Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

On 24/10/2022 at 21:42, Iran said:

Strong hard disagree with this. The Iran players deserve to be there. We can’t shut down everybody that we have geopolitical disagreements with. I’d call anyone who agrees with this illiberal liberals. 

And if we’re playing these games then the Saudi’s, Americans and even the English probably shouldn’t be there either. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

So Russia is blaming us for the Nord stream explosion. Can’t see why we would, what would we gain from it? Russia throwing accusations all over the place. 

:blink: Joe Biden said very clearly (for a change) if Russia invades Ukraine we will bring an end to Nord stream 2.You must have seen the press conference?Well they’ve only gone and done it shock.Or at least assisted.
The lack of media outrage is another give away.and of course being far more reliant on LNG imports from the States is reason no 3 Which is fine if you’re prepared to pay over the odds for the stuff.Or we/the EU upset the present or future White House occupant.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

:blink: Joe Biden said very clearly (for a change) if Russia invades Ukraine we will bring an end to Nord stream 2.You must have seen the press conference?Well they’ve only gone and done it shock.Or at least assisted.
The lack of media outrage is another give away.and of course being far more reliant on LNG imports from the States is reason no 3 Which is fine if you’re prepared to pay over the odds for the stuff.Or we/the EU upset the present or future White House occupant.

The project of Nord stream 2 Never got off the ground and was closed down/ halted by the Germans months ago if I’m  not mistaken? The original Nord  stream pipeline is what’s had the explosions, I thought..

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

The project of Nord stream 2 Never got off the ground and was closed down/ halted by the Germans months ago if I’m  not mistaken? The original Nord  stream pipeline is what’s had the explosions, I thought..

I think it was days away from entering service.Scholz canceled it as one of the first retaliation actions after it all kicked off.You might remember that he got a lot of credit for it as it meant taking one for the team..It’s claimed that both pipelines have taken damage.

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I think it was days away from entering service.Scholz canceled it as one of the first retaliation actions after it all kicked off.You might remember that he got a lot of credit for it as it meant taking one for the team..It’s claimed that both pipelines have taken damage.

To be honest, no I hadn’t until you mentioned it, I googled it. There have been times where I’ve blanked news on it as it’s hard to digest it all. So you think we could have under US direction? To be honest when it happened, I didn’t think it was Russia either. But just didn’t see a motive for us to do it. 

I just wish that every leader around the world could sit in one room and someone to ask - what’s wrong with you and bang their heads together. We are one planet with the general population anywhere wanting to just get on with our lives and definitely don’t want to any nuclear war or any war. Russia, China, North Korea, US and to some extent Europe throwing their weight around. Who wins in the destruction of te world, in world war 3. Everyone loses. Everyone suffers. The war in Ukraine. No one is winning. Russia aren’t. I wouldn’t say Ukraine are, nor any other country. 

I know it’s too simplistic, and a lot of factors are involved. But this year has been unbelievable in terms of events. I want a future for my kids. A stable one that I have fairly enjoyed in my life time.

All this shows how flawed the human race is  

Edited by fox_favourite

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

To be honest, no I hadn’t until you mentioned it, I googled it. There have been times where I’ve blanked news on it as it’s hard to digest it all. So you think we could have under US direction? To be honest when it happened, I didn’t think it was Russia either. But just didn’t see a motive for us to do it. 

I just wish that every leader around the world could sit in one room and someone to ask - what’s wrong with you and bang their heads together. We are one planet with the general population anywhere wanting to just get on with our lives and definitely don’t want to any nuclear war or any war. Russia, China, North Korea, US and to some extent Europe throwing their weight around. Who wins in the destruction of te world, in world war 3. Everyone loses. Everyone suffers. The war in Ukraine. No one is winning. Russia aren’t. I wouldn’t say Ukraine are, nor any other country. 

I know it’s too simplistic, and a lot of factors are involved. But this year has been unbelievable in terms of events. I want a future for my kids. A stable one that I have fairly enjoyed in my life time.

All this shows how flawed the human race is  

Repeated for emphasis.

Nationalist realpolitik - pointless, puerile and indicative of a species not much more evolved than the animals they believe themselves superior to.

Edit: And the only species thus far actually aware of the rules of evolution and so are able to subvert them for their own gain but seemingly choose not to do so. How stupid is that?

Edited by leicsmac

Cancelling the Nord Stream 2 project last minute was the first acid test of Germanys resolve.They definitely did get credit.

The media coverage for such a development has been majorly sus.It went from barely headline news to item no 5 in double quick time.This very thread is a good yard stick.It hardly got mentioned.It’s hard to make hay out an event when that idiot answer’s a question  in such an open ended way.On camera 

So Europe hasn’t swopped it’s energy needs from one volatile source to another.Ok then.

We’re doing a fine job of depriving ourselves and others of resources like food and energy on our own.

24 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Cancelling the Nord Stream 2 project last minute was the first acid test of Germanys resolve.They definitely did get credit.

