Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Just been watching a video on YouTube by a polish channel called TVP. It a Polish public broadcasting channel who claimed that the Iranian personnel sent from the suicide drone company to train the Russians on how to use the suicide drones have been eliminated in a covert operation by Ukrainian forces in Crimea. That’s massive if true…

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 16:11, MPH said:

and yet they originally claimed that they wanted to de-nazify Ukraine. 

It is easy to forget that this ‘war’ started in 2014 with the Ukraine shelling the pro Russian Ukraine groups in the south eastern regions. With the benefit of hindsight it would have been a better solution if the UN was sent in years ago to resolve the issues. Something that they have been doing successfully in other countries around the world

So you probably all heard about the so called meeting Putin had with the wives of dead Russian soldiers.   Where he explained he shared their pain, Now I’m very aware  that propaganda is a powerful tool used in war and is used by both sides.  However lots of rumours that the meeting was all faked  and the attendees were employees  of the Russian regime and staunch pro-Russian hand picked women. Fair enough you might say but here is a photo of a mother holding a photo of her son at the meeting. However this guy died in 2019 and the exact same photo is on the right and  you can see his date of death as listed  as being in 2019..

8712FC05-75CC-40DB-A38B-A56AE3B3A7BF.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

So you probably all heard about the so called meeting Putin had with the wives of dead Russian soldiers.   Where he explained he shared their pain, Now I’m very aware  that propaganda is a powerful tool used in war and is used by both sides.  However lots of rumours that the meeting was all faked  and the attendees were employees  of the Russian regime and staunch pro-Russian hand picked women. Fair enough you might say but here is a photo of a mother holding a photo of her son at the meeting. However this guy died in 2019 and the exact same photo is on the right and  you can see his date of death as listed  as being in 2019..

Wouldn’t be surprised if true. It all seemed too convenient. I mean, to meet the president, they definitely would have been hand picked them anyway, would have happened in most places. Wouldn’t want a woman attacking the president verbally too much. But to fake it is quite believable. 

Some things even we are fed is definitely propaganda, it’s just trying to see the teuth through the trees. 

Like the missile that hit Poland. I’m not 100% convinced that it was Ukrainian. I think it wasn’t intentional, they just came to the conclusion too quickly and moved on. Happy to go with it though, no one wants an all out war!!

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Contender for the Worlds Greatest Own Goal?

Russia has achieved in under a year, what NATO was unable to achieve in 50 years

• Closing of the Baltic Sea to Russian ships
  • Opening an 800 mile land border with Russia, right on the doorstep of their Nuclear stockyard
  • Providing access to an extremely significant airforce and associated technology

Welcome Sweden and Finland

On 28/11/2022 at 02:40, MPH said:

Ooh those Russians all look alike you know

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Some interesting stories going around about the deterioration of Putin’s health. Difficult not to get excited :D

Personally I don’t believe any of them. Yes he’s aged and the chair gripping thing is a bit weird but he looks healthy to me.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Some interesting stories going around about the deterioration of Putin’s health. Difficult not to get excited :D

It’s what MAY come after that worries me, it’s no secret that there’s warmongers and ultra hardline nationalists waiting in the wings. Tbh though I think whatever may come we could be seeing the last of the Russian Federation … what worries me is what becomes of all those nukes and other military hardware as in the fall of the USSR. Whatever comes glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦 

We do seem to be sort of, ever so slowly, inching towards talks. Though my worry is Russia will put so many "red lines" in that it's pointless. I saw they won't come to the table unless everyone respects that they took land. 

Are they just trying to be chancers and underestimating everyone's resolve?

59 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

We do seem to be sort of, ever so slowly, inching towards talks. Though my worry is Russia will put so many "red lines" in that it's pointless. I saw they won't come to the table unless everyone respects that they took land. 

They want their victory and in Putins eyes that is their land now. No one will recognise it. Well, bar North Korea and that says it all. 

It just can’t be accepted, which I can’t see ending well. 

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Personally I don’t believe any of them. Yes he’s aged and the chair gripping thing is a bit weird but he looks healthy to me.

More stories coming out since then but limited stories so it’s hard to say they are definitive events..

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Russia has made it clear that there will be no talks before the west recognizes the so called ‘ break away’ regions.. also Ukraine has made it clear they’ll accept nothing less than every Russian troop leaving every inch of their land.. so, sadly, it seems all wishful thinking  that there will be talks any time soon

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

There was that US government leak a couple of months back where they said Putin would concede Kherson and Zapor’ including the ZNPP, fortify the Donbass with Crimea basically being a non starter for Ukraine. That would lead to a frozen conflict where eventually both sides would come to the table. 

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Russia has made it clear that there will be no talks before the west recognizes the so called ‘ break away’ regions.. also Ukraine has made it clear they’ll accept nothing less than every Russian troop leaving every inch of their land.. so, sadly, it seems all wishful thinking  that there will be talks any time soon

Prepared to be mocked for this suggestion, but could Ukraine perhaps be persuaded to consider 'selling' Crimea rather than demanding its return? 

Didn't the Russians sell Alaska to the US years ago? The British lease Hong Kong? ...so there are precedents there...

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Prepared to be mocked for this suggestion, but could Ukraine perhaps be persuaded to consider 'selling' Crimea rather than demanding its return? 

Didn't the Russians sell Alaska to the US years ago? The British lease Hong Kong? ...so there are precedents there...

Not in the face of occupation by force you would imagine

35 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

There’s a lot of History about Crimea.. back in the 1940’s a large group of people who were Muslim  tartas were removed  from the land by the Russians for siding with Germany during the 2nd world war.  They are staunchly patriotic  to The Ukranian identity and it’s been  a problem ever since. Coupled with a few skullduggery tactics like where Russia were paying Russian citizens to move there pre- annexation of 2014 and Russia throwing Russian passports around like an Oprah Winfrey game show . Crimea is a very strategic port  area too and is a great trade route into the Black Sea and beyond so it’s just too far into the shenanigans for an amicable sale, I think, let alone the strategic importance to Ukraine and of course, Russia,

Edited by MPH
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, marbles said:

Russia's defense ministry said it had launched the strikes "despite the attempts of the Kyiv regime to disrupt the combat work of Russian Long-Range Aviation with a terrorist act."

FFS. 

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Russia's defense ministry said it had launched the strikes "despite the attempts of the Kyiv regime to disrupt the combat work of Russian Long-Range Aviation with a terrorist act."

FFS. 

you just can’t make it up can you?  I can’t even explain the disdain I have for the Russian regime..

• Like 1

Vladimir Putin has said the threat of a nuclear war was rising, but insisted Russia had not "gone mad" and would not use its nuclear weapons first.The Russian president insisted that his country would only use weapons of mass destruction in response to an attack. 

sounds like a message to  NATO reassuring them and trying to get them to back off 

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Vladimir Putin has said the threat of a nuclear war was rising, but insisted Russia had not "gone mad" and would not use its nuclear weapons first.The Russian president insisted that his country would only use weapons of mass destruction in response to an attack. 

sounds like a message to  NATO reassuring them and trying to get them to back off 

Of course, it could be a case of "that liar lies", but what the guy says here is pretty much what Russian policy on nuclear weapons use has said all along.

• Like 1