Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which is vastly, vastly, vastly peanuts sums of money considering the increase in finance coming to the club.

For example, if we take the average season ticket price as £600 at 27,000 ST holders, that’s £16.2 million. An 8% increase gives just short of £17.5 million. An additional income

of £1.3 million. 

By contrast, broadcasting rights for the PL on the last accounts were worth £142 million once deducting deferral costs from the lockdown. If that’s further increased by 30%, that’s an additional income of over £40 million by the club. 

To contextualise that additional income from ticketing alone, it would pay for 30 weeks of a players salary of £40k a week. 

I understand that, but it’s an “easy” £1.3m a season. £1.3m a season is a lot of money in any walk of life, so purely from a business perspective, why wouldn’t you want it? And you can also factor in that increased price into the additional 8k seats going into the East Stand in a couple of seasons.

13 minutes ago, adam said:

It's greed. They no they will get away with it and they no they will have folk like you banging your clapper about and never hearing a bad word said about the owners. 

The greed of the overpaid players, managers and agents, which is where 90% of the billions pumped into the EPL has ended up. Taking a small % off the players annual payrises would more than cover the increase in revenue gained from increase ticket prices. The owners have put in far more than they will ever gain financially from the club. 

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I understand that, but it’s an “easy” £1.3m a season. £1.3m a season is a lot of money in any walk of life, so purely from a business perspective, why wouldn’t you want it? And you can also factor in that increased price into the additional 8k seats going into the East Stand in a couple of seasons.

That it’s an easy cash in shouldn’t be the reasoning. Particularly when it’s the people/fans/customers who were willing to literally provide the biggest form of income when we were in the Championship. For example, broadcasting rights were £6 to 7 million. 

An easy cash in would also be getting rid of your manager whose paid a hideously high wage for someone of equal ability but for half of the cost? That saves £5 million 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, adam said:

It's greed. They no they will get away with it and they no they will have folk like you banging your clapper about and never hearing a bad word said about the owners. 

The owner makes nothing from LCFC, so I'm not sure it can be greed.

Since our return to the PL they are ranked 6th on owner investment in that time.

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Its like saying if you earned £25k a year you wouldn't bother doing something that made you £100 as it was such a small percentage of £25k

Like with any business, they need multiple revenue streams. Some more than others but in the end it all adds up. 

Football is not any business. 

And your example isn’t comparable. If you earned £25k a year, that £100 would mean something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That it’s an easy cash in shouldn’t be the reasoning. Particularly when it’s the people/fans/customers who were willing to literally provide the biggest form of income when we were in the Championship. For example, broadcasting rights were £6 to 7 million. 

An easy cash in would also be getting rid of your manager whose paid a hideously high wage for someone of equal ability but for half of the cost? That saves £5 million 

Depend how much you have to pay him off. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Oh yea great idea, life is so simple why didn't the hierarchy that be think of that..

:doh:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depend how much you have to pay him off. 

Agreed but I’m just saying if the motivation is solely we need to ‘make more money’ then better control of the wage bill is far more efficient way of doing so 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

The greed of the overpaid players, managers and agents, which is where 90% of the billions pumped into the EPL has ended up. Taking a small % off the players annual payrises would more than cover the increase in revenue gained from increase ticket prices. The owners have put in far more than they will ever gain financially from the club. 

Fans are the first to slate their clubs for not pushing expenditure on players to the maximum. You reckon if we stopped buying players and drastically cut the wages that we'd be happy with the club creaming money off and not question the ambition?

We demand this, we are part of the problem albeit our revenue we give them isn't what drives the clubs future anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Football is not any business. 

And your example isn’t comparable. If you earned £25k a year, that £100 would mean something. 

Yes sorry £1.3m is about 0.85% of £142m

So the right comparison would be £212 not £100. Makes my argument stronger so thank you for that. 

• Haha 1

I didnt say it was the reasoning but it’s an easy win from a business perspective. Whether you like it or not, the club has a fan base of X and only Y amount of seats in the stadium, this would have all been planned out in co-ordination with the expansion (and fan surveys done at the time).

There may be some “collateral” with some fans not willing to make their sandwiches at home, but the truth is, another fan will come in and replace them who doesn’t mind buttering the bread in the kitchen.

Morally, does the club have a case to answer … I don’t think so considering prices haven’t increased since promotion (when I absolutely expected them to).

• Like 1

Agreed but I’m just saying if the motivation is solely we need to ‘make more money’ then better control of the wage bill is far more efficient way of doing so 

100%, but I imagine it about a little be here and a little bit there, wages, sponsors, ticket prices, cost cutting etc.

We have lost 120m in the last 3 years, some of that is down to COVID but we can't continue to lose that sort of money.

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Yes sorry £1.3m is about 0.85% of £142m

So the right comparison would be £212 not £100. Makes my argument stronger so thank you for that. 

If you were earning £25k, £100 would represent nearly 5% of your month income. 

Last year the club made £225 million in revenue which is to (grow in one area by additional 30% - approx £42. Million next season), the additional increase of season tickets would lead to an increase in revenues below 1%

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

100%, but I imagine it about a little be here and a little bit there, wages, sponsors, ticket prices, cost cutting etc.

We have lost 120m in the last 3 years, some of that is down to COVID but we can't continue to lose that sort of money.

It’s largely through the terrible wage bill control. Revenues increased last year even without fans. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I didnt say it was the reasoning but it’s an easy win from a business perspective. Whether you like it or not, the club has a fan base of X and only Y amount of seats in the stadium, this would have all been planned out in co-ordination with the expansion (and fan surveys done at the time).

There may be some “collateral” with some fans not willing to make their sandwiches at home, but the truth is, another fan will come in and replace them who doesn’t mind buttering the bread in the kitchen.

Morally, does the club have a case to answer … I don’t think so considering prices haven’t increased since promotion (when I absolutely expected them to).

The extension will be make or break for King Power as owners in my opinion. It’s a legacy project needed to some extent but as showcased by tomorrow nights ticket sales, it’s not going to be easy. As another poster pointed out the corporate facilities will be the real winner in the new stand 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Can't help but feel this is a material thing to get some more money in after the ground being shut to fans for 17 months rather than desperately getting more cash in.

As has been said, sort the wage bill out, don't pay the manager as much, cut the costs for clappers and the like and fans will see us getting our house in some sort of order.

PR is a big thing and you need to justify what you do and, sorry, I just can't see it right now.

• Like 1