Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

1 hour ago, phoneticerror said:

We’re not actually having black shorts are we!?

6A8245D3-DDE9-49F0-8D86-0098DA65E3F2.jpeg

Nah, that's just how Adidas models their kits nowadays - pair the shirts with streetwear clothes for marketing reasons

2 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

So the womens shirt isn’t actually a replica. Why would they make the womens shirt different…collar not girly enough? 🙄 

I’m not sure if you have noticed breasts yet?

3 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I’ve decided this kit would be fine - bordering on not bad - if it wasn’t far the badge disgrace. It’s wrong both in principle and from an aesthetic / design perspective. Why do it? Somebody’s actually actively made that call to change it from its normal colours.

As somebody who does design stuff for work, I have a reasonable idea how things like this happen. Generally, the designer will have an overall vision and concept for how they want the design to look. Somebody with decision making responsibility will say ‘yeah, it’s ok, but I want a gold badge’. The designer will try and talk them round and present other options or concepts, but the person with the rubber stamp will override them and say ‘no, I definitely want that one but with a gold badge’. The designer will be forced to concede and submit a final design that he/she hates. 

It’s basically what happens when people who aren’t designers want to design things. This is my life, basically.

I'm not a fan of it, but it'd be fine if it was a one-off for an anniversary kit, for instance. Or equally fine on an away/third kit where creative freedom can be applied a bit more liberally.

But 'just because' on a home kit feels very wrong. Doesn't help that gold on blue isn't the greatest combination, either...

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Thanks for that, just ordered one, £45.50 free postage and due to be here by tomorrow. I just need to sort the Bia Saigon patch now, I kinda like that one.

I’m going into the store tomorrow and asking for that. Gonna pay £6 for the PL one on the other arm too so they shouldn’t moan…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NZ_Foxile said:

Weird comment. Yes, as a woman I had noticed their existence. Never seems to have precluded women from wearing a collared shirt before

😂 I thought you were just questions the need for woman to have different shirts, my bad.

Also very shit from Adidas.

Edited by Costock_Fox

4 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I’ve decided this kit would be fine - bordering on not bad - if it wasn’t far the badge disgrace. It’s wrong both in principle and from an aesthetic / design perspective. Why do it? Somebody’s actually actively made that call to change it from its normal colours.

As somebody who does design stuff for work, I have a reasonable idea how things like this happen. Generally, the designer will have an overall vision and concept for how they want the design to look. Somebody with decision making responsibility will say ‘yeah, it’s ok, but I want a gold badge’. The designer will try and talk them round and present other options or concepts, but the person with the rubber stamp will override them and say ‘no, I definitely want that one but with a gold badge’. The designer will be forced to concede and submit a final design that he/she hates. 

It’s basically what happens when people who aren’t designers want to design things. This is my life, basically.

I actually like the badge like that for a change. Don’t see the issue. Maybe something not conforming to the traditional aesthetic design rules is good for a change! 

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

The womens version has also been listed on the adidas site 

https://www.adidas.co.uk/leicester-city-fc-22-23-home-jersey/HF3720.htmE043557C-8641-4A67-B4EC-D13E1D3D22A9.jpeg.0b72b381df79e2448d5c142504e17131.jpeg

Ooh I like the old fox on the back though. First time I've seen it. Pretty sure it's on the men's as well from a teaser I read but first time I've seen it.

Is it spilt tea colour? When I try to zoom in on my phone it selects it and makes  it all darker so can't tell.

13 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

LCFC won’t be delivering shirts until 14th July. I wonder if Adidas will actually deliver tomorrow… Anybody got a dispatch email yet?

Well mines being packed apparently. 

They can be exceedingly quick. I’ve ordered from them on a Sunday evening before and had it delivered by Monday lunchtime. 

Having it delivered to work so they don’t need to be that quick this time. 

19 minutes ago, Livid said:

Well mines being packed apparently. 

They can be exceedingly quick. I’ve ordered from them on a Sunday evening before and had it delivered by Monday lunchtime. 

Having it delivered to work so they don’t need to be that quick this time. 

I use them all the time and the delivery is great. But never had a code actually work for a launch kit before.

• Like 2