The media coverage for such a development has been majorly sus.It went from barely headline news to item no 5 in double quick time.This very thread is a good yard stick.It hardly got mentioned.It’s hard to make hay out an event when that idiot answer’s a question  in such an open ended way.On camera 

So Europe hasn’t swopped it’s energy needs from one volatile source to another.Ok then.

We’re doing a fine job of depriving ourselves and others of resources like food and energy on our own.

it makes no sense for Europe to jeopardize their own energy supplies and leave them even more vulnerable to an energy crisis leading to possibly soaring higher prices and  raging inflation. Biden knows this and he knows how that would effect his own economy.

the only person that would benefit is Putin as he’d then be able to charge even more for the oil and fuel they sell to keep their war machine going..

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

No one is suggesting that they didn't. It was cancelled in response to Russia's illegal invasion of Ukraine.

The media coverage for such a development has been majorly sus.It went from barely headline news to item no 5 in double quick time.

I'm sorry, I often find it hard to understand what you type. 

There was immediate media coverage across the world the instant that pressure in the lines was reported as dropping and this dominated western media once it became apparent that sabotage had occurred.

This very thread is a good yard stick.It hardly got mentioned.

This is a football forum. What on earth are you talking about? This thread isn't a 'yardstick' for the content of international media or editorial priorities and to suggest that it was supressed in the media is frankly absurd and patently untrue. Particularly ironic given the control exerted upon state media and inhibition of the free press in Russia. Contrary to your claims, no evidence has emerged yet in respect of culpability and despite the fact that as I said, this bears all the hallmarks of hybrid warfare that Putin favours, although the likely culprit, this is nonetheless speculative. 

Unlike however, the atrocities and war crimes committed in Bucha which plenty commented on but you yourself chose to remain silent. 

Not voluntarily - it has been forced to respond. Southern Europe can receive Azeri gas via the Trans Adriatic Pipeline to Italy and the Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) through Turkey. Europe's LNG terminals have some capacity for extra imports, but this is limited now (particularly in the UK) so LNG does not comprise as much as a supplement as you seem to suppose. The United States has said it can supply 15 bcm of liquefied natural gas (LNG) to the European Union this year. Crucially, Norway, Europe's second biggest gas supplier behind Russia, has been raising production to help the European Union towards its target of ending reliance on Russian fossil fuels by 2027. The Netherlands have said its Groningen field could be called upon to help neighbouring countries in the event of a complete cut-off in Russian supply.

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Again, what on earth are you talking about? This is a global issue. Supply chain problems were prominent during the COVID-19 lockdown amid a “perfect storm” of causes, including shifts in demand, labor shortages and structural factors. The Russia-Ukraine conflict and COVID-19 lockdowns in China have recently exacerbated these problems affecting supply in certain sectors including consumer goods, metals, food, chemicals and commodities. Congestion issues and major backlogs across major supply chain hubs existed before Russia invaded Ukraine - as did the energy crunch. This was the prefect time for the Kremlin to act - and of course they will continue to destabilise and frustrate the markets. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MPH said:

Fascinating development if true…

12 hours ago, Flamey said:

It certainly appears to be true, using Amyntor (bulk carrier) as an example.

Screenshot_20221101-070700_Chrome.jpg

It's this, isn't it?

The United Nations, Turkey and Ukraine reached an agreement on Sunday to unblock 16 grain ships in Turkish waters on Monday, a day after Russia announced the suspension of its participation in the agreement on grain exports from Ukrainian Black Sea ports.

So again, Russia have reneged on a deal. But I imagine they wouldn't consider an attack on these ships. 

In fact Erdogan could become a key player in this.

Another worrying factor is this:

Russia has suspended its participation in the inspection of cargo ships carrying Ukrainian grain, the Joint Coordination Centre, the body overseeing the deal, said late Sunday.

By suspending inspections, the Russians could claim those ships were carrying weapons in order to justify an attack.

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

It's this, isn't it?

The United Nations, Turkey and Ukraine reached an agreement on Sunday to unblock 16 grain ships in Turkish waters on Monday, a day after Russia announced the suspension of its participation in the agreement on grain exports from Ukrainian Black Sea ports.

So again, Russia have reneged on a deal. But I imagine they wouldn't consider an attack on these ships. 

In fact Erdogan could become a key player in this.

Another worrying factor is this:

Russia has suspended its participation in the inspection of cargo ships carrying Ukrainian grain, the Joint Coordination Centre, the body overseeing the deal, said late Sunday.

By suspending inspections, the Russians could claim those ships were carrying weapons in order to justify an attack.

it’s a very fascinating development and I would imagine Erdogen is profiting in some way from all this as it’s potentially a massive slap in the face for Putin. I’d be extremely surprised if Putin wants to risk confrontation with Erdogen as Turkey has the ability to absolutely wipe out the whole of the Russian Black Sea fleet…

Russian U-turn allows grain deal to resume https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63483133

definite case of saving face here by Russia. By “ allowing “ it to take place they believe they are reasserting their control over the situation for it to happen without their explicit permission they  appear very weakened  and it’s frankly embarrassing for them..