Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

Just now, hejammy said:

Paying the prices for players and staff and season ticket costs are 2 seperate issues. You pay the going rate. For example do you complain about how much Patterson is getting paid to be Batman when going to the cinema? 

Don’t go to the cinema so no

6 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

What a strange argument. How is my house price relevant? My mortgage payment is still the same however much my house is worth :thumbup:

And even if I sell my house the next house I buy has a relevant cost. I'm not looking to change my football club :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What have house prices got to do with football clubs increasing prices for fans whilst paying their players and staff mental wages? 

Because they rise, like the majority of things.

I notice you didn't jump on the train ticket comparison lol

People will still be queuing up to pay it.

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

Tone deaf timing. People are getting hammered on rising energy prices and the cost of other basics, most notably food, will rise significantly in the coming months as wheat and other commodity prices are sky-rocketing. Of course for the majority of people the last thing to rise is wages to cover that cost. 

As others have said the extra money the club will raise from doing this is trivial. 

Edited by ttfn

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Because they rise, like the majority of things.

I notice you didn't jump on the train ticket comparison lol

People will still be queuing up to pay it.

I cant comment on rail season tickets as I don't have one, but then the people I do know that do are paid a handsome ransom as well so I guess it depends if you see 8k for a 6 figure salary as a result. And then I guess if you have a 6 figure salary then you can afford as many season tickets as you like.

Dam I just had an opinion. I'm out lol

• Sad 1

I suspect if these rumours are true it's a means to soften the blow when the prices are announced for season tickets in the redeveloped East stand. From the survey that went out a few years back the price bandings they were sense checking seemed like a significant jump from current prices. I can remember thinking at the time that I'd be willing to pay a couple of hundred extra on my ticket for improved facilities/environment if it meant I could buy an additional ticket to enable me to take my child to games but if I recall correctly the suggestions were more in line with season ticket prices at London clubs which was quite surprising. 

Edited by ian__marshall

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If your season ticket is 400 quid, it'll rise by £32 if the 8% rumours is true.

That's 3 packets of fags or 6 pints. Across a whole year. 

The club are hardly depriving anyone of anything.

You’ve got this one all wrong man 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Nah he's the sort of fan the club want. Accept everything. Question nothing and come up with strange reasonings to justify it. Infact maybe he's on the marketing team.

Oh really? I'm pleased you know so much about me.

Just accept everything? Like everyone's happy to accept the free pints/scarves and was happy to accept the season ticket price freeze year after year?

Had they increased prices by 1.5% a year, you wouldn't have blinked an eyelid.

Grow up, the owners are running a business, do you not think their basic general costs have risen too?

Like it or not, the owners owe us nothing.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If your season ticket is 400 quid, it'll rise by £32 if the 8% rumours is true.

That's 3 packets of fags or 6 pints. Across a whole year. 

The club are hardly depriving anyone of anything.

Bloody hell mate £5.50 a pint? Get down spoons you get at least 10 pints 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Oh really? I'm pleased you know so much about me.

Just accept everything? Like everyone's happy to accept the free pints/scarves and was happy to accept the season ticket price freeze year after year?

Had they increased prices by 1.5% a year, you wouldn't have blinked an eyelid.

Grow up, the owners are running a business, do you not think their basic general costs have risen too?

Like it or not, the owners owe us nothing.

Those cost have risen because of decisions they made. And no quite frankly I find the clappers, the free cans of warm piss, the wank jesters hats all a little cringe to be honest. I guess if they sacked them off I've saved them half a million season. Job done.

I never suggested the owners owed us **** all but as I've pointed out several times. It's terrible timing and makes **** all dent in the losses. Need to look elsewhere to make real savings not the fans pockets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bayfox said:

Those cost have risen because of decisions they made. And no quite frankly I find the clappers, the free cans of warm piss, the wank jesters hats all a little cringe to be honest. I guess if they sacked them off I've saved them half a million season. Job done.

I never suggested the owners owed us **** all but as I've pointed out several times. It's terrible timing and makes **** all dent in the losses. Need to look elsewhere to make real savings not the fans pockets.

Are you the type of guy who complains about getting a paper cut from a £20 note a friend let you borrow? Seems like it 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Are you the type of guy who complains about getting a paper cut from a £20 note a friend let you borrow? Seems like it 

Dunno mate never borrowed a 20 and ain't they all plastic nowdays.

50s however :thumbup:

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Apparently going up quite a-bit. So in this shit time in the world where everything is going up massively the club decide this is the right time to put them up. You can’t say anything because you get a mince pie and a can of foster. 

Sorry if I've missed the reply but have you heard something or have you gone off twitter today?

Just now, Ashley said:

Sorry if I've missed the reply but have you heard something or have you gone off twitter today?

8% was muted at the FCC last month. Not sure if the notes have now gone out and word has started to spread. But that's the source I believe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Pretty sure at the last FCC Meeting the use of clappers came into question. In that they'll be offered at turnstiles instead of on each seat. 

Should just be binned off completely. The people who really want to use them should just bring their own from the years of having collected them. We as a club should be doing our bit for the environment aswell. 

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I have more of an issue if they put individual match tickets up, season ticket prices are reasonable.

But the individual price are over priced.

And I'm saying that as a season ticket holder who isnt affect by individual ticket prices.

Aren’t individual match tickets around £30 odd? Personally I think that’s ok for the most elite level of the most popular sport in the world. Regularly pay more for the theatre, gigs are wildly expensive now too. It’s all a con job

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Aren’t individual match tickets around £30 odd? Personally I think that’s ok for the most elite level of the most popular sport in the world. Regularly pay more for the theatre, gigs are wildly expensive now too. It’s all a con job

Adults are anywhere from £30-47 depending on the match and where you sit. 

Went to the spurs game a few weeks ago and it was roughly £75 for me and my dad (an under 21 & an adult). Didn’t sit anywhere fancy- we were in C1

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

Great timing by the club. Great owners but they take the piss a bit. 50 quid for a kids shirt, 20 quid for a hat,  5 quid a pint. All getting a bit out of hand. Then there paying wages they can't afford. 

They’re charging £5.30 a pint of Chang