Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

10 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Did Zelensky actually say it was a Russian missile?

This incident was a direct result of Russian escalating things, even if it was an air defence missile. Missiles only landed in neighbouring countries because Russia is indiscriminately bombing large swathes of Ukraine.

The inference would be obvious - if it wasn't Russian, it would have to be Ukrainian, and there's no way he could say that.

Agreed that Russia launching their missiles is the reason the thing ended up in Poland in the first place, but sticking to the known facts rather than rhetoric would help everyone.

9 minutes ago, Captain... said:

This incident was a direct result of Russian escalating things, even if it was an air defence missile. Missiles only landed in neighbouring countries because Russia is indiscriminately bombing large swathes of Ukraine.

100%.

Even if it was stray and zelensky blamed russia ultimately it is because of russias war against ukraine that this happened. I am guessing ukraine will feel terrible about it if it was them. Not an easy thing to have to admit.

Either way russia should not get  a free pass here. They knew ukraine would fightback and shouldn't be striking cities or areas so close to other countries. They know exactly what they are doing.

34 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Yes he did, not only that but the Ukrainian foreign minister said that anyone saying otherwise was peddling ‘Kremlin conspiracy theories’. 

It is of course Russia’s fault in the first place but insinuating what they did is playing a very very dangerous game. 

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Yes he did, not only that but the Ukrainian foreign minister said that anyone saying otherwise was peddling ‘Kremlin conspiracy theories’. 

It is of course Russia’s fault in the first place but insinuating what they did is playing a very very dangerous game. 

From the very start of this, Russia and Ukraine have at times been reliant on cool heads in NATO, and specifically the White House. For Ukraine it’s inconvenient but understandable given that they’re fighting for their very survival. Russia should not feel proud about it, and I get the impression China don’t think much of them for it either.

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

interesting take on it. But this was done this morning before investigations. 

But im impressed with the cool heads at NATO and Poland - this could have gone a lot worse. 

As I said previously, intentional or accident, this as an event was not going to cause WW3. NATO will only enter the conflict when the need for doing so outweighs the need for not doing that. That would pretty much only be the case if there was a sustained, strategic invasion by Russia on a NATO country, which simply won’t happen for a whole myriad of reasons (or else Putin would’ve done it by now). The hysteria of social media and the wider media has been embarrassing and outright dangerous. 

46 minutes ago, Lionator said:

As I said previously, intentional or accident, this as an event was not going to cause WW3. NATO will only enter the conflict when the need for doing so outweighs the need for not doing that. That would pretty much only be the case if there was a sustained, strategic invasion by Russia on a NATO country, which simply won’t happen for a whole myriad of reasons (or else Putin would’ve done it by now). The hysteria of social media and the wider media has been embarrassing and outright dangerous. 

NATO won't be mobilised over a single missile into a farm. Just because Biden has said it's not Russian I wouldn't believe that as much as I wouldn't believe Putin.

I doubt the USA is that clear on the facts as yet and I doubt the public will ever be told what really happened.

40 minutes ago, kenny said:

NATO won't be mobilised over a single missile into a farm. Just because Biden has said it's not Russian I wouldn't believe that as much as I wouldn't believe Putin.

I doubt the USA is that clear on the facts as yet and I doubt the public will ever be told what really happened.

I don’t see why Biden would lie about what happened. There’s literally no reason for it. 

This could be a catalyst for Zelensky and Putin to return to the negotiating table? The Ukrainian may upset a few if he continues against the official narrative. He spoke about the prospect of negotiations earlier and was far less dismissive than previously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenny said:

Because if it was fired by Russia he has no interest in escalation.

It was pretty obvious even from the Russian reaction that it wasn’t them when you compare it to other things which they ‘denied’ in the past. 

So many people look for conspiracy when the truth is also the most obvious. 

33 minutes ago, Lionator said:

It was pretty obvious even from the Russian reaction that it wasn’t them when you compare it to other things which they ‘denied’ in the past. 

So many people look for conspiracy when the truth is also the most obvious. 

I don't know who fired it.

I'm not sure there is a conspiracy.

The game of propaganda is being played by all parties to their own ends including the USA.

7 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

If it had been the Russians it would have been a terrible shot, imagine missing a whole country, a big one as well.

Imagine trying to shoot down a missile coming from northeast and hitting a farm west of where you’re shooting from 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Did anyone see the sledge hammer that the head of the Wagner group (I think) sent the EU parliament? Just sickening.

Worlds gone completely mad. 2022 is definitely a close and don’t save changes year. 

Tbh I think the entire time period from our Prem win onward broke something fundamental in the human space time continuum.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Did anyone see the sledge hammer that the head of the Wagner group (I think) sent the EU parliament? Just sickening.

Worlds gone completely mad. 2022 is definitely a close and don’t save changes year. 

I hadn't seen that, just read about it now.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/24/vladimir-putins-crony-and-wagner-boss-sends-bloodied-sledgehammer-to-eu-17820439/

It feels like this world is seriously messed up at the minute.

4 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I hadn't seen that, just read about it now.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/24/vladimir-putins-crony-and-wagner-boss-sends-bloodied-sledgehammer-to-eu-17820439/

It feels like this world is seriously messed up at the minute.

What was the old saying...

"Civilisation is only three missed meals from barbarism"?

Just goes to show how important progressing as a species, and taming the inner ape as a result, is.

15 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Quite disgusting how they are destroying Ukraine’s energy infrastructure. Complete vandalism in a war with no purpose other than Putin’s ego, a gangster state.

and yet they originally claimed that they wanted to de-nazify Ukraine.