Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Which is exactly the point right? Increasing revenue through ticket sales does not mean the club is in a better position. So why do it? Why not go down a different avenue to run the business in a more profitable way.

No it isn't the point, you have to look at the overall picture and not just 1 revenue stream and say "oh but they get £30m from blah blah" How do you know they are not going down different avenues to run the business in a more effective way? The season ticket prices just 1 of the ways in which they are looking at?

46 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Because of working in the week, I live away from Leicester so don't know any Leicester supporting mates who can sort spares etc. and weekend games are nigh on impossible to get tickets for so I play football instead, but that'd change if I could get a ST.

And nah if I'd been spending my money on watching the football since Rodgers came in I'd be more than satisfied. I'd much rather see that then the championship games that I used to go to. 

Every home game has ticket availability, weekend or otherwise. I got a ticket for Leeds on Saturday for a Leeds mate via the season ticket holder guest sale. If you want a ticket for Brentford or Crystal Palace, i can get you a couple for each match right now.

42 minutes ago, Bert said:

How do you know they don’t need it? 

Because they don't mate, come on. You're telling me that they are that skint that they need to take around 5% more off the average fan. 

If they do then someone who works in the account department needs sacking and sacking quick. 

They are only doing it because they can not because they need to. 

They have probably saved the amount they would make a season with Congerton leaving. 

Reduce the wage bill before you hit the fans pocket! We probably pay Jackapovic more than the revenue made from half the season tickets! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hejammy said:

No it isn't the point, you have to look at the overall picture and not just 1 revenue stream and say "oh but they get £30m from blah blah" How do you know they are not going down different avenues to run the business in a more effective way? The season ticket prices just 1 of the ways in which they are looking at?

But it shouldn't be one they are looking at. Especially not at the minute. It's a revenue stream that should be capped and left alone. 

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

But it shouldn't be one they are looking at. Especially not at the minute. It's a revenue stream that should be capped and left alone. 

capped forever? At what point do you cap? How about just charging people £10 for the season ticket? Or just giving them away for free?

Or how about freezing the tickets for 10 odd years and then putting a conservative price rise in after 10 years? Oh wait.....

Edited by hejammy

25 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Ok let me try and make it a bit simpler....

Point 1 : You kept referring to increased revenue in most of your posts - Revenue really doesn't mean anything

Point 2:  The wage bill as you quite rightly pointed out has ballooned in recent years - a lot of this is offset by the amount we get for TV rights, PL etc

Point 3a: The increase in season tickets would pay for 30 staff on £30k Annual Salary as you quite rightly stated

Point 3b: Over the last 10 years, do you not think that we have had to employ at LEAST 30 new staff to cover the new training facility for example? No-one is saying that this would pay for a player, but it could pay for, as you stated, non-playing, staffing costs.

No need for the alienating tone of language thanks. 

I keep referring to revenue because during the season ticket price freeze is increased at a quicker rate than the proposed 8%.

The wage bill is a decision that the club make and certainly this year have got it wrong. 

We may have employed an additional 30 plus staff but my issue is that it shouldn’t be justification of a 8% rise in season ticket prices (giving some fans a difficult decision) to the background of an additional £30 million TV payment and a wage bill inflated by the likes of Ryan Bertrand. 

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

capped forever? At what point do you cap? How about just charging people £10 for the season ticket? Or just giving them away for free?

it should be capped yes. Set a standard for the rest of the league. Show others that the fans are actually thought about.

It's works in other countries so way not do it here. 

£299 for standard season ticket. Or £399 and include every game that's played at the KP, cups, Europe women, under 23's etc. 

£30 for a home ticket - non season ticket

£20 for away ticket. 

The club would probably generate the lose of income by the good publicity they would receive. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

it should be capped yes. Set a standard for the rest of the league. Show others that the fans are actually thought about.

It's works in other countries so way not do it here. 

£299 for standard season ticket. Or £399 and include every game that's played at the KP, cups, Europe women, under 23's etc. 

£30 for a home ticket - non season ticket

£20 for away ticket. 

The club would probably generate the lose of income by the good publicity they would receive. 

Ok so let's do the maths here, 

Cap at £299 for 19 home games - around £16 per game

So now we look at the ground, depending on where you sit there is a price difference - the cheapest at the moment is £360 and most expensive (not including corporate) is £660 - so a reduction of 45%. So now if you cap the most expensive ticket at £299 you effectively have to give the cheapest tickets away at £165.

