Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Maaaaaate.

I work in local government, and I can't tell you, there will be no improvement unless the rates go up by about 20%.

The last 5 years has all been damage limitation.  Very little, if any money is received direct from Govt with regards to Council funding.

Main funding streams are usually Council tax, parking rates and planning fees.

You might want to read into the tone of my statement

11 hours ago, Eurofox said:

USA economy up 4.7

European economy up 2.1

UK economy down 0.7.

Oven Ready deal my arse.

Oven ready is about right imo, seeing as ready meals are always complete and utter shite. 

Should be some prison sentences for key pro Brexit "fact" throwers. 

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The wind fall he’s referring to is because the vast majority of reserves are there because of QE. Banks have huge upside on this money, which has been created, and is costing govt billions a month. The definition of windfall and unearned income. And now they have got the levy cut lol. Yesterday was an absolute bonanza for banks and intra day share price movements reflected that. 

simon wren-lewis on Twitter: "New post: But do the numbers add up?  https://t.co/5kow591epW" / Twitter

3 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Maaaaaate.

I work in local government, and I can't tell you, there will be no improvement unless the rates go up by about 20%.

The last 5 years has all been damage limitation.  Very little, if any money is received direct from Govt with regards to Council funding.

Main funding streams are usually Council tax, parking rates and planning fees.

The money paid out by government to house the channel migrants in hotels for 1 week would make a massive difference to our council funding. It is I think the smallest unitary council in the Country. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

The money paid out by government to house the channel migrants in hotels for 1 week would make a massive difference to our council funding. It is I think the smallest unitary council in the Country. 

Gentle reminder...It was your obsession with asylum seekers that got the politics thread closed.

• Haha 2

Anyway...

Have I missed something.

The news keeps bleating about tax rises.

I can't actually see any apart from VED, which hasn't gone up for a long time. Everything else was just plans that have been redrawn?

Unless you have too much money coming in that the cost of living doesn't really impact you!

When was the last time you saw a poor person driving an electric car?

3 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Anyway...

Have I missed something.

The news keeps bleating about tax rises.

I can't actually see any apart from VED, which hasn't gone up for a long time. Everything else was just plans that have been redrawn?

Unless you have too much money coming in that the cost of living doesn't really impact you!

When was the last time you saw a poor person driving an electric car?

Wages are increasing, tax bands remain as they are which will mean for many it’s a tax rise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Wages are increasing, tax bands remain as they are which will mean for many it’s a tax rise.

Oh, I see that.  But the threshold rise  is a bonus. (Bloke on £32k living in Dorset (very expensive here)).

Edited by filthyfox

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

Nooooooo..

Nothing to do with Brexit!!

How dare you bring this up!

Everything is going swimmingly and there was bound to be teething problems 😂😂😂!!

Screenshot_20221117_095932_com.facebook.katana_edit_930736815962147.jpg

Within that poll, the number of Brexit voters who now believe it was the wrong thing to do has risen to 19% from 4% the last time the poll was taken.

That's only going to go in one direction over the next few years. I wonder at what point the data becomes so emphatic that senior politicians dare to openly admit that the whole thing was a terrible mistake... 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Oh, I see that.  But the threshold rise  is a bonus. (Bloke on £32k living in Dorset (very expensive here)).

The lowest threshold generally rises each year is my understanding although I’m not close enough to the detail to say that’s definitely the case.

38 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Within that poll, the number of Brexit voters who now believe it was the wrong thing to do has risen to 19% from 4% the last time the poll was taken.

now it gets interesting 

Do the numbers get to a level that means the next GE isn’t considered a single issue vote risk as per 2019 ? 

I would certainly expect the Lib Dems to fight on the basis of rejoining the single market and allowing free movement with current Schengen zone countries citizens.   Will Labour jump too ? they could make a judgment that pushing some core (and possibly floating) voters to the tories would be worse than how many they would lose to the Lib Dems. 

I hope this isn’t viewed as being a disallowed political post. It’s commentary. 

Edited by st albans fox

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

now it gets interesting 

Do the numbers get to a level that means the next GE isn’t considered a single issue vote risk as per 2019 ? 

I would certainly expect the Lib Dems to fight on the basis of rejoining the single market and allowing free movement with current Schengen zone countries citizens.   Will Labour jump too ? they could make a judgment that pushing some core (and possibly floating) voters to the tories would be worse than how many they would lose to the Lib Dems. 

I hope this isn’t viewed as being a disallowed political post. It’s commentary. 

MP's Haven't got the balls to admit that they were wrong...

I doubt the European Parliament will want us back anyway as we used to Vito lots