’s terms.

Russia will have no financial ability to afford the war or resist the sanctions.

Hope so. 

Do you think China will subsidise them in that case though?

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Hope so. 

Do you think China will subsidise them in that case though?

personally I think it suits China very well for Russia to weaken itself beyond repair and become its lapdog. And yes, it will have access to all Russia can sell at a reduction of the price it can sell to Europe.

• Like 3

Russia has gotten more vocal over the last few days, what with that awful BBC interview and Putin's speech. 

That, to me, suggests that something has changed in the Kremlin. If they're openly calling the sanctions awful, it would seem they're having an effect. Brave Russia would have laughed them off. 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 15:25, MPH said:

personally I think it suits China very well for Russia to weaken itself beyond repair and become its lapdog. And yes, it will have access to all Russia can sell at a reduction of the price it can sell to Europe.

Ukraine war: Russia becomes China's biggest oil supplier https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61861849

“Russia has become China's biggest supplier of oil as the country sold discounted crude to Beijing amid sanctions over the Ukraine war.”

On 20/06/2022 at 18:26, MPH said:

Ukraine war: Russia becomes China's biggest oil supplier https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61861849

“Russia has become China's biggest supplier of oil as the country sold discounted crude to Beijing amid sanctions over the Ukraine war.”

26 minutes ago, Shane said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-ally-london-bomb-world-war-3-b2108980.html?amp

Vladimir Putin ally warns London ‘will be bombed first’ if World War 3 breaks out

If the west now that Trumps gone can sort out issues with Iran, then Iran has I believe the largest oil reserves in the world, the oil problem could disappear very quickly and Russia stuffed

1 hour ago, Shane said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-ally-london-bomb-world-war-3-b2108980.html?amp

Vladimir Putin ally warns London ‘will be bombed first’ if World War 3 breaks out

“it’s clear the threat to the world comes from the Anglo-Saxons”. Have they not seen Bo Jo?!

errrr….think that might be Russia. Invading a country, developing and threatening nuclear war on everyone, threatening every country with consequences to any action and then claiming others are a threat to the world, withholding essential food supplies to the countries that need it. Yeah, that’s definitely not a threat to the world!! 

Russian arrogance and barefaced denial is unbelievable. Also noticed that when Russia says “a threat to the world” they really mean a threat to Russia. 

im not saying we’re perfect and innocent, we’re not at all and we have flaws, but not a threat to the world. 

Humans are flawed, why can’t we all agree one the most important thing. The world is our home and we must get along to protect. This war has no winners. The west aren’t winning,Russia isn’t winning and poor Ukrainians! The world is suffering already and needs to stop. 

Edited by fox_favourite
Added to my rant
  • Like 2

On 25/06/2022 at 20:11, fox_favourite said:

“it’s clear the threat to the world comes from the Anglo-Saxons”. Have they not seen Bo Jo?!

errrr….think that might be Russia. Invading a country, developing and threatening nuclear war on everyone, threatening every country with consequences to any action and then claiming others are a threat to the world, withholding essential food supplies to the countries that need it. Yeah, that’s definitely not a threat to the world!! 

Russian arrogance and barefaced denial is unbelievable. Also noticed that when Russia says “a threat to the world” they really mean a threat to Russia. 

im not saying we’re perfect and innocent, we’re not at all and we have flaws, but not a threat to the world. 

Humans are flawed, why can’t we all agree one the most important thing. The world is our home and we must get along to protect. This war has no winners. The west aren’t winning,Russia isn’t winning and poor Ukrainians! The world is suffering already and needs to stop. 

They always talk about themselves as if they are the masterminds, but deep down that comes from a place of insecurity. How would Moscow fare in this imagined scenario? 

Scare tactics, however If risking our own destruction is the price to support Ukraine, so be it. As Dan Carlin says, today's generation was born with a gun to our heads, it's just been there so long we forget about it.

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

On 17/06/2022 at 09:01, yorkie1999 said:

Drones are the future, a million drones and kids sat at home flying them and dropping bombs on the enemy. I was reading that since 2014, some Ukraine IT company had developed a small cheap, $20,000,  drone capable of dropping two 2.5kg bombs that can destroy a tank, they can fly for 4 hours and have thermal imaging so they can spot the enemy at night, compare that with a $1.5 million military drone that can does the same job.

Which drone are you talking about there @yorkie1999

The ‘drones’ that are used by most Western militaries are essentially long range unmanned bomber aircraft, capable of firing missiles.

