Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

53 minutes ago, turlo said:

see the video on the top left and there's a small wake under the bridge just before the explosion - first few seconds of the video

Looks more like the truck to me ...  in which case either something hit it (drone maybe) or it was a suicide bomb ..  

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Looks more like the truck to me ...  in which case either something hit it (drone maybe) or it was a suicide bomb ..  

Looks like it comes from under the bridge to the right to me.

Edited by yorkie1999

On 08/10/2022 at 12:58, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just been reading that one of the things supposedly protecting the bridge was 'military dolphins'.

No sardines for you lads, you've proper let everyone down

They just weren't fit for porpoise.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Genuine question. What do people reckon Putin will action in response for the bridge attack? I see a national security council meeting has been called by the Russians.

He’ll probably write an open letter. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, westernpark said:

Genuine question. What do people reckon Putin will action in response for the bridge attack? I see a national security council meeting has been called by the Russians.

14 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Not sure how many but sounds like Kyiv has been struck by a few missiles this morning. 

There's your answer

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

40 miles is a fairly large miscalculation! 

I'm no expert in missile tech but if they use satellites, Russians rely on their own GLONASS system.

I'm pretty sure it's easy to jam the system over areas - I'm sure I read the Russian pilots didn't know where they were half the time early on in the war and ended up relying on some pretty primitive tech. 

I'm sure there's fail safes and other navigation systems. All it takes is one missile fly on a few minutes extra and it's WW3!

34 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'm no expert in missile tech but if they use satellites, Russians rely on their own GLONASS system.

I'm pretty sure it's easy to jam the system over areas - I'm sure I read the Russian pilots didn't know where they were half the time early on in the war and ended up relying on some pretty primitive tech. 

I'm sure there's fail safes and other navigation systems. All it takes is one missile fly on a few minutes extra and it's WW3!

In case anyone else is worrying, a stray missile landing in a nato country will not spark WWIII

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

A conventional ground campaign to re-take Crimea could genuinely be quite straightforward to Ukraine if they have the resources. Russia cannot re-supply by air or sea given the fact they STILL (lol) haven't got air superiority and the flagship of their fleet in the region is now crewed by the cast of finding Nemo. 

Not sure even Putin would be mad enough to Nuke a region he's been calling Russian for the best part of a decade. 

17 hours ago, westernpark said:

Probably fire off some 40 year old missiles into Ukraine because that's pretty much the extent of his options.