Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

Just now, hejammy said:

Not really - having 1 less pint, or 1 less meal deal from Morrisons a month isn't really scrimping and saving is it now?

That's all dependent on what your income is! People having to make the choice over what you consider such a meagre amount (it all adds up over the course of a season) could quite possibly have already foregone those things to keep going to games. As has been said, everybody has their limit and this unnecessary increase will breach that limit for some people. That's the reality of it.

35 minutes ago, hejammy said:

So a 2% increase each year over 4 years would have been OK?

Due to compounding it would actually be slightly smaller each year but in theory, that would have been more acceptable. I still think ticket prices in general, throughout the top few leagues is way too much. As many have pointed out, the timing is awful. If anything the club should say that times are tough for everyone but because the fans are the heart and soul of the club, we will support them but not increasing ticket prices. Or even better reduce them.

I think there is a clear divide here though. Those that feel football is overpriced and does not relate to the core fans and those who just say "Yes" to everything, reach in their pocket and not think twice about it. If your finances allow it, then fair enough, pay what you want.

Currently, the price increase I can cover but there are many people that cannot do that with the squeeze on households. And I feel for them and I disagree with the pricing structure and the timing of increasing prices.

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

That's all dependent on what your income is! People having to make the choice over what you consider such a meagre amount (it all adds up over the course of a season) could quite possibly have already foregone those things to keep going to games. As has been said, everybody has their limit and this unnecessary increase will breach that limit for some people. That's the reality of it.

Honestly - how many of our fans who have season tickets would have "scrimped and saved" so much so that even having 1 less pint or 1 less meal deal would be the breaker for them? Realistically I hazardous a guess that I could maybe even count them on one hand - fair play to them and that takes some dedication. More realistic is that people won't want to make any other sacrifices - weather it's one less pint or whatever and therefore won't renew, but again how many will that be? Let's not talk about "What If's" - saying when will it stop etc etc, first rise in 10 years, that's the fact.  

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Due to compounding it would actually be slightly smaller each year but in theory, that would have been more acceptable. I still think ticket prices in general, throughout the top few leagues is way too much. As many have pointed out, the timing is awful. If anything the club should say that times are tough for everyone but because the fans are the heart and soul of the club, we will support them but not increasing ticket prices. Or even better reduce them.

I think there is a clear divide here though. Those that feel football is overpriced and does not relate to the core fans and those who just say "Yes" to everything, reach in their pocket and not think twice about it. If your finances allow it, then fair enough, pay what you want.

Currently, the price increase I can cover but there are many people that cannot do that with the squeeze on households. And I feel for them and I disagree with the pricing structure and the timing of increasing prices.

Unfortunately those that you talk about - would probably need to give up their ST regardless of any rise or not as the cost of living elsewhere has gone up so much, so really this rise will have no baring.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

I know I’m sad, but I’ve taken the liberty to present to you, what this increase actually represents. And as someone’s used the “family” example, I’ve done it across all age groups … Not the below are not monthly increases, but ANNUAL …

Adult = £39.13

65+ = £28.03

U22 = £28.83

U18 = £12.03

U16 = £9.53

U12 = £6.77

U10 = £6.53

U8 = £3.83

That’s the context … what % of our fan base are going to have to call it quits because of the above? Seriously. Taking into consideration these people are in a position currently to “afford” a season ticket. It just isn’t as big an issue as some are making out, I just refuse to believe it…

Exactly this, a family of 4 with 2 under 16's is around £8 per month, if you can afford to have 4 season tickets and have had them over the last 10 years, I'm sorry but realistically how many would now let them go for £8 IN TOTAL more a month in the grand scheme of things - especially when you are paying over £1000 more than likely for the 4 a year

• Like 2

The "it's a business" line doesn't really work - because eventually the price increase hits everyone. Say it's 8% this year - what if it had been 20%? 30% Where is your line? We all have one. If you were running it as a business you'd probably double the prices and accept a stadium under full capacity because many will just pay whatever the club tell them to.

I think the club need to be careful too. With the rise of streaming services and the fact that you can watch us on TV more often now there will probably be a fair few people who take that option instead. 

Not saying there should never be an increase but I'd like to see some open honesty from the club on this and be transparent about future years too. I think 2% for 4 years would be better than 8% now but if the 8% came with an agreed price freeze time period then that would be more palatable. 

