Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Is that not what they are and always have been in modern history, though? 

Merely pointing out that virtually every conversation I seem to have about football now consists mainly of money and what parasite has hijacked a club plus, the way we’re talking about ourselves as ‘customers’ is just so sad for me. 

6 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

here we go

this club's slow creep towards change will accelerate. they've been moving their chess pieces. 

I'm not even sure what you mean by this? accelerate change to be a successful and prosperous club? One that can compete at the top for many years, give us more FA cup wins, top 5 finishes? Or would you prefer to pay a few quid less and watch us go up and down or fight for relegation (like the other poster mentioned about Burnley! :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Merely pointing out that virtually every conversation I seem to have about football now consists mainly of money and what parasite has hijacked a club plus, the way we’re talking about ourselves as ‘customers’ is just so sad for me. 

Wow, calling our owners parasite's? :nigel:

36 minutes ago, Bert said:

The thing is, if people can’t renew (again, I do have empathy because it’s not nice at all) there’s thousands of people that are desperate to get their hands on a season ticket and will pay anything. The club of course know this.

There is an expansion coming in 2 years time, good luck selling 30,000 season tickets, letalone filling the ground for at least half the matches. Imagine if we stay a mid table team or even worse, fight relegation.

Match days for us is one of the cheapest days out we have as a parent and child activity.

We're not a wealthy family with loads of disposable income either.

Things like bowling, cinema etc often costs us more than what our price per match day is.

Even our sons subs for his Sunday league team is x4 times higher than what I pay for his season ticket. 

8% on paper is high, but if that leads to a price freeze for the next 3-5 years in the grand scheme of things isn't very high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

This whole thread, whatever the side of the debate you are on, is a really sad microcosm of what the game is now for me.

Supporters being described as ‘customers’ and clubs being described as ‘businesses’. It’s just so polluted now. I definitely see a world where I pack it in in the not so distant future. Getting further and further away from the game I fell in love with. 

Do it. Non league football is in desperate need of your help. I sometimes go to Barnet, borehamwood, Wealdstone and St Albans for a laugh with interested mates, it’s a laugh. You often hear palace ultra type drones going on about ‘modern football is sh1t mate im getting out if it’ then do absolutely nothing to change. Be the person that does change!! 

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Do it. Non league football is in desperate need of your help. I sometimes go to Barnet, borehamwood, Wealdstone and St Albans for a laugh with interested mates, it’s a laugh. You often hear palace ultra type drones going on about ‘modern football is sh1t mate im getting out if it’ then do absolutely nothing to change. Be the person that does change!! 

I’ve got a load of great non league teams near me and I do try and go when not down the city. It generally is a more positive experience. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

£36 is a lot of money when the price of everything else has gone up too though and it’s not as if the ticket is the only major match day expense given most don’t live in walking distance.

I don’t dispute that Matt, i agree with you that arguably, the external factors such as the economy and impending recession are the actual reasons as opposed to £3.26 a month extra for an adult.

Again, I am positive there are solutions though if people are able and willing to make certain choices/sacrifices. Don’t say it too loudly, but what about sharing a season ticket (50/50) with a family member/friend. Half the price and keep the ticket. Obviously I wouldn’t condone it as it’s against club policy and T&Cs but BOOM, there’s a solution straight off the top of my head. There are plenty more too if people wish to explore them!

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Exactly this. I haven't been to a game since Rodgers took over, when we've had brilliant games that I'd have loved to have seen live, then you get the same ungrateful sods moaning about the football yet bemoaning the prices going up. How about you not renew then and let some of us, who would love to go and watch some of the best footy down the KP ever, have a chance of getting a season ticket? 

No offence how have you not had any chance of watching Leicester since Rodgers took over ? Been loads of times the away end at the KP not been full and extra tickets gone on sale plus European and cup games ? Also membership easy chance of getting tickets. Maybe if you was spending money on watching crap football at times then you wouldn’t hold this view. 

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

99.9% of us will pay it, of course we will. The club have us by the balls. We can't go and support Derby, we don't have any other options. They have the monopoly on our loyalty. But with higher prices come higher expectations. Paying £10m for a manager and spending millions a year on average players? How about we clean up in house before we start taking even more of the fan's cash?

Of course it is a non-starter for proper fans but I wonder if the lack of a monopoly on supporters would be the most beneficial longer term with regards to ticket prices? As you say, if you can't afford to go to Leicester you wouldn't go to Derby because it is cheaper yet actually that's probably the best way of clubs thinking about their strategies if several thousand were to pack in and go to a competitor.

Football probably suffers from the lack of floating fans as the vast majority are locked into a club.

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

You're working on the assumption that everybody going is a bloke who also drinks before matches, rather than say a parent and a child (or a larger family). And even if it is just a bloke who goes on his own, eventually if the threshold rises high enough he'll reach the limit of what he can tolerate financially.

It may be bugger all to you but it isn't to somebody. Every time season tickets go up, somebody reaches their limit of what they can afford on luxuries like attending matches. Eventually, you'd reach your limit too.

Absolutely baffling attitude. You're not going to sympathise with people being priced out of supporting the same football team as you because of who we've got running the country at the moment?

Nobody's claiming to have a God given right to be there, just to be able to have the opportunity to do so without financially crippling themselves and their families. You can talk about competitiveness all you like but not one person changes the Premier League team they go and watch on the grounds that tickets are more competitively priced at other clubs. It's a captive audience and, at a time when the cost of living is skyrocketing, any club that increases prices for such meagre financial gain is doing so out of pure greed. If you want to put it in business terms (as so many defending this seem desperate to do), it displays an abject lack of corporate social responsibility.

