Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

Palace have just announced Cinch as new sponsor. Ditching betting for the first time in a long time.

Think there is definitely something going on behind the scenes with the betting ban which explains a few kit delays.

No one in the Prem with a betting sponsor or similar has released a kit yet. Obviously some championship/football league clubs have though.

Whether or not we are linked into that as well because 'trading' remains to be seen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Palace have just announced Cinch as new sponsor. Ditching betting for the first time in a long time.

Think there is definitely something going on behind the scenes with the betting ban which explains a few kit delays.

No one in the Prem with a betting sponsor or similar has released a kit yet. Obviously some championship/football league clubs have though.

Whether or not we are linked into that as well because 'trading' remains to be seen.

I don’t think it’s just the betting ban. The ports and logistics situation where a lot of shirts are manufactured is causing a headache 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Doubt anything will happen yet as it’s not made into law and still needs to be debated. Even then I imagine the government will give clubs 2/3 years to get things in order as it won’t be easy for other clubs to separate from their contracts just like that. Maybe the club have just changed their strategy?

44 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Can we have walkers again? I used to feel like a bad man when I was a kid wondering around with the walkers logo on my shirt. 

Funny you should day that as I got the same feeling with the Topps Tiles logo. Made me at least 20% harder

37 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It does seem odd we finally get a sponsor and it looks like one slapped on a championship club

They're giving us a lot more money than the King Power 'sponsorship' was worth, though.

If we're ending FBS's sponsorship early because it's a trading (gambling in all but name) company, we'll need to find a sponsor that can provide a comparable sum of money.

I don't think we'll have a new sponsor this season but the first indication would be if we start seeing leaks without a sponsor on the shirt.

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

They're giving us a lot more money than the King Power 'sponsorship' was worth, though.

If we're ending FBS's sponsorship early because it's a trading (gambling in all but name) company, we'll need to find a sponsor that can provide a comparable sum of money.

I don't think we'll have a new sponsor this season but the first indication would be if we start seeing leaks without a sponsor on the shirt.

Yeah I get that, it just seems odd to me we didn't attract anyone with a bigger name considering when it was signed we'd been knocking on the champo door for the past two seasons 

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion but I dont see the big deal with betting sponsorships. Its part of sport. Those that want to gamble, will always gamble.  Why do people need to be wrapped in cotton wool so much?

Of course its better to have a product that is good for society but what is? Is walkers bad as it makes kids eat more crisps?  I understand that gambling is a problem for many but they arent hooked because Southampton have spotsbet on their shirt. 

Im not bothered if they ban it btw, I just dont think its as needed as people seem to claim 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Unpopular opinion but I dont see the big deal with betting sponsorships. Its part of sport. Those that want to gamble, will always gamble.  Why do people need to be wrapped in cotton wool so much?

Of course its better to have a product that is good for society but what is? Is walkers bad as it makes kids eat more crisps?  I understand that gambling is a problem for many but they arent hooked because Southampton have spotsbet on their shirt. 

Im not bothered if they ban it btw, I just dont think its as needed as people seem to claim 

Shit take tbf mate

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Is like a return to king power. I felt pride in that shirt and it signifies such an important part of our history. If the financials behind it are not such a game changer then i dont see why we wouldn’t do this. 

We got £4m per year for King Power

We supposedly got £12m for the 1 year of Thailand Smiles With You

FBS is even more than that every year, for 3 years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The industry doesn't spend roughly 100m annually on football shirt sponsorship for fun. 

It does it to recruit new customers because it does work and pulls people in. 

For some, gambling is a fun pastime; for others, it is an addictive curse that destroys their lives and families.

As a society, we don't need kids or adults being be exposed to wall to wall advertising that may harm their future well being.

Addiction, whether its alcohol, drugs, or gambling, destroys lives   

Great post.

34 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

vardy.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

We aren't linked to that. FBS is not in any was considered a betting company. It is a stock trading platform. The morality, etc, of day trading can be debated, certainly, but any kind of anti-gaming/gambling move won't affect our deal with FBS.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

We aren't linked to that. FBS is not in any was considered a betting company. It is a stock trading platform. The morality, etc, of day trading can be debated, certainly, but any kind of anti-gaming/gambling move won't affect our deal with FBS.

I agree with your conclusion but it’s a fine line with spread betting and day trading. It’s the capacity to become addictive and to cause harm that is the question. You could say insurance is a form of gambling. Taking a bet in outcomes involving monetary exchange. Bit difference there is the the outcome is supposed to be beneficial and it isn’t addictive unless you are some sort of weirdo. 

56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The industry doesn't spend roughly 100m annually on football shirt sponsorship for fun. 

It does it to recruit new customers because it does work and pulls people in. 

For some, gambling is a fun pastime; for others, it is an addictive curse that destroys their lives and families.

As a society, we don't need kids or adults being be exposed to wall to wall advertising that may harm their future well being.

Addiction, whether its alcohol, drugs, or gambling, destroys lives   

I might have this totally wrong but is it not feasible for an addict who's been banned by most bookies or had their account restricted so much that they can't lose significant sums of money to then be attracted to the previously unknown Chinese sites operating through Malta or wherever that PL sides are now being sponsored by?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I agree with your conclusion but it’s a fine line with spread betting and day trading. It’s the capacity to become addictive and to cause harm that is the question. You could say insurance is a form of gambling. Taking a bet in outcomes involving monetary exchange. Bit difference there is the the outcome is supposed to be beneficial and it isn’t addictive unless you are some sort of weirdo. 

But legally, there is a giant chasm. Different laws, different definitions, etc., etc. Any rules, regulations, etc., won't affect stock market trading companies.