Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

8 hours ago, MPH said:

Vladimir Putin has said the threat of a nuclear war was rising, but insisted Russia had not "gone mad" and would not use its nuclear weapons first.The Russian president insisted that his country would only use weapons of mass destruction in response to an attack. 

sounds like a message to  NATO reassuring them and trying to get them to back off 

Most likely it’s so when there is a small nuke detonated in an isolated region of Russia, he can say “I warned everyone” as he pushes the button.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, marbles said:

Most likely it’s so when there is a small nuke detonated in an isolated region of Russia, he can say “I warned everyone” as he pushes the button.

Exactly, which is why the bolded cannot be considered as a course of action in any way whatsoever.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't know why Zelenski doesn't just offer russian troops 50 grand to either switch sides or surrender. 300,000 troops = 15 billion dollars, Western countries would save a fortune.

Western countries would rather have a Russia stripped of its core army.

Also, your tactic would lead to disaster.  

Just had one of the Ukrainians I support English with in the pub. I'm never moaning about anything again. He got his family out cause he has medical issues that meant he couldn't fight and they were sharing a house with another family, chopping firewood to keep warm, then they just drove to the UK. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ukraine bombed a Russian air force base last night which is wild.

Kuebla is also talking about a peace summit with the UN secretary general mediating in late February which is the first time Ukraine seem to have seriously discussed this. I could at the very least see an armistice. 

35 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Ukraine bombed a Russian air force base last night which is wild.

Kuebla is also talking about a peace summit with the UN secretary general mediating in late February which is the first time Ukraine seem to have seriously discussed this. I could at the very least see an armistice. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11573163/Russian-leader-tells-state-TV-prepared-negotiate-end-Ukraine-war.html

• Vladimir Putin claims he's 'prepared to negotiate acceptable solutions' over war
  • Russian president made comments despite relentless bombardment of Ukraine 
  • Comes after criticism today from ex-Russian commander about military losses
  • Igor Girkin is a staunch Russian nationalist but has attacked leaders' war tactics

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Russian sausage tycoon Pavel Antov dies in Indian hotel fall https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64101437

yet another Russian tycoon falls to his death. Two days after his friend did too at the same hotel..

What do they mke windows out of these days.

Getting an indian cop or politician on your side is very easy with £. Poutine having a laugh with these window fallings.

Hopefully he accidentally falls through one soon.

Edited by Jattdogg

On 27/12/2022 at 13:15, MPH said:

Russian sausage tycoon Pavel Antov dies in Indian hotel fall https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64101437

yet another Russian tycoon falls to his death. Two days after his friend did too at the same hotel..

On a Youtube channel I watch, there was a video about some scientist in the States that fell to his death from an hotel window, it pointed out that falling from a window was an ideal assassination murder, no weapon and hard to prove.

Found it.....

Edited by ithuriel

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

On a Youtube channel I watch, there was a video about some scientist in the States that fell to his death from an hotel window, it pointed out that falling from a window was an ideal assassination murder, no weapon and hard to prove.

Found it.....

I am the last person to subscribe to popular conspiracy theories which I regard as yet another scourge on contemporary society. However, although unproven and equivocal, the overwhelming consilience of evidence does indicate that the CIA were responsible for the Olsen's death. It's a shame that you used such a channel of such questionable content to present this to those that may not be familiar with the circumstances of his death.

If you found this of interest did you manage to see any of 'Wormwood'? 

24 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I am the last person to subscribe to popular conspiracy theories which I regard as yet another scourge on contemporary society. However, although unproven and equivocal, the overwhelming consilience of evidence does indicate that the CIA were responsible for the Olsen's death. It's a shame that you used such a channel of such questionable content to present this to those that may not be familiar with the circumstances of his death.

If you found this of interest did you manage to see any of 'Wormwood'? 

It's a fun channel and the guy does not take things to seriously and often debunks things at the end and yes, I did see that back in the day.

• Like 1

Yeah if you think about it, the Afghan war cost the United stated a trillion dollars  and it’s benefits are debatable.,, So far the Ukraine war has cost the United States less than 30 billion  and it is crippled, embarrassed and humiliated a long time enemy that was starting to ruffle its feathers  and puff its chest out a bit. Has  to be said, the U.S had played a blinder here..

29 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Rumours next week that Putin is going to declare martial law in Russia, general mobilisation and is planning to declare war against NATO in a few months. 

I can see the first two things here, but not the third. Surely he knows how that inevitably ends and there's no way it ends with him getting what he wants?

22 hours ago, MPH said:

Yeah if you think about it, the Afghan war cost the United stated a trillion dollars  and it’s benefits are debatable.,, So far the Ukraine war has cost the United States less than 30 billion  and it is crippled, embarrassed and humiliated a long time enemy that was starting to ruffle its feathers  and puff its chest out a bit. Has  to be said, the U.S had played a blinder here..

Something I've learned with age is that these things tend to go well or badly when you respect reality. The Afghan war didn't respect reality while supporting Ukraine does. (And Putin was guilty of a failure to respect reality himself)

Edited by LiberalFox