I refuse to feel sorry for a class that by and large are turkeys voting for Christmas. The gap between the rich and the poor grows larger and larger, which is the bigger issue at play here.

Football as well as life in general would be more affordable if people didn't keep voting for a party that continues to proactively widen the gap.

As you've mentioned yourself, the price of everything is on the rise. Why would football be any different? Football clubs are not charities.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

I don't know how you think anyone could survive in 21st century Britain without having access to a phone, the internet and transport. Having access to those things isn't a "lifestyle choice".

You're still making a huge assumption too that there are other "luxuries" most could and should be cutting down on to afford their day at the football. To some people, watching City in the flesh is the only luxury they want or need in life - and every time an unnecessary extra expense is enforced upon them it becomes that little bit more difficult for them to do that.

First point, there’s a range of products in each of those areas (think you missed the point). I’m not saying get rid of all of them. Let’s take phone contract for example, reduce from £20 a month to £10 a month … pretty basic lifestyle choice based around finances/affordability. Transport, are there more efficient ways of travelling? Public transport, bike, more economical car etc etc. 

Target, shave £3.26 off a month and put it into the ST.

I’m still not convinced that £3.26 a month is a tipping point, I’m convinced it’s emotive response to not WANTING to pay more as you’re not providing any real life examples or scenarios to counter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Because of working in the week, I live away from Leicester so don't know any Leicester supporting mates who can sort spares etc. and weekend games are nigh on impossible to get tickets for so I play football instead, but that'd change if I could get a ST.

And nah if I'd been spending my money on watching the football since Rodgers came in I'd be more than satisfied. I'd much rather see that then the championship games that I used to go to. 

Mate, I literally once helped a random Romanian guy that came up to me in the street get into a Leicester game. Do you post on here asking if there are any going spare? I'm sure someone would help you out.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The thing that annoys me about it is do they really need it? Do they really need that extra money they are going to take off a fan? The answer is No they dont. even if they generate £1m extra a season it is nothing but a drop in the ocean. cut the squad down by 1 player a you save double (and the rest) a season. 

They dont need to do it so why do it? just because they havent for a few years (which also shows they dont need to do it) doesnt mean you should just accept it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The thing that annoys me about it is do they really need it? Do they really need that extra money they are going to take off a fan? The answer is No they dont. even if they generate £1m extra a season it is nothing but a drop in the ocean. cut the squad down by 1 player a you save double (and the rest) a season. 

They dont need to do it so why do it? just because they havent for a few years (which also shows they dont need to do it) doesnt mean you should just accept it. 

How do you know they don’t need it? 

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Because of working in the week, I live away from Leicester so don't know any Leicester supporting mates who can sort spares etc. and weekend games are nigh on impossible to get tickets for so I play football instead, but that'd change if I could get a ST.

And nah if I'd been spending my money on watching the football since Rodgers came in I'd be more than satisfied. I'd much rather see that then the championship games that I used to go to. 

Plastic.

In all seriousness, if you wanted to go to a game get asking on here and somebody would easily sort you out.

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

How do you know they don’t need it? 

Id be seriously worried if we are at a stage that the club needs additional £900k after a year of record revenue and an additional £30m in TV money forthcoming. 

The club’s record revenue figure was achieved in a year with no ticketing income at all 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

John Lewis revives staff bonus but warns of price rises - BBC News

How dare they give their staff bonuses but try and increase prices for us customers - its pure greed, why should I purchase my "garms" from Primark - it's a scam perpetrated by the conservative government....:ph34r:

Ok ok a bit of tongue in cheek, but like mentioned before - this is life - either you make some more sacrifices and enjoy your luxury or you watch from home, unfortunately. - although the amount you pay for BT sport / Sky etc is a debate for another day

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Id be seriously worried if we are at a stage that the club needs additional £900k after a year of record revenue and an additional £30m in TV money forthcoming. 

The club’s record revenue figure was achieved in a year with no ticketing income at all 

How many times.......REVENUE does not equal profit!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I haven’t said otherwise have i?

The wage bill has ballooned in recent years to £192 million. 

The increase in season tickets would account for a player on £17,300 a week - or 30 staff on £30k annual salary. 

We are not going to employ 30 new staff members nor are we going to get a PL standard player on £17.3k a week 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Which is exactly the point right? Increasing revenue through ticket sales does not mean the club is in a better position. So why do it? Why not go down a different avenue to run the business in a more profitable way.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I haven’t said otherwise have i?

The wage bill has ballooned in recent years to £192 million. 

The increase in season tickets would account for a player on £17,300 a week - or 30 staff on £30k annual salary. 

We are not going to employ 30 new staff members nor are we going to get a PL standard player on £17.3k a week 

Ok let me try and make it a bit simpler....

Point 1 : You kept referring to increased revenue in most of your posts - Revenue on it's own really doesn't mean anything

Point 2:  The wage bill as you quite rightly pointed out has ballooned in recent years - a lot of this is offset by the amount we get for TV rights, PL etc

Point 3a: The increase in season tickets would pay for 30 staff on £30k Annual Salary as you quite rightly stated

Point 3b: Over the last 10 years, do you not think that we have had to employ at LEAST 30 new staff to cover the new training facility for example? No-one is saying that this would pay for a player, but it could pay for, as you stated, non-playing, staffing costs.

Edited by hejammy