Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I find the recent desire to mix and match white and gold a bit strange. The kits look better when we go with one or the other.

The badge and Adidas logo being gold, but the FBS logo being white looks really strange to me.

The main issue is the match up of Blue and Gold. It's just not a thing from a design perspective.

White and Gold YES

Black and Gold YES

Plenty of opportunity for them to use gold as much as they wish, but no need for it to be used on our blue kit.

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The main issue is the match up of Blue and Gold. It's just not a thing from a design perspective.

White and Gold YES

Black and Gold YES

Plenty of opportunity for them to use gold as much as they wish, but no need for it to be used on our blue kit.

This is an absolutely awful call. 

Not only is blue and gold a really visually satisfying combination, it's also one of the oldest in heraldry, I mean the two have been used together for centuries - what does "not a thing from a design perspective" even mean? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not only is blue and gold a really visually satisfying combination, it's also one of the oldest in heraldry, I mean the two have been used together for centuries - what does "not a thing from a design perspective" even mean? 

Very dark blue/navy yes, I just dont think it works with our shade. 

Also the examples you mention tend to be very yellow bright gold, rather than the fairly dull shade of gold we use. 

And the bit in quotes, with my design hat on I wouldn't consider putting the two together if I was creating something as I don't think it's visually appealing, perhaps just personal opinion :) 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I've seen people do this in several threads lately, where they remove what people have said and just quote the "I mean" or "well" part.. I might be being stupid but please explain why people are doing it? 

Sigh.

Anyway, how was your weekend? Did your bank balance emerge largely unscathed following your anticipated weekend of excess? 

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Genuine question! Like I said sorry if I'm being stupid, I just don't get it! lol 

I know. You weren't sounding stupid - it's nothing more than an inane joke and a product of my inane sense of humour. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

With a gold more akin to yellow though. With my designer hat on the two shades in the kit mockup clash as there isn't enough contrast. With that gold you need a navy blue, rather than a royal blue. 

2 hours ago, SamGLCFC said:

image.thumb.png.e944979a8f55cd1247ed234d358f03fc.pngThe gold will probably look fine in person, but maybe it would look better all matching.

This is infinitely better. There is no need to have gold on this kit, especially for the badge and adidas logo. A touch of class would be to have the white collar with a thin gold line in the middle going all the way around. 

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

ROYAL blue, literally ROYAL blue doesn't go with gold? 

Are you having a laugh? Where do you think ROYAL blue comes from!? 

1280px-Grand_Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_Franc

This royal blue? 

BTW, this is quite possibly objectively the best kit we've ever had:

0_Jamie-Vardy-new-kit.png

I am 100% sympathetic to people who don't want gold on the kit for personal or historical reasons. I think they're insane, given we wore gold loads during the 90s when most fans on here were first watching Leicester and long before the Thais, but I get it. You can moan about tradition and our owners imposing their culture on the club or whatever stuff you want. I personally don't agree but I respect the opinion*. 

But claiming the two colours don't go together is straight up ridiculous. Even if you prefer blue and white, the claim "blue and gold is not a thing" is still one of the worst fashion takes in foxestalk history. 

Reveal hidden contents

*oh who am I kidding, I don't at all. I think they're predominantly closet xenophobes hiding behind "tradition" like the colours of a football club are sacred like religious dogma.

Now you've had your rant, I suggest you go back and read what I said. "A gold akin to yellow." in terms of what would work with our shirt, which is exactly what is in the crest you've posted and what's mostly used in heraldry and NOT what is in the mockup Ashley posted. I'm discussing the two shades used in the mockup, there are a 1000 blues and a 1000 "golds", there will be a combination that works perfectly.

But the gold in HIS mockup would be some way of what's the best fit for our shirt. Especially considering it's a monochrome logo and would make visibility pretty poor, as I said due to lack of contrast. 

I mean... It's literally my job to design so what the **** do I know. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

92-94-away-gold.JPG

87-88-away-yellow.JPG

96-98-away-gold.JPG

lcfc-1995-away-shirt-front-02.jpg

Wrong. "GoOdByE."

The third one down is definitely yellow. But I’m with you we have had gold kits well before the turn of the century. No one had a problem with it then. 

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

ROYAL blue, literally ROYAL blue doesn't go with gold? 

Are you having a laugh? Where do you think ROYAL blue comes from!? 

1280px-Grand_Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_Franc

This royal blue? 

BTW, this is quite possibly objectively the best kit we've ever had:

0_Jamie-Vardy-new-kit.png

I am 100% sympathetic to people who don't want gold on the kit for personal or historical reasons. I think they're insane, given we wore gold loads during the 90s when most fans on here were first watching Leicester and long before the Thais, but I get it. You can moan about tradition and our owners imposing their culture on the club or whatever stuff you want. I personally don't agree but I respect the opinion*. 

But claiming the two colours don't go together is straight up ridiculous. Even if you prefer blue and white, the claim "blue and gold is not a thing" is still one of the worst fashion takes in foxestalk history. 

Hide contents

*oh who am I kidding, I don't at all. I think they're predominantly closet xenophobes hiding behind "tradition" like the colours of a football club are sacred like religious dogma.

To be honest at this point i'm amazed when you haven't responded to something i've said with something negative.

You've argued a good case here though for a change, got to give you that, and the cheque shirt is lovely. I wasn't acutely aware of the historical relationship of blue and gold... again though, your examples are Royal blue and yellow gold... not the dull shade in the mock up I was refering to :rolleyes:

Also I have no problem with gold from a historical perspective, quite frankly I couldn't give a shit, i'm not one of those who looks back. I just personally think it works better as an accent on away kits, or as you've pointed out above, when there's lots of it, rather than just a badge and logo... 

It's personal opinion, just like many of the things I say that you so often take offence with. It's getting a bit tiresome to be honest. I've never known anyone take peoples opinions so personally, going off on these crusades rather than just thinking 'naa don't agree with that' or even writing it.

See you in a few weeks when i've dared to say something positive about Newcastle...

Just now, Babylon said:

I don't give a **** about gold or yellow... so long as they are the right shades to actually work with whatever shade of ****ing blue they decide it's going to be. 

I should have just wrote this.

THIS @Finnegan THISSSSS

• Haha 1