Operators are qualified pilots and have years of training to discriminate between targets.

Kids aren’t trusted to walk around the house with a sharp knife, never mind drop 2.5kg of explosives from an unproven flying piece of plastic. 

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

The ‘drones’ that are used by most Western militaries are essentially long range unmanned bomber aircraft, capable of firing missiles.

Operators are qualified pilots and have years of training to discriminate between targets.

Kids aren’t trusted to walk around the house with a sharp knife, never mind drop 2.5kg of explosives from an unproven flying piece of plastic. 

https://mezha.media/en/2022/04/26/r18-octocopter-from-aerorozvidka-ukrainian-drone-destroying-the-enemy/

With the right coms , your grandma could fly one from her back garden

Edited by yorkie1999

20 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Putin is upping the ante.

This,

Isn't helped by reports of some European states losing interest in the conflict!

I think he feels he can now chance his arm more and more.

People will lose interest, people in the UK see fuel and energy prices rocketing, a cost of living crisis etc with Boris claiming this is partly due to the war in Ukraine. It stands to reason that people will start to question the actual point of us continuing to supply weapons that basically prolong the war.

6 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

We've got a drone donated to our charity shop. On sale for £19.99 if anyone fancies a bombing mission 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

https://mezha.media/en/2022/04/26/r18-octocopter-from-aerorozvidka-ukrainian-drone-destroying-the-enemy/

With the right coms , your grandma could fly one from her back garden

To Ukraine? I can see where you’re going with this (slightly). Although I’m not sure what your point is, because it cannot be a serious one surely. Do you have any idea the gravity dropping a bomb has? (no pun intended).

Many of the people trained to acquire a target, confirm it’s a hostile threat and lock onto it aren’t authorised to ‘press the button’.

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

We've got a drone donated to our charity shop. On sale for £19.99 if anyone fancies a bombing mission 

They will change crime beyond recognition. No end of days SCI FI book or film has explored the chaos they will bring to all of us.

Worth more than 20 quid, hang a painted plastic bottle and it could turn an extortion profit of thousands with one fly by............ 

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

“ expanding NATO is destabilizing “ says Putin.

you muppet. What about invading a country? Bombing  residential areas, and targeting civilians, shopping centers and constantly talking about nuclear weapons?

the hypocrisy makes my blood boil. It really does.

I was thinking the same.  

The reason for Finland and Sweden wanting to join - Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. 

The reason for extending the number of NATO troops on the borders - Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, constant threat of going nuclear and threatening other countries from Russia. 

I just don’t understand. Before it, we had hardly any NATO troops on the east side as there wasn’t a threat. Now there is, so you prepare for the worse hope for the best. 

Why can’t Russia see this?! They are the cause. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I was thinking the same.  

The reason for Finland and Sweden wanting to join - Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. 

The reason for extending the number of NATO troops on the borders - Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, constant threat of going nuclear and threatening other countries from Russia. 

I just don’t understand. Before it, we had hardly any NATO troops on the east side as there wasn’t a threat. Now there is, so you prepare for the worse hope for the best. 

Why can’t Russia see this?! They are the cause. 

i think you'll find that the russians and chinese don't see it like you do

NATO exercises in ukraine and finland were seen as provocative. ukraine wanting to join NATO was seen as unacceptable. you may believe that its certain the west had no intention of any type of regime change in russia.   but if you're a russian who looks back at the soviet era with affection, then you may think differently. 

its fairly easy for the russian and chinese govts to play this as western aggression and russia protecting their interests.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

i think you'll find that the russians and chinese don't see it like you do

NATO exercises in ukraine and finland were seen as provocative. ukraine wanting to join NATO was seen as unacceptable. you may believe that its certain the west had no intention of any type of regime change in russia.   but if you're a russian who looks back at the soviet era with affection, then you may think differently. 

its fairly easy for the russian and chinese govts to play this as western aggression and russia protecting their interests.

To be fair, I had forgotten about the NATO exercises in Ukraine, wasn’t the best idea. And I get your point. I’m not saying NATO is completely blameless. 

But even so - that doesn’t make what their doing now right. Nor gives them the right to threaten the whole existence of the planet.

Also find it odd that they seem fixated with us (the UK, not the lack of transfers to our club). Might be just the way our media is spinning it, or just picking up quotes associated with the UK, but they seem to threaten us more than anyone else. Truss doesn’t help with her language at times. 

Edited by fox_favourite