9 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

The "it's a business" line doesn't really work - because eventually the price increase hits everyone. Say it's 8% this year - what if it had been 20%? 30% Where is your line? We all have one. If you were running it as a business you'd probably double the prices and accept a stadium under full capacity because many will just pay whatever the club tell them to.

I think the club need to be careful too. With the rise of streaming services and the fact that you can watch us on TV more often now there will probably be a fair few people who take that option instead. 

Not saying there should never be an increase but I'd like to see some open honesty from the club on this and be transparent about future years too. I think 2% for 4 years would be better than 8% now but if the 8% came with an agreed price freeze time period then that would be more palatable. 

An annual increase is far worse, that works out more expensive than a big bang. 2% increase over 4 years works out more expensive than a one off 8% rise every 4 years.

I personally think premier league clubs will long continue to sell out seats regardless of streaming. Going to elite level football is an experience thing, instagrammable, corporate-friendly, fashionable, an easy way to show off to people you dont like and who dont like you etc etc. Who doesnt want a facebook tag with the palace ultras in their black shirts and facemasks!! People lap up all of that sh1t. Anyway, would be funny if there's a only negligible rise in prices after all this.

25 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I know I’m sad, but I’ve taken the liberty to present to you, what this increase actually represents. And as someone’s used the “family” example, I’ve done it across all age groups … Note the below are not monthly increases, but ANNUAL

Adult = £39.13

65+ = £28.03

U22 = £28.83

U18 = £12.03

U16 = £9.53

U12 = £6.77

U10 = £6.53

U8 = £3.83

That’s the context … what % of our fan base are going to have to call it quits because of the above? Seriously. Taking into consideration these people are in a position currently to “afford” a season ticket. It just isn’t as big an issue as some are making out, I just refuse to believe it…

26 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly - how many of our fans who have season tickets would have "scrimped and saved" so much so that even having 1 less pint or 1 less meal deal would be the breaker for them? Realistically I hazardous a guess that I could maybe even count them on one hand - fair play to them and that takes some dedication. More realistic is that people won't want to make any other sacrifices - weather it's one less pint or whatever and therefore won't renew, but again how many will that be? Let's not talk about "What If's" - saying when will it stop etc etc, first rise in 10 years, that's the fact.  

Fair enough, lads. Just hope someone's around to defend you should you ever reach your limit... :)

• Like 1

There is no need to do it this season whilst the world is going to shit. That is why people are annoyed. If they could justify the 8% or what ever it may be then fine but honestly the club can't they are just doing it because they can. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The pure revenue of the club actually increased last year to the second highest in the clubs history. 

The running costs are higher because the poor management of the wage bill. 

I suspect the new training facility (incidentally Thomas Choudry,Barnes and KDH came through the old academy) might have pushed costs up a bit….what part of the club lost £30m don’t you understand?

58 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

An annual increase is far worse, that works out more expensive than a big bang. 2% increase over 4 years works out more expensive than a one off 8% rise every 4 years.

I personally think premier league clubs will long continue to sell out seats regardless of streaming. Going to elite level football is an experience thing, instagrammable, corporate-friendly, fashionable, an easy way to show off to people you dont like and who dont like you etc etc. Who doesnt want a facebook tag with the palace ultras in their black shirts and facemasks!! People lap up all of that sh1t. Anyway, would be funny if there's a only negligible rise in prices after all this.

Would be marginally more than 8% after 4 years but you'd have had 3 years of paying less and would be up in £ at the end of those 4 years (and that's not discounting back for inflation). Also wouldn't have all hit at a time of a major cost of living crisis. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I wondered this when I saw the thread this morning. Nothing official confirmed far as I can see?

As per usual folk aren't prepared to wait until there is a formal announcement is made from the Club. Keep guessing!!

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Would be marginally more than 8% after 4 years but you'd have had 3 years of paying less and would be up in £ at the end of those 4 years (and that's not discounting back for inflation). Also wouldn't have all hit at a time of a major cost of living crisis. 

You'd be a fair chunk down in total at year 5 under that system of annual 2% increases, hence compounding is the 8th wonder of the world. Yeh obvs can't predict what inflation will do, and we can all agree this is the WORST timing

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

I suspect the new training facility (incidentally Thomas Choudry,Barnes and KDH came through the old academy) might have pushed costs up a bit….what part of the club lost £30m don’t you understand?

The new training facility is being paid for via a long term loan with King Power. 

The club have lost £30million because as @stadt has superbly illustrated our wage bill control is absolutely appalling.