Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

42 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Tone deaf timing. People are getting hammered on rising energy prices and the cost of other basics, most notably food, will rise significantly in the coming months as wheat and other commodity prices are sky-rocketing. Of course for the majority of people the last thing to rise is wages to cover that cost. 

As others have said the extra money the club will raise from doing this is trivial. 

Said better than I can. 

Id rather not have the ‘free’ beer, cake or whatever 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

If people are "happy" to pay more they should just make a donation to the club off their own backs.

Many of your fellow fans aren't fortunate enough to make a choice on whether they're "happy" to spend more on tickets or not.

Whilst I get this statement to an extent, is this not being over exaggerated? 

For context, a 8% hike would equate to approx £36 more a season for me, about £3.60 a month … it’s a pint. Not 10 pints, if you cut your boozing down by a SINGLE pint once a month you’re sorted, no impact, its bugger all tbf.

I’d genuinely love to do a cost analysis on those complaining to see where I could help with them making better financial decisions to support the £4 a month “hike”. 

• Like 2

Think a rise in season ticket prices is quite distasteful. Had one for 16 years, paying by Direct debit makes it easier, especially as a student. For football owners they are tremendous, but as billionaires they’re quite similar to the others in how the club is run commercially. Essentially detached!

Edited by westernpark
Reasoning why the owners are the same as others

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Even with the price increase our season tickets are still around the 6th most affordable in the Prem (if other clubs don't also increase their prices)

https://www.givemesport.com/1736142-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-season-ticket-prices-of-premier-leagues-20-clubs

Clubs most affordable season tickets for this season:

West Ham - £320

Manchester City - £325

Leeds United - £349

Leicester City - £365 - £394.20 after 8% price increase

Aston Villa - £370

Burnley - £390

Southampton - £399

Newcastle United - £417

Brentford - £419

Everton - £420

Crystal Palace - £435

Watford - £496

Norwich City - £499

Manchester United - £532

Brighton - £545

Wolves - £549

Chelsea - £595

Liverpool - £685

Tottenham - £807

Arsenal - £891

Not the fairest comparison these sort of lists though. It doesn’t really illustrate quantity of those affordable season tickets. Fairly sure those £365 STs are those awkward corner seats coming out of the main stand. 

Theres never really a right time, had I happened over the last 2 years people would complain about covid job losses, furlough etc.. (assuming it hasn’t.. not a ST holder so no idea)

They should reduce some of the crap like clappers etc, on the donut and beers I don’t know who pays for that, is it the club or the owner as some form of gift.

If I recall the idea, is that club is self sustained so reducing so overheads would help, but effectively just like us the cost of running the club has gone up, e.g. electricity, policing etc... so it feels like it’s inevitable. I feel for anyone who seriously has to consider not going due to the price rise but to continue to be more sustainable I guess it has to happen.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Because they rise, like the majority of things.

I notice you didn't jump on the train ticket comparison lol

People will still be queuing up to pay it.

I don’t think they will be with the financial 12 months we’re gonna have coming up, those who generally don’t have a lot of spare cash are going to have to make sacrifices and football is an easy one to do. 

For what it’s worth, we were due a price hike and I think our tickets are still pretty cheap. I’d rather they cut down on the clappers though, save a few quid a match and pass that saving onto the ST holders. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

6 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Whilst I get this statement to an extent, is this not being over exaggerated? 

For context, a 8% hike would equate to approx £36 more a season for me, about £3.60 a month … it’s a pint. Not 10 pints, if you cut your boozing down by a SINGLE pint once a month you’re sorted, no impact, its bugger all tbf.

I’d genuinely love to do a cost analysis on those complaining to see where I could help with them making better financial decisions to support the £4 a month “hike”. 

As an individual in one of the proper reasonably priced seats, it doesn’t seem a lot. 

However you consider it for a family - and in some cases those children as well may be subject to a price increase dependent on age, it’s a fair wedge. The likelihood with a family as well is that they will need feeding, transport etc (in a fortunate position myself to walk to and from the KP). So it’s another affect into an already expensive event for a family. 

I mentioned to a mate at the weekend and he said it would probably irk his Dad whose about hit over 65s category as the price dip he was expecting would literally disappear at the same time his income is significantly reduced. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shram said:

Theres never really a right time, had I happened over the last 2 years people would complain about covid job losses, furlough etc.. (assuming it hasn’t.. not a ST holder so no idea)

They should reduce some of the crap like clappers etc, on the donut and beers I don’t know who pays for that, is it the club or the owner as some form of gift.

If I recall the idea, is that club is self sustained so reducing so overheads would help, but effectively just like us the cost of running the club has gone up, e.g. electricity, policing etc... so it feels like it’s inevitable. I feel for anyone who seriously has to consider not going due to the price rise but to continue to be more sustainable I guess it has to happen.