Let's take a look at the revenue difference that would bring. So at the moment lets keep a crude figure of average price of ticket is around £500 - at 22k STH that's £11m

If we were to cap at what you suggest - your average comes down to around £230 @ 22k STH is £5m - that's a £6m swing! now that is something of significance and no matter how much publicity they get - it wouldn't be £6m worth! - this doesn't even take into account the swing in match day tickets.

12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Ok so let's do the maths here, 

Cap at £299 for 19 home games - around £16 per game

So now we look at the ground, depending on where you sit there is a price difference - the cheapest at the moment is £360 and most expensive (not including corporate) is £660 - so a reduction of 45%. So now if you cap the most expensive ticket at £299 you effectively have to give the cheapest tickets away at £165.

Let's take a look at the revenue difference that would bring. So at the moment lets keep a crude figure of average price of ticket is around £500 - at 22k STH that's £11m

If we were to cap at what you suggest - your average comes down to around £230 @ 22k STH is £5m - that's a £6m swing! now that is something of significance and no matter how much publicity they get - it wouldn't be £6m worth! - this doesn't even take into account the swing in match day tickets.

£10m over a season can easily be clawed back if the wages. We have just probably spent that in agent fees in the past year! 

I see where you are coming from but the money we have just generated from FBS also has increased the revenue massively to. 

TV money has gone up, sponsorship has gone up, so way hammer the fans pockets? What would you do if the club went well OK we finished 5th two years in a row so we are going to put our tickets up to the 5th most expensive in the league? Is that fair? Where do you stop? 

Football on a whole needs regulating as its just getting completely out of hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

I refuse to feel sorry for a class that by and large are turkeys voting for Christmas. The gap between the rich and the poor grows larger and larger, which is the bigger issue at play here.

Football as well as life in general would be more affordable if people didn't keep voting for a party that continues to proactively widen the gap.

As you've mentioned yourself, the price of everything is on the rise. Why would football be any different? Football clubs are not charities.

Sound, so let's just punish everybody struggling financially by making sure they can't go to football because people in a similar situation helped get the current government elected. :rolleyes:

Football clubs aren't charities, no, but as other posters have mentioned there are plenty of other ways our football club could save money before having to shake the pockets of its fans again.

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

First point, there’s a range of products in each of those areas (think you missed the point). I’m not saying get rid of all of them. Let’s take phone contract for example, reduce from £20 a month to £10 a month … pretty basic lifestyle choice based around finances/affordability. Transport, are there more efficient ways of travelling? Public transport, bike, more economical car etc etc. 

Target, shave £3.26 off a month and put it into the ST.

I’m still not convinced that £3.26 a month is a tipping point, I’m convinced it’s emotive response to not WANTING to pay more as you’re not providing any real life examples or scenarios to counter.

My personal transport costs to get to and from games by rail have gone up by probably £100 per season overall compared to seven years ago due to the hike in fares. I'm all for more economical travelling but doing so is still expensive, and there's little to no initiative being shown by government (at any level) or English football to encourage more fans on to public transport. Contrast that with Germany, where free public transport is available to ticketholders within a certain radius of many grounds etc.

The point still remains though that people shouldn't really have to be scrimping and saving elsewhere just to pay for their afternoon out once a fortnight, because any price rise at present is simply unnecessary on the club's part. As I say, if the club are desperate to save money then there's plenty that could be done at that end.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

£10m over a season can easily be clawed back if the wages. We have just probably spent that in agent fees in the past year! 

I see where you are coming from but the money we have just generated from FBS also has increased the revenue massively to. 

TV money has gone up, sponsorship has gone up, so way hammer the fans pockets? What would you do if the club went well OK we finished 5th two years in a row so we are going to put our tickets up to the 5th most expensive in the league? Is that fair? Where do you stop? 

Football on a whole needs regulating as its just getting completely out of hand. 

Yes but they are not putting the tickets up to the 5th highest in the league are they? - and this rise after 10 years isn't really "hammering the fans pockets" - honestly I do feel for those that will be priced out genuinely, but a lot will complain about this and not want to make any sacrifices elsewhere after the club have done a lot for our football club and have frozen ticket prices for 10 years - I wonder how many other clubs have done this for that period of time?

