Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

Guest Mee-9
3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Saw this 2 minutes ago on Footy Headlines but it’s now deleted. Luckily I took a screenshot :ph34r:

987C53FE-6E5A-4372-88E6-F4423C7011B5.jpeg

Better than that bin bag fitting Jako Topps Tiles shirt we had back in the bad. 

9 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

None of them clash tho. The only reason some don’t work is because you’ve chosen to match certain gold shades with blues that mean the logo isn’t as clear. Gold looks good with blue.

Way to contradict your self. Oh and… that was the ****ing  point 😂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Staggering how many are unable to separate gold and yellow lol 

Is it, though? There are shades that could be described as either. If you had to describe the colour of actual gold, you might well call it yellow. Gold (the colour) and yellow do have some overlap. They can't be completely separated.

It's like the mint away kit. Some people say it's blue, some say it's green. That's because it's somewhere between the two. It's both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Is it, though? There are shades that could be described as either. If you had to describe the colour of actual gold, you might well call it yellow. Gold (the colour) and yellow do have some overlap. They can't be completely separated.

It's like the mint away kit. Some people say it's blue, some say it's green. That's because it's somewhere between the two. It's both.

It is with the King Power gold.

When on kits, it’s almost shiny and nothing like the yellow that was on the shirts in the mid 90s.

I don’t mind it in smaller doses like on the 21/22 kit, I think it looks pretty smart on trims.

• Like 2

You do know you're all arguing about colours but there's a huge difference between how colours are displayed digitally depending on your settings of the device you're viewing them on and it's display capabilities :D

Something that looks ok to you may appear slightly different to how someone looks at something and they don't think it looks quite right 

As always, wait to see what it looks like in person.....

I guarantee, and I've done it myself, they'll be people who don't like how the kit looks when it's released but then turn around and say it looks alright in the flesh 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

It is with the King Power gold.

When on kits, it’s almost shiny and nothing like the yellow that was on the shirts in the mid 90s.

I don’t mind it in smaller doses like on the 21/22 kit, I think it looks pretty smart on trims.

I agree re: King Power gold. I think most people would say that shade is gold, and very few, if anyone, would call it yellow. I'd say it definitely is shiny and clearly a different hue from the more obviously yellow away shirts of the 90s. Would it be fair to say we're probably in agreement that some of those kits could be described as yellow or gold, though? You really wouldn't be wrong to say they're one or the other.

I agree - I like it as a trim on home kits. It does look smart.

(the following isn't in direct response to you - just general thoughts)

I do get why some people object to the addition of gold to the home kit. I think they see it as a minor "doing a Cardiff." I can't get on board with "gold isn't a club colour," though. The fox on the crest has been present since 1946 in various shades of yellow/orange/gold, we have had plenty of yellow/gold away kits over the years, and even a yellow/gold trim on a home kit in the 90s. I do suspect this is just a coincidence, however, and that the owners would have added the gold in any case. I just don't care. I think it looks good, and it also helps us stand out from the countless other clubs who play in blue and white. I wouldn't be happy if they went and changed the home kit from blue to something else, but adding/changing a colour of the trim is a million miles away from that in my book.

Besides, the owners have brought us our most successful era of all time. Even if you detest having a little bit of gold on the home shirt, surely it's a pretty small price to pay, is it not?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

You do know you're all arguing about colours but there's a huge difference between how colours are displayed digitally depending on your settings of the device you're viewing them on and it's display capabilities :D

Something that looks ok to you may appear slightly different to how someone looks at something and they don't think it looks quite right 

As always, wait to see what it looks like in person.....

I guarantee, and I've done it myself, they'll be people who don't like how the kit looks when it's released but then turn around and say it looks alright in the flesh 

The dress - Wikipedia

1 minute ago, FoxesAreBlue said:

I wonder at what point the King Power era of kits will be considered traditional, and gold will become the norm

Particularly as the KP ownership cohabitates the same period of time as our biggest successes so far… and not coincidentally so either.

I would say for a lot that period is now.

You certainly see less vocalise a feeling against the gold. Like maybe there still is that feeling but it is also put alongside the point which I don't really subscribe to that because we have been successful under their ownership that it should be seen as a given.

• Like 1