Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

18 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Ok so I was shopping again and I had to look at this again, and in a bit more detail. 

In the freezer of my local Asda those shitty birds eye burgers were the most expensive burgers available on a £/kg point of view. 

The Aberdeen Angus steak burgers were cheaper FFS. 

If that's not birds eye completely taking the piss I don't know what is. 

And for the record I didn't buy them. Only get them occasionally for the kids. Just could not believe the price.

Classic high low pricing by supermarkets, nothing to do with Birds Eye i reckon. They can increase the price and sell for 4 weeks like that before legally being able to declare a price reduction. Those burgers will be on some sort of promo shortly.  Its part of the reason they have so many variants so there's always one on offer and you feel like you got a bargain.

Have a look on the website camelcamelcamel for Amazon products - great site by the way to save on Amazon stuff.

9 minutes