Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

Seagrave is the only place I've seen the Club really associate with that particular Gold/Bronze colour:

1312182693-850x560.jpeg

Given what a few other Adidas teams have done with their crests this season, like Man U and a huge black shield around theirs, it's different but not too bad. It'll only be a season

Speaking of which hopefully our Adidas deal runs out, because they can't be arsed if that pic is legit. Training wear is probably lovely for the lads day to day training and some of our main players are signed up to them but this is 2 home kits now which are just dull, 20/21 and this if it's real. A lack of effort from one of the biggest sports brands ever.

1 hour ago, gerrytaggart said:

Worst kit in living memory.

1 hour ago, Bilo said:

Not unless you were born in 2009. That Jako shirt was so disgusting that it would have looked better on fire.

48 minutes ago, sdb said:

Topps Tiles just called

What are you lot on about?

I still have and I still love my Jako "Topps Tiles" City top.

It was a great shirt...  :P

People can bitch about it all they want but the truth is that, we will still sell them by the barrel load so why should the club (much less Adidas) give a crap if we like it or not? 

The general consensus between fans is that it's honking so a stand should be made and people shouldn't buy it, that's the only thing that will make them listen. 

41 minutes ago, Phube said:

Anyone else think the crest and Adidas logo just look too close together? 

Add that to the list of poor design choices!

You know what, you’re right. There’s hope that this is a very impressive fake.

Badges are way too close to the FBS logo compared to this seasons kit (I’m clutching at straws, but side by side images below don’t quite add up).

Edited by phoneticerror

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Seagrave is the only place I've seen the Club really associate with that particular Gold/Bronze colour:

1312182693-850x560.jpeg

Given what a few other Adidas teams have done with their crests this season, like Man U and a huge black shield around theirs, it's different but not too bad. It'll only be a season

Speaking of which hopefully our Adidas deal runs out, because they can't be arsed if that pic is legit. Training wear is probably lovely for the lads day to day training and some of our main players are signed up to them but this is 2 home kits now which are just dull, 20/21 and this if it's real. A lack of effort from one of the biggest sports brands ever.

Be careful what you wish for because you just know after this season (if we don't pen a new deal with Adidas) we'll end up with Castore. And so far out of all the kits been released, this is the only one that stops our being the worst I've seen.

For what it's worth I always said that I'd hate to have Adidas or Nike as our kit supplier when people were crying out for them. Their kits are boring. Nike are worse because they're all generic, doesn't matter who you are, you all get the same kit but in your club colours. 

We'll never be top tier with Adidas, so we'll never get a truly bespoke kit, but even then, they're not that great, although arsenal have had some decent ones recently. 

Trouble is these days, whoever we end up with, we just don't have the pulling power, or rather the selling power, to have a truly great, bespoke kit. We'll always end up with some template that can be bought of the shelf with no badge or sponsor for 40 quid less.

This kit 100% looks like someone really couldn't be bothered, saw the burrda kit from about 10 years ago and thought "that'll do"

It's smart enough, just a bit meh. I agree on the badge, I like the gold on our kits though, just wish it was more on the trims and the collar rather than the badge and logo. It does just look like whoever was tasked with this at Adidas put in the original, bog standard design, someone asked why there wasn't any gold on it, and they came back with that as a 2nd go. 

Really bemused by it. I'm one of those who buys a shirt every year, kinda just tradition, regardless of whether I like it or not, but this just doesn't stir any feelings at all. As I've said previously, I'll wait to see it in person before making final judgement but I'm hoping for a decent away shirt this year, and I've already got my retro 1990 shirt. 

jd_576470_a.jpeg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Be careful what you wish for because you just know after this season (if we don't pen a new deal with Adidas) we'll end up with Castore. And so far out of all the kits been released, this is the only one that stops our being the worst I've seen.

Need to make sure we get European football again to be an attractive club for kit makers again.

Wouldn't be opposed to giving Umbro a shot, the West Ham kit looks class next season. But at the end of the day its going to be a question of who can fork out the most

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Need to make sure we get European football again to be an attractive club for kit makers again.

Wouldn't be opposed to giving Umbro a shot, the West Ham kit looks class next season. But at the end of the day its going to be a question of who can fork out the most

Not true. The club admitted they saw addidas as a premium brand and took less upfront than they were getting from puma to make the move over. 

13 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Not true. The club admitted they saw addidas as a premium brand and took less upfront than they were getting from puma to make the move over. 

In fairness, after some of the monstrosities that Puma made for us, I was happy we moved away from them. Even now, look at those European kits Puma make with that lazy stripe across the chest bearing a club's name and thats it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Wow, IMO that's an amazing call that Adidas is premium compared to Puma.

For me.... Adidas, Puma, Nike,  = BP, Shell, Caltex .... Same shit different logo.

All made in same sweatshops, shipped in same boats and sold in same places. 

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Wow, IMO that's an amazing call that Adidas is premium compared to Puma.

For me.... Adidas, Puma, Nike,  = BP, Shell, Caltex .... Same shit different logo.

All made in same sweatshops, shipped in same boats and sold in same places. 

Susan Whelans words at an FCC meeting when they announced the move. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

For what it's worth I always said that I'd hate to have Adidas or Nike as our kit supplier when people were crying out for them. Their kits are boring. Nike are worse because they're all generic, doesn't matter who you are, you all get the same kit but in your club colours. 

We'll never be top tier with Adidas, so we'll never get a truly bespoke kit, but even then, they're not that great, although arsenal have had some decent ones recently. 

Trouble is these days, whoever we end up with, we just don't have the pulling power, or rather the selling power, to have a truly great, bespoke kit. We'll always end up with some template that can be bought of the shelf with no badge or sponsor for 40 quid less.

This kit 100% looks like someone really couldn't be bothered, saw the burrda kit from about 10 years ago and thought "that'll do"

It's smart enough, just a bit meh. I agree on the badge, I like the gold on our kits though, just wish it was more on the trims and the collar rather than the badge and logo. It does just look like whoever was tasked with this at Adidas put in the original, bog standard design, someone asked why there wasn't any gold on it, and they came back with that as a 2nd go. 

Really bemused by it. I'm one of those who buys a shirt every year, kinda just tradition, regardless of whether I like it or not, but this just doesn't stir any feelings at all. As I've said previously, I'll wait to see it in person before making final judgement but I'm hoping for a decent away shirt this year, and I've already got my retro 1990 shirt. 

jd_576470_a.jpeg

Tbf Castore is the absolute pits but that wolves shirt in blue with white details and a gold castore badge would be infinitely better than the one we’re getting this season

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

jd_576470_a.jpeg

That’s better than ours.