Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Season tickets 2022/2023 (going up)

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The extension will be make or break for King Power as owners in my opinion. It’s a legacy project needed to some extent but as showcased by tomorrow nights ticket sales, it’s not going to be easy. As another poster pointed out the corporate facilities will be the real winner in the new stand 

I dont think the extension will make it break KP, it’ll be the on field success as we’ve already seen our fickle fan base don’t turn up for some games and then moan when they can’t get tickets to games they would like

to.

Just done a quick calc on Adult season tkt prices, average across the 12 Adult pricing ranges is £489, 8% would be a £39 increase which works out to £3.26 a month. 

£3.26 a month

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Boils my piss when I have to pay that everytime booking tickets. Occasionally its 3 separate times incase the tickets sell out at a different priority. So sometimes an extra £4.50 and for what?!

And they don’t even have to print the ticket off, i did that for them at home takes the pee

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

If people are "happy" to pay more they should just make a donation to the club off their own backs.

Many of your fellow fans aren't fortunate enough to make a choice on whether they're "happy" to spend more on tickets or not.

Too bad. Nobody has a God given right to be there, and you'd have a point if Leicester's season ticket prices weren't so competitive for Premier League football. 

There are much higher price increases in life right now that might not be so crippling for the working classes if they voted differently. Excuse my lack of sympathy.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Although this is going off on a tangent, if fans don't want us to sell our successful players and they want us to keep progressing each year and improving the squad, then how do you do it without pushing the expenditure to the maximum?

You cannot do it all, we have a large wages to turnover ratio and the ability to try and recruit a few players each year by cashing in on a high value asset and replace them with more on reduced initial wages. This also usually sees several successful players get pay increases used from the cash resource.

Yet fans have criticised our approach of selling the likes of Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. That we'll never compete at the top by doing so, so I repat how do we pay for it or do we expect those successful highly sought after players to keep extending their deals here for equal or less money than they joined us on? 

I do think we have to reign it in a bit, we've got the training ground being paid off still somewhere along the way and the stadium expansion. We didn't sell anyone last summer and yet we brought in £55m of new players and have recently extended Ricardo, Justin and Fofana's deals. So all things being equal the envelope is being pushed and pushed. Its time to cash in and start to recruit young and unproven players on smaller wages with the ability to increase as they succeed. The likes of Brennan Johnson, Levi Colwill and Calvin Ramsay etc. We also need to stop signing perceived PL experience on 70-80k a week like Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand have likely stung us. Too many ordinary squad players on too much money. I'd rather we lack experience but have more ability and less financial restriction. Maybe that would make the club reconsider thr way they price off the field activities too.

You've more patience than I do in explaining the ways of the world for people that don't like thinking for themselves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I dont think the extension will make it break KP, it’ll be the on field success as we’ve already seen our fickle fan base don’t turn up for some games and then moan when they can’t get tickets to games they would like

to.

Just done a quick calc on Adult season tkt prices, average across the 12 Adult pricing ranges is £489, 8% would be a £39 increase which works out to £3.26 a month. 

£3.26 a month

I think it’s important to contextualise what £3.26 means … already gave the analogy of eating at home or taking pre-prepared food to games, its less than a pack of fags a month, it’s one pint a month, its 20mins work on National minimum wage for an adult (£9.50). 

I don’t know, I genuinely don’t see where the impact hits? Maybe I’m missing something but it’s a nominal increase at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

to.

£3.26 a month

And I'll repeat myself again. X it by 4 that 156 quid a year at a time when many are struggling. You find breaking it down to 3 quid a month acceptable yet think the 897k a season that makes the club that turned over several million makes any sense? They need to start cutting cloth accordingly.

As has been pointed out numerous times. Just **** off the clappers and freebies and I'm sure they can save that sort of money..

• Like 1

Im finding this uproar all a bit self entitled really.

Am I right in saying that this is the first ST increase since we before we got promoted? 

My L Block ST was £450 a year from memory in our survival season and probably from the Sousa years too. If there hasn’t been an increase since 2015 and it now goes up by 8%/£36 then that equates to a £5 increase per season. That’s one less flat Carlsberg a whole season.

