Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Could be loosely ukraine related - lots of tumours that Xi hasn’t been seen since he returned from the regional conference last week 

there were some strange things happening with china’s air and rail services yesterday with lots of cancellations 

not long till the party conference that confers another unprecedented term for him - if there are elements of the party that want to stop this happening then they don’t have long to act …..

Might be due to me being tired, but fully with you? What do you mean?

sorry if its obvious 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There are rumours are that xi has been placed under house arrest 

Oohhh. If true, that could impact a lot of things. It’ll be a big worry if the army are involved, though. This would surely impact Russia as well. 

sorry, I didn’t know that rumour. 

Edited by fox_favourite

If Xi is about to be toppled, I’d imagine it would be primarily due to his belligerent Covid policy rather than international relations. He’s got the country caught in an endless cycle of lockdowns and won’t back down on it.

3 minutes ago, Dunge said:

If Xi is about to be toppled, I’d imagine it would be primarily due to his belligerent Covid policy rather than international relations. He’s got the country caught in an endless cycle of lockdowns and won’t back down on it.

Exactly. Anyone hoping this is the wonderful Chinese Revolution that will see a democratic republic magically put in place are kidding themselves. If he’s toppled, the outcome will be slightly better, the same or considerably worse 

17 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Once he’s got his third term, he will change the zero covid policy 

Hong Kong have just announced that they are ending compulsory hotel quarantine 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Good grief.

Imagine regime change in both China and Russia within months of each other. I'm not entirely sure what I would make of that, it could be good but it could equally be horrible.

Add Iran to the list and a new right wing Italy … interesting times ahead. If putin doesn’t get trigger happy. 

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Unfortunately the opposite had already been made clear

I know. One hopes they’ve seen the mess Russia have made and thought nah… not worth it. Or likely they are watching, learning and implementing the lessons. The states won’t back down over Taiwan either. Who gives?