The clubs running costs will have definately gone up but so has the amount of money they get From TV deals. 

Edited by adam

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

As an individual in one of the proper reasonably priced seats, it doesn’t seem a lot. 

However you consider it for a family - and in some cases those children as well may be subject to a price increase dependent on age, it’s a fair wedge. The likelihood with a family as well is that they will need feeding, transport etc (in a fortunate position myself to walk to and from the KP). So it’s another affect into an already expensive event for a family. 

I mentioned to a mate at the weekend and he said it would probably irk his Dad whose about hit over 65s category as the price dip he was expecting would literally disappear at the same time his income is significantly reduced. 

Yeah, again I get most of the sentiment here. But there’s relatively straightforward actions that can help “net” out any impact of what really is a minor price increase.

Food for the kids, make it at home and smuggle it in. Transport, yes will cost us all more for the foreseeable future so consider public transport if a more affordable and viable option, car shares etc. 

I agree the timing isn’t great but then I don’t think it ever would be welcomed tbf.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Shram said:

Yes and the TV money will go up as well. The new cycle of international TV deals will see Premier League clubs revenue in that area increase by 30%

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/report-premier-league-tv-rights-revenue-to-pass-uk10bn-over-next-three-years/

Staggering sums of money which can cover those outgoings you mention and have significant change from it 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Yeah, again I get most of the sentiment here. But there’s relatively straightforward actions that can help “net” out any impact of what really is a minor price increase.

Food for the kids, make it at home and smuggle it in. Transport, yes will cost us all more for the foreseeable future so consider public transport if a more affordable and viable option, car shares etc. 

I agree the timing isn’t great but then I don’t think it ever would be welcomed tbf.

Why should a family have to make their own sarnies at home though just so they can still afford to support the greed of the Premier league. 

The other way to view this “price hike” is that we have all been benefitting from watching top level football, including an unimaginable Premier League triumph, a team finishing in the top 5 and a team performing at a level meaning 3 seasons of European football …. All at the price of a Championship level team!!!!

When you take the natural emotive response away and look at the above, you probably start to realise just how lucky (and how grateful) we are!!!

• Like 1

Whilst I appreciate that prices have remained static for some time an  8% increase will hit some hard, especially those who go as a family. It’s not just the cost of the ticket that has to be factored in but all the associated expense of going to a game. With the experience of empty stadiums in the recent past we were told how important it is to have supporters at the game but for me these price rises increase the sense of disconnect I have with top level football. If only there could be a fairer distribution of the wealth that the game generates (eg by a price cap on all tickets) rather than funnelling it to already obscenely wealthy players, owners and agents. 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Why should a family have to make their own sarnies at home though just so they can still afford to support the greed of the Premier league. 

Well if that’s too big a sacrifice to make, then don’t renew … seriously, a home made sandwich…

I suppose a pack of fags or a pint is far too much to ask too? Choices, we all make them and there are options I’m sure for most, if they choose them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

The other way to view this “price hike” is that we have all been benefitting from watching top level football, including an unimaginable Premier League triumph, a team finishing in the top 5 and a team performing at a level meaning 3 seasons of European football …. All at the price of a Championship level team!!!!

When you take the natural emotive response away and look at the above, you probably start to realise just how lucky (and how grateful) we are!!!

And that success has also come with a significant amount of prize money, additional TV revenue, international rights, better sponsorship deals, increased merchandise sales. 

The revenue of the club during that/this period of success has risen substantially. 

As I’ve just posted, every PL clubs is due a 30% rise in TV money over the next three seasons. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

And that success has also come with a significant amount of prize money, additional TV revenue, international rights, better sponsorship deals, increased merchandise sales. 

The revenue of the club during that/this period of success has risen substantially. 

And we, the match going fan, have benefitted incredibly from a hugely discounted rate since our promotion into the Prem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

Well if that’s too big a sacrifice to make, then don’t renew … seriously, a home made sandwich…

I suppose a pack of fags or a pint is far too much to ask too? Choices, we all make them and there are options I’m sure for most, if they choose them.

Why should they have to. With my shit maths the club are gonna make less than a million quid out of this increase. Surely they are not that hard up that they need to irritate a section of the fan base with this increase. It's pure greed. 

Club has just gone through covid too

The King Power duty free has been crippled by no flights for two years

Football club has just lost £30m

Can’t see that the clubs running costs haven’t gone up,significantly.

Season tickets have been pegged back for a long time.

8% will be lower than inflation by August

The club has a choice regards a fair price to watch the team

The fans have a choice whether they pay it or not

Clappers per item, will be pence, and we only get two a month,the saving is negligible.

Suggestions regards lowering staff wages to protect ticket prices are nothing short of madness…try it in your own workplace tomorrow, see how it goes

• Like 4