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Sound, so let's just punish everybody struggling financially by making sure they can't go to football because people in a similar situation helped get the current government elected. :rolleyes:

Football clubs aren't charities, no, but as other posters have mentioned there are plenty of other ways our football club could save money before having to shake the pockets of its fans again.

My personal transport costs to get to and from games by rail have gone up by probably £100 per season over the course of the past seven years due to the hike in fares. I'm all for more economical travelling but doing so is still expensive, and there's little to no initiative being shown by government (at any level) or English football to encourage more fans on to public transport. Contrast that with Germany, where free public transport is available to ticketholders within a certain radius of many grounds etc.

The point still remains though that people shouldn't really have to be scrimping and saving elsewhere just to pay for their afternoon out once a fortnight, because any price rise at present is simply unnecessary on the club's part. As I say, if the club are desperate to save money then there's plenty that could be done at that end.

That statement is a bit hyperbolic and also suggests a little entitlement doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Yes but they are not putting the tickets up to the 5th highest in the league are they? - and this rise after 10 years isn't really "hammering the fans pockets" - honestly I do feel for those that will be priced out genuinely, but a lot will complain about this and not want to make any sacrifices elsewhere after the club have done a lot for our football club and have frozen ticket prices for 10 years - I wonder how many other clubs have done this for that period of time?

I think it's safe to say that if they had increased prices somewhere between 2015 and 2019, people would have been more accepting. However, with all the financial chaos of recent weeks/months and price increases left right and centre, this is the worst time to make that call and increase season tickets.

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think it's safe to say that if they had increased prices somewhere between 2015 and 2019, people would have been more accepting. However, with all the financial chaos of recent weeks/months and price increases left right and centre, this is the worst time to make that call and increase season tickets.

So a 2% increase each year over 4 years would have been OK?

Edited by hejammy

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

who knows? the 8% wasnt confirmed, no one knows what they will do. 

To be honest i dont care about other clubs. What i am saying is the club says they are in a posistion where they could come across as the good guys easily by either freezing them again or reducing them. 

They arent going to though by the sounds of things they will just get lumped in with the rest as money grabbing wan*ers. 

who knows? the 8% wasnt confirmed, no one knows what they will do. 

To be honest i dont care about other clubs. What i am saying is the club says they are in a posistion where they could come across as the good guys easily by either freezing them again or reducing them. 

They arent going to though by the sounds of things they will just get lumped in with the rest as money grabbing wan*ers. 

Honestly my only response to that last statement now can be.....:frusty::wes:

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly my only response to that last statement now can be.....:frusty::wes:

Why? they will be seen as the same as everyone else in the eyes of the world, when really that small amount extra they are going to make will look as bad as anyone else. 

Even freezing the tickets for another season whilst people struggle to fill their cars and heat their homes wouldnt be bad thing would it ? 

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

It’s tough and I really feel for fans squeezed by this, 8% is not nothing after all…

Prices inevitably have to move at some point as they’ve been frozen for years, but, the timing feels a little tricky…

Make sure you don't get splinters from sitting over there mate :giggle: - a proper politicians answer - nice one Mr Ashcroft

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Why? they will be seen as the same as everyone else in the eyes of the world, when really that small amount extra they are going to make will look as bad as anyone else. 

Even freezing the tickets for another season whilst people struggle to fill their cars and heat their homes wouldnt be bad thing would it ? 

But then next year there will be something else. Time's may infact be harder. Who knows what is around the corner. 

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Make sure you don't get splinters from sitting over there mate :giggle: - a proper politicians answer - nice one Mr Ashcroft

That’s a very fair observation by the way!

I’ll come off the fence, in the context of costs going up everywhere, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable move and I’ll continue to buy my 3 season tickets…. It’s still exceptional value…. Norwich fans are paying ~£100 a goal FFS!!!

Edited by Wolfox
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

That’s a very fair observation by the way!

I’ll come off the fence, in the context of costs going up everywhere, I don’t think it’s an unreasonable move and I’ll continue to buy my 3 season tickets…. It’s still exceptional value…. Norwich fans are paying ~£100 a goal FFS!!!

Haha - in all honesty nothing wrong with sitting on the fence with this one - it's a tough one but perhaps still a fair one.