Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

It's a mehhh for me.  It's neither great nor crap. Maybe a 7? Collars though? Don't care for them like i used to.

I am due for a new top but will wait to see what the other ones look like.  The price for that template is a joke though. Should be £35 max for a template. Can probably find the blue training kit version (ie without the logos for that much on adidas website) for half the price. Ok, maybe that's overkill on my part. Value is not there for me that's all.

It's fine. Kit launches are always the same on this place. The same people overreact and make wildly sweeping negative statements. Some people would be unhappy no matter what is produced because they seem to have some weird mentality of loving to criticise everything the club does.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's fine. Kit launches are always the same on this place. The same people overreact and make wildly sweeping negative statements. Some people would be unhappy no matter what is produced because they seem to have some weird mentality of loving to criticise everything the club does.

And I end up buying it when they discount it in February...

1 hour ago, Mark said:

We've been having all blue kits regularly since the early 90s and are far more successful in it but I honestly think it looks better too, also sets us apart from other teams like Birmingham and Ipswich, there’s no other team I can think of that play in all blue so why not make the most of that especially given the success we've had.

What about Chelsea? Surely the most obvious all blue team. Or Oldham. Both of them, to me at least, always look dull in one singular colour. As do we. But at least Chelsea and Oldham are dull in their own colours. We pro actively choose to be dull! 

1 minute ago, Patrick said:

I am actually really starting to warm to it. If it wasn't for the gold badges it'd look like it could be a remake of an 80s or 90s kit.

There in lies the problem though... it just goes to show it's cm's away from being iconic (most of the cm's needing to be lost on the collar fyi... lol

I know clubs like to keep these things secretive, but enough people end up knowing about it anyway that you may as well get a 500 odd person focus group to do a first review! Then the likelihood is you'd end up with something infinately more sellable.

Commercial and Marketing in football is just a bit weird, it's my area but think it would drive me mad working for our club. 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I suppose it's maybe to show to the public what the top looks like with jeans/tracksuit bottoms (i.e. clothes that you'd actually wear) as most purchasing a top aren't going to be purchasing the full kit. 

Yeah, I get that, but they could at least mix it up and show how it will look on and off the pitch.

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I suppose it's maybe to show to the public what the top looks like with jeans/tracksuit bottoms (i.e. clothes that you'd actually wear) as most purchasing a top aren't going to be purchasing the full kit. 

Maybe Vards and the lads should wear a fake beer belly under the shirt for full realism! 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What about Chelsea? Surely the most obvious all blue team. Or Oldham. Both of them, to me at least, always look dull in one singular colour. As do we. But at least Chelsea and Oldham are dull in their own colours. We pro actively choose to be dull! 

Chelsea have white socks traditionally, they don’t play in all blue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Chelsea always have white socks don’t they? Oldham I’m sure have had white shorts/socks regularly

12 minutes ago, Mark said:

Chelsea always have white socks don’t they? Oldham I’m sure have had white shorts/socks regularly

Funny to think that both Chelsea and Liverpool used to play in white shorts. I agree we seem to have more success in all blue. Still want Maroon to come back as away kit 

• Like 1