Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

22/23 Kit

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

I het you point... But the user experience that makes it an addictive solitary habit is there 

It certainly should not be used without a lot of research and careful thought. That being said I think the key difference is that it does have a positive purpose if used right. I'm not sure I can say the same for gambling companies.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It certainly should not be used without a lot of research and careful thought. That being said I think the key difference is that it does have a positive purpose if used right. I'm not sure I can say the same for gambling companies.

Many gen z kids see spread betting on shares, Cfds on the margin,  or holding crypto as a way to make money... yet they get sucked in.

Edited by foxinsocks

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Many gen z kids see speed betting on shares, CDs on the margin,  or holding crypto as a way to make money... yet they get sucked in.

When there's money involved and a potential for making it people are always going to misuse platforms (I don't think it's generation specific) it doesn't mean that the platform is inherently bad it means the user is stupid. It's a tool to invest if someone invests badly then they need to take personal responsibility for it. Let me ask you this, did you have any issue with the sponsor in the alliance and Leicester days. Just wondering where you draw the line. 

Edited by peach0000

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

When there's money involved and a potential for making it people are always going to misuse platforms (I don't think it's generation specific) it doesn't mean that the platform is inherently bad it means the user is stupid. It's a tool to invest if someone invests badly then they need to take personal responsibility for it. 

For example... People with PTSD seek out solitary activities to blank out their thoughts.  Or people chase losses....

I trade on line... but I am not a day trader... I live on investment income from long term long or short positions.  I dont think I am addicted as I seek to spend the min time online. 

But some dealing companies target regulat users (introduce margin investments etc) or reactive inactive users etc.  I just wonder if dealing platforms exploit the vulnerable.... like gambling platforms.  Are they doing enough?

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I know we won the title in all blue but for me Leicester City will always be the blue and white army 

Absolutely. All blue is boring and just doesn't feel like us. 

I'm sure somebody will come along and disprove that statement with some fact but don't care thats how I feel started supporting City in 1998 and since then we've worn white shorts most of the time. 

• Like 2

trading stocks / crypto is not gambling. 

with trading you have options to protect your investment from the moment you make it. 

there are tools available to ensure you don't lose your investment - you only lose everything if you don't do your DD and research on how to trade - that's on the user as the tools and information are there.

it's not win/lose all without protection like most forms of betting. 

• Like 2