Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

13 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In the spirit of this I've just bought a massive bottle of Sainsburys own ketchup. Third of the price of Heinz.

Surely that'll be alright? The Morrisons I'm Properly On My Arse version I tried a few years ago wasn't amazing but it was 19p if I remember rightly 

I don't like Aldi ketchup much, but some of the own brand sauces are decent. Just got to try them.

As for the kids, the can have heinz once they are doing their own shopping. Until then, he gets what's in the cupboard!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Mrs P does use it in an "Irish" coffee purely for the flavour, but to serve it up as "liqueur" falls far short of expectations.

I had to check, I think you may be mistaking it for another, or your alcohol tolerance is better than you realise :D

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-ballycastle-irish-country-cream-70cl/4088600141787

12% 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I had to check, I think you may be mistaking it for another, or your alcohol tolerance is better than you realise :D

https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/p-ballycastle-irish-country-cream-70cl/4088600141787

12% 

Yeah you're right. It just tastes so "watered down". Although it's clearly not. Just a cheaper version.

Still less ABV than decent stuff. And a lot less than Bailey's.  

Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur is 17% ABV so it is relatively low in alcohol.

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm caught between not being sneaky and knowing that one of my kids in particular will reject anything out of hand if it's even one molecule different from what he's used to

That's why I disguised items for trial purposes. Often the first response to different is 'don't like it'. How do you know if you haven't tried it?

I'd have it in the Heinz bottle sharpish :D

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Yeah you're right. It just tastes so "watered down". Although it's clearly not. Just a cheaper version.

Still less ABV than decent stuff. And a lot less than Bailey's.  

Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur is 17% ABV so it is relatively low in alcohol.

Add in some own brand vodka

Just now, Wymsey said:

Tomorrow might be a grim day with the Autumn Statement set to be unveiled.

I think/hope it may be a starting point for something. 

The bad thing has happened - inflation will, at some point, start to come down. A fair bit of the announcement has been floated already, so hopefully any surprises will be slightly happier ones. 

But, yeah, likely to be a bit grim for a little while yet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rachhere said:

Whilst we are on the topic of dehumidifiers... The video on the second tweet of this thread - honestly this is one of the most shocking things I have ever seen. How are we at this point? 

****ing hell. I feel ill just having watched it. Tory Britian ❤️

5 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

In the spirit of this I've just bought a massive bottle of Sainsburys own ketchup. Third of the price of Heinz.

Surely that'll be alright? The Morrisons I'm Properly On My Arse version I tried a few years ago wasn't amazing but it was 19p if I remember rightly 

I reckon Sainsburys ketchup is really decent to be fair.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Things are only going to get worse after the tories completely change their minds on what they said a month ago.

Rishi was adament he'll stick to the manifesto he was voted in on providing his justification for not having an election. "We will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance". 

You're not suggesting he was talking porkies are you..?

N.B Mods... This is a satirical observation and not definitely not political discussion. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Rishi was adament he'll stick to the manifesto he was voted in on providing his justification for not having an election. "We will not raise the rate of income tax, VAT or National Insurance". 

You're not suggesting he was talking porkies are you..?

N.B Mods... This is a satirical observation and not definitely not political discussion. 

I actually trust Rishi a damn sight more than Boris the Clown.  

Hopefully it will be Corp taxes going up and other "sin" taxes. 

A fourth miserable budget of the year.

They blame Putin (although the economy was massively in decline pre-Ukraine). And by saying it’s caused by Russia shows that the government have left the country at risk of economic insecurity from hostile powers, which is a dereliction of duty. 

• Like 1