Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

Yet again, it is a case of not being ungrateful but being more efficient with the money being spent. Feel free to disagree, but I think that most would sacrifice the free warm can of beer we occasionally get for a freeze in ticket prices. Or as above, we could bin the clappers off because they are terrible, cost money and are awful for the environment. 

Of course we have fantastic owners, that is undisputed but pricing fans out should be avoided at all costs - especially when ticket revenue makes up a small chunk of the money.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Even with the price increase our season tickets are still around the 6th most affordable in the Prem (if other clubs don't also increase their prices)

https://www.givemesport.com/1736142-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-season-ticket-prices-of-premier-leagues-20-clubs

Clubs most affordable season tickets for this season:

West Ham - £320

Manchester City - £325

Leeds United - £349

Leicester City - £365 - £394.20 after 8% price increase

Aston Villa - £370

Burnley - £390

Southampton - £399

Newcastle United - £417

Brentford - £419

Everton - £420

Crystal Palace - £435

Watford - £496

Norwich City - £499

Manchester United - £532

Brighton - £545

Wolves - £549

Chelsea - £595

Liverpool - £685

Tottenham - £807

Arsenal - £891

And that justifies our increase how? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Even with the price increase our season tickets are still around the 6th most affordable in the Prem (if other clubs don't also increase their prices)

https://www.givemesport.com/1736142-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-season-ticket-prices-of-premier-leagues-20-clubs

Clubs most affordable season tickets for this season:

West Ham - £320

Manchester City - £325

Leeds United - £349

Leicester City - £365 - £394.20 after 8% price increase

Aston Villa - £370

Burnley - £390

Southampton - £399

Newcastle United - £417

Brentford - £419

Everton - £420

Crystal Palace - £435

Watford - £496

Norwich City - £499

Manchester United - £532

Brighton - £545

Wolves - £549

Chelsea - £595

Liverpool - £685

Tottenham - £807

Arsenal - £891

Burnley at £390 is mental lol. And what are wolves doing!!

47 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Apparently going up quite a-bit. So in this shit time in the world where everything is going up massively the club decide this is the right time to put them up. You can’t say anything because you get a mince pie and a can of foster. 

Bloody hell, I’ve always defended the owners and thought they were brilliant. This has completely changed my view of them.

I can’t believe they make you drink Fosters. Time to go!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I actually think the club are in for a big shock if they think the stadium will be full everyweek post-expansion if they are putting the ticket prices up significantly. 

Not sure. Think it’ll still be full of current premier league status continues. There’s a decent season ticket waiting list I think, plus lots of the new seating will surely be corporate friendly. That means more commercial partners to sign on and give free seats too 

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Lucky you. 

Exactly this. Once you start x by 4 for families. It's just another kick in the teeth. I really hope some of this feedback gets back to the club and they have second thoughts. None of us want to go back to the dour championship days but at the same time if we are losing 30 million a season on a regular basis we need to look to in house costs 1st. Not milking the fans to make a minimal indent.

Only mentioned my ticket in that, I don't go on my own. I know there are more expensive tickets available.. the same as children's are cheaper than mine.

Just when the change in price is a pint a month...its not much. But then it's not really making too much of a difference to the clubs budget over the year either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’d also level the state of our wage bill before the club start to eek more money out of supporters. 

This is the biggest issue for me. The club talk about being self sustainable but we keep paying wages we can't afford. Our wages to turnover ratio is a disgrace. Now I've loved these good times as much as the next man. But the amount I've spunked following our club in recent years isn't sustainable for many.

Yet we are paying huge wages when we aren't bringing that money in. Charging the fans a few quid more a month isn't gonna solve the core issue. 

• Like 3

It's a difficult one from a business perspective. I can't even remember the last time we had an increase which is good. The increase will probably still be below inflation within that time period.

BUT, if you believe football clubs should be run with strong morals it's terrible timing and some people may genuinely have to give up their tickets. Particularly families etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Bloody hell, I’ve always defended the owners and thought they were brilliant. This has completely changed my view of them.

I can’t believe they make you drink Fosters. Time to go!

No offence it doesn’t effect you in the slightest. How about the people who fork out every season in season tickets and away tickets ? 

2 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

This is the biggest issue for me. The club talk about being self sustainable but we keep paying wages we can't afford. Our wages to turnover ratio is a disgrace. Now I've loved these good times as much as the next man. But the amount I've spunked following our club in recent years isn't sustainable for many.

Yet we are paying huge wages when we aren't bringing that money in. Charging the fans a few quid more a month isn't gonna solve the core issue. 

Yeah. My eyes watered when I read that recent financial report. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

No offence it doesn’t effect you in the slightest. How about the people who fork out every season in season tickets and away tickets ? 

My apologies, just trying to offer a bit of a light hearted joke. I have no opinion on the price rise and avoided making any comment about the issue itself. Just feel a bit sorry for anyone drinking Fosters… even if it’s free.

• Thanks 1

Without wanting to sound insensitive, if this is really bothering you, I hope you never have to buy a train season ticket.

Prices rise. If you're a home owner, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if your property was valued today the same as it was 5 years ago.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Without wanting to sound insensitive, if this is really bothering you, I hope you never have to buy a train season ticket.

Prices rise. If you're a home owner, I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if your property was valued today the same as it was 5 years ago.

What a strange argument. How is my house price relevant? My mortgage payment is still the same however much my house is worth :thumbup:

And even if I sell my house the next house I buy has a relevant cost. I'm not looking to change my football club :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What have house prices got to do with football clubs increasing prices for fans whilst paying their players and staff mental wages? 

Paying the prices for players and staff and season ticket costs are 2 seperate issues. You pay the going rate. For example do you complain about how much Patterson is getting paid to be Batman when going to the cinema?