Its minimal increases really

Im as worried as the next person with the gas and electric hikes, as well as the ridiculous diesel increases. None of these bills will ever come back down in cost again (unless we start fracking 👀

Going to the football though is a luxury. We all want things in life we can’t afford or have to work a bit harder for.
People have been priced out of going to the football for years before this too (lots of people found £450 a season too much even though it’s actually brilliant value for what we’ve witnessed) 

It might seem as poor timing by the club, but LCFC fans have got away scot-free for the best part of a decade without a rise. My Forest mate (A Block) if anyone wants to price compare couldn’t believe how little we pay in comparison to his ST when you compare what each club has been doing the last 10 years. 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, hejammy said:

Yes sorry £1.3m is about 0.85% of £142m

So the right comparison would be £212 not £100. Makes my argument stronger so thank you for that. 

But you wouldn't take the £212 if it potentially could damage future earnings. You've already seen this season that there have been more and more empty seats in the ground. This small increase may be enough for some folk to jack it in. 

6 minutes ago, adam said:

But you wouldn't take the £212 if it potentially could damage future earnings. You've already seen this season that there have been more and more empty seats in the ground. This small increase may be enough for some folk to jack it in. 

Like others have said, they are in the driving seat. Where some may jack it in, others will be there to snap up the tickets. Likeways there will be fans out there who cannot afford the season ticket or match day tickets before the rise. It sucks but also it's life. 

Bit piss off a few this comment but an awful lot of validation for the price increase seems to be, ‘well I can afford it, so it’s okay’ 

I can’t emphasis enough. The club will receive £30 million more in TV revenue next season! £30 million!

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bit piss off a few this comment but an awful lot of validation for the price increase seems to be, ‘well I can afford it, so it’s okay’ 

I can’t emphasis enough. The club will receive £30 million more in TV revenue next season! £30 million!

OK well if you are going to say how much they'll receive then how about mentioning how much they'll spend on wages, bills, new players etc. Turnover means nothing 

Just now, hejammy said:

OK well if you are going to say how much they'll receive then how about mentioning how much they'll spend on wages, bills, new players etc. Turnover means nothing 

I have early posted how poorly managed the wage bill is. I literally linked an analysis of our financial results on here. 

The revenue from the ST increase doesn’t even make a million. 

7 hours ago, MalletFox said:

to.

£3.26 a month

KP won’t have the cash reserve to compete in the future Premier League IMO. Their tactic for current financing of the club is using prize/TV money as a loan to a bank. Seagrave has been paid for by King Power but we are yet to see if that’s at an interest. Although last years accounts did see a £7 million rise in interest paid. 

I actually think some of the cup attendances this season have been representative of how a lot of people are feeling the pinch financially. 

Id also say a lot of peoples argument against the increase is it’s against a back drop of increasing prices elsewhere. That £3.26 might now need to be used in paying the energy bill for example. 

This explains better 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not the fairest comparison these sort of lists though. It doesn’t really illustrate quantity of those affordable season tickets. Fairly sure those £365 STs are those awkward corner seats coming out of the main stand. 

Here you go :)

Screenshot_20220310-070556_Gallery.jpg

50 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

KP won’t have the cash reserve to compete in the future Premier League IMO. Their tactic for current financing of the club is using prize/TV money as a loan to a bank. Seagrave has been paid for by King Power but we are yet to see if that’s at an interest. Although last years accounts did see a £7 million rise in interest paid. 

I actually think some of the cup attendances this season have been representative of how a lot of people are feeling the pinch financially. 

Id also say a lot of peoples argument against the increase is it’s against a back drop of increasing prices elsewhere. That £3.26 might now need to be used in paying the energy bill for example

This explains better 

This is the bit I really want to understand, I.e, what is the “real” pound notes impact on fans and how might it be managed.

I won’t repeat the theoretical life style choices that I’ve gave previously in terms of potential sacrifices that “could” be made to potentially cover a 8% increase, which is £3.26 a month.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Even with the price increase our season tickets are still around the 6th most affordable in the Prem (if other clubs don't also increase their prices)

https://www.givemesport.com/1736142-man-utd-liverpool-arsenal-season-ticket-prices-of-premier-leagues-20-clubs

Clubs most affordable season tickets for this season:

West Ham - £320

Manchester City - £325

Leeds United - £349

Leicester City - £365 - £394.20 after 8% price increase

Aston Villa - £370

Burnley - £390

Southampton - £399

Newcastle United - £417

Brentford - £419

Everton - £420

Crystal Palace - £435

Watford - £496

Norwich City - £499

Manchester United - £532

Brighton - £545

Wolves - £549

Chelsea - £595

Liverpool - £685

Tottenham - £807

Arsenal - £891

This is rubbish its based on concession prices not Adult.  Chelsea season ticket prices for an adult cheapest are 595 in the family area rising to 995 in other areas.  Spurs n Arsenal can be over 1000.

