Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

36 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

What's the issue with people creating the concept kits?

It's generally people who enjoy using photoshop in their spare time, no different to someone who chooses to play their games console just a more educated hobby.

The bigger issue is the same idiots thinking that each one of them is genuine.

Keep em' coming.

Gamers don’t force us to watch them play Forza.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Gamers don’t force us to watch them play Forza.

That did make me chuckle but I still stick by my point, they aren't doing anyone any harm.

Probably best to just stick to the LCFC Twitter if your waiting for the genuine.

Word of warning, I'd stem your excitement a bit because we are sure to be disappointed when / if it ever does get released.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

That did make me chuckle but I still stick by my point, they aren't doing anyone any harm.

Probably best to just stick to the LCFC Twitter if your waiting for the genuine.

Word of warning, I'd stem your excitement a bit because we are sure to be disappointed when / if it ever does get released.

I don’t think the most recent mock up is too bad, but there’s something about the gold that isn’t pleasing. Needs tying into the design of the shirt more.

I don't like the idea of the badge on the home shirt changing one bit if that's what's to happen. 

I didn't like it on the away shirts, but it always felt like it was to fit in with the style and complimented them quite well at times.

My fear with it being imposed on the home shirt is that our badge may be changed to monochrome permanently. Some will see it as a subtle change, but ultimately if that is the case then it is a complete rebrand of our badge - especially if it's to remain gold.

It will probably go back after this kit, but I do feel uneasy about the possibility of it changing for more than one cycle - particularly given how regular the gold trim on our shirts has become.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Craig said:

I don't like the idea of the badge on the home shirt changing one bit if that's what's to happen. 

I didn't like it on the away shirts, but it always felt like it was to fit in with the style and complimented them quite well at times.

My fear with it being imposed on the home shirt is that our badge may be changed to monochrome permanently. Some will see it as a subtle change, but ultimately if that is the case then it is a complete rebrand of our badge - especially if it's to remain gold.

It will probably go back after this kit, but I do feel uneasy about the possibility of it changing for more than one cycle - particularly given how regular the gold trim on our shirts has become.

People thought our whole home shirt would change from blue the moment gold made an appearance. 

That's not happened in the slightest. Yes there are shades and trims of gold but it's never once made it to be the dominant colour on the home shirt. Our owners aren't silly. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

People thought our whole home shirt would change from blue the moment gold made an appearance. 

That's not happened in the slightest. Yes there are shades and trims of gold but it's never once made it to be the dominant colour on the home shirt. Our owners aren't silly. 

I mean, this season the badge is going to be gold on our home shirt... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig said:

I mean, this season the badge is going to be gold on our home shirt... 

Tbf its still only a rumour, dont really think its a big deal if it was tbh for maybe one season, the real thing could potentially look really nice 

3 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Tbf its still only a rumour, dont really think its a big deal if it was tbh for maybe one season, the real thing could potentially look really nice 

It could. I just find it a bit odd - especially when if that kit is true (and I believe Ash), it doesn't appear to fit in with the rest of it at all lol

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

It could. I just find it a bit odd - especially when if that kit is true (and I believe Ash), it doesn't appear to fit in with the rest of it at all lol

It could potentially look quite smart if the badge is like the old puma kit, i know some wont and dont like the idea and weather its a big collar like i mocked up or ash's people will always moan and still end up buying it 

LCFC-away-Beauty-shot-05.jpg

We

4 hours ago, The_77 said:

Our monochrome badges are done a bit differently than most mock-ups— in this case, that means “Leicester City Football Club” is written in a negative space in a ring of gold.

There’s got to be a better way, that approach always makes the monochrome badges look like there’s too much crammed into them. 

51 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

It could potentially look quite smart if the badge is like the old puma kit…

LCFC-away-Beauty-shot-05.jpg

Frustrating because  know that it can be done (well, maybe Puma/Genesis know and adidas don’t).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The badge is absolutely fvcking yuck. We've one of the best crests in English football and yet we're still going to find a way to make it look shit on our shirt. Unbelievable.

I agree, but it would look better if the gold filled the negative space. Would look chunkier and less cheap. I’d imagine that’s how they’d do it.

Edited by phoneticerror

I'm not the greatest fan of monochrome badges on home shirts, mostly because most home shirts and badges contain the same colours anyway.

I'm alright with them on some away/third kits as the colours are often a bit wild and a monochrome badge helps the badge fit in with the overall design.

I'll have to reserve judgement on this until the actual shirt is released. It might look incredible. It could be the absolute pits.

Never too fussed by the home kit anyway, not bought one since I was about 12.

The away and third are invariably more interesting and unique, so much more likely to buy one of those each year rather than a home kit. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Ashley said:

Leicester City Home 2022 - 2023

LeicesterCityHome2122.png.8e40e79c951c50be3acafc9c3719de19.png

I find the recent desire to mix and match white and gold a bit strange. The kits look better when we go with one or the other.

The badge and Adidas logo being gold, but the FBS logo being white looks really strange to me.

• Like 1