Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

It's just astonishing that Ash (and others) manage to design some absolutely blinding concept kits, presumably from their spare bedrooms. But the people we actually pay millions of pound notes to professionally design us a kit, come up with such uninspired dross. With a tea bag stained badge FFS!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

It's just astonishing that Ash (and others) manage to design some absolutely blinding concept kits, presumably from their spare bedrooms. But the people we actually pay millions of pound notes to professionally design us a kit, come up with such uninspired dross. With a tea bag stained badge FFS!

I reckon the only way that changes is to go with a smaller manufacturer, or we'll just keep getting the same template dross with small imputs frorm the club

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Amazed people hate it more than last season's. We looked like Ipswich or Birmingham last season - the shirt should be solid blue, not some wishy washy crap pattern

Looks good to me

:whistle:

Leicester 90-92 remake shirt (7).jpg

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Make the collar and cuffs blue (with maybe a small white trim on the collar), the Adidas badge white, use the normal Leicester badge and add subtle pattern to the shirt and it could have been a classic.

It's so obvious with our kits that we get an choice of templates and then someone at the club decides what colour each element should be. There is no way anyone in a design profession go with the choices we have over the last few years.

The marketing manager needs to do a bit of customer research before picking the kit next year. It’s literally the marketing manager who picks the kits. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

The marketing manager needs to do a bit of customer research before picking the kit next year. It’s literally the marketing manager who picks the kits. 

Well that's complete horse shit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Ok. If you say so. 

I mean it'll be a commity of people, and the people who sign off such an important thing will be director level, likely a commercial director.... you know what with it being the commercial director who has a target attached to sell the ****ing thing lol 

Your edit isn't correct either. I'm speaking from knowledge not just flippently dismissing you :) 

Edited by AjcW

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

lol it has nothing to do with a marketing manager at all. They will just be told what the kit is and then to market it! 

People at saying that gold is because of the owners? if this is true why wouldnt they have an gold on their Jockey Silks for KP racing? they literally picked their silks (blue and white) to match Leicester's colours. 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

lol it has nothing to do with a marketing manager at all. They will just be told what the kit is and then to market it! 

People at saying that gold is because of the owners? if this is true why wouldnt they have an gold on their Jockey Silks for KP racing? they literally picked their silks (blue and white) to match Leicester's colours. 

We had a pink kit the other year because the marketing department thought it would sell well. You lot are giving way too much credit to the commercial side of the club. We are nowhere near as organised as people think. 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

We had a pink kit the other year because the marketing department thought it would sell well. You lot are giving way too much credit to the commercial side of the club. We are nowhere near as organised as people think. 

I'm not saying they don't have a say in it, if they're savvy (which they're not) they'd be on here every day, it's a goldmine, you could make a fortune off the insight we generate! 

I'm just saying decisions/sign off come from much higher. 

If this is our last year with Adidas, then its a pretty fitting culmination of their kits for us - in that its the most basic template kit imaginable. 

That said, I don't know what I think about it: Is it simple and kind-of retro in a good way, or simple in a lazy, boring way? Not sure. 

17 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

They might have a choice, but it’s a bog standard limited choice presented by adidas. 

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I mean, yeah, I thought that was obvious. Its only the clubs in Adidas' A-tier who get access to custom designs. We're in their B-tier so we get the choice of a bunch of templates with some small added extras like detailing/ patterns compared to the C-tier

My point being that it’s someone at the club deciding what aspects of the kit are which colour, rather than a designer at Adidas. No designer would go for that colour combination.