Not been mentioned yet, but its so hard to get hold of tickets and membership is a complete rip-off for what you get... and there is a big waiting list for season tickets - so its a bit rich for those that have season tickets to feel they are entitled to get renewals on the cheap while others can't get hold of them at all.

The answer for me would would be to see more creative packages from the club - e.g. limit the number of season tickets, and then have a large number of half season tickets. This would give a lot more people the chance to go regularly and it would be more affordable than either a whole season ticket or the extortionate amount of single match tickets. I had to pay £75 for me & my 2 boys for the Brighton game as that was all I could get - which is 1/5th of those affordable season tickets for what is priced as a cheaper game.

Its been said before, but you aren't going to get the next generation coming through as match goers if its the same 25,000 going every week, and when the attitude of some of those season ticket holders seems to be that the club is not a normal business and owes them a favour, its not going to help this. The ground extension can't come quick enough for non-season ticket holders.

1 hour ago, slymunn said:

Here you go :)

Screenshot_20220310-070556_Gallery.jpg

I'm right on the edge of G1 in the corner and I love my view of the pitch. If they're the cheapest that suits me fine.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Exactly. As we predicted last week we've got the KPFC contingent out in force. The comfortable financial snobs who can absorb it with no problem and the Tories who think not drinking a couple of pints will make it all fine. Don't like it don't GO.

I find it utterly baffling that some people simply can't empathise with other people's financial situations. We've got some hard work to highlight how the rise isn't that much, cut out X Y Z and it's all good.

Frankly for me the club could've been better putting the price up £3-4 a season rather than freezing. Freezing is a great short term PR move, but you're inevitably going to ratchet it up, so just do it slowly. Hopefully that then means that you're not trying to rinse us of 8% more at a time of inflation, gas prices and cost of living exploding.

No one expects the rises to never happen again, but have a bit of self awareness. You've made a record turnover, you've got an eye watering wage bill, spending frivolously on beer and clappers, and now you want to extract another £700k from the fans?

99.9% of us will pay it, of course we will. The club have us by the balls. We can't go and support Derby, we don't have any other options. They have the monopoly on our loyalty. But with higher prices come higher expectations. Paying £10m for a manager and spending millions a year on average players? How about we clean up in house before we start taking even more of the fan's cash?

What gives anyone the entitlement to think they deserve to be able to go?

Its a luxury. 

Half the problem these days is people believing they’re entitled so something and the shock when they realise not being able to do everything you want to in life is actually a part of life

I’d be much more up in arms about the price of gas and electric these days than a 8% ST increase. But as it’s trendy to be seen to be green, we’ll overlook that. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

Not been mentioned yet, but its so hard to get hold of tickets and membership is a complete rip-off for what you get... and there is a big waiting list for season tickets - so its a bit rich for those that have season tickets to feel they are entitled to get renewals on the cheap while others can't get hold of them at all.

The answer for me would would be to see more creative packages from the club - e.g. limit the number of season tickets, and then have a large number of half season tickets. This would give a lot more people the chance to go regularly and it would be more affordable than either a whole season ticket or the extortionate amount of single match tickets. I had to pay £75 for me & my 2 boys for the Brighton game as that was all I could get - which is 1/5th of those affordable season tickets for what is priced as a cheaper game.

Its been said before, but you aren't going to get the next generation coming through as match goers if its the same 25,000 going every week, and when the attitude of some of those season ticket holders seems to be that the club is not a normal business and owes them a favour, its not going to help this. The ground extension can't come quick enough for non-season ticket holders.

It’s not a normal business. No normal business has a £120m to £140m guaranteed income every year. Neither does a normal business have such a product that can’t not be sought in another way. 

I haven’t seen anyone say the club owes anyone favour - so I don’t know how this line has cottoned on.

Fans are concerned about a price increase in a cost of living crisis and the club receives record income sum. Neither have I seen anyone make an entitled claim.

I could point out that a good chunk of the current season ticket holders did contribute when the club was at lowest ebb. 

It will hit new season ticket holders as well; what may have been affordable may not so be so over time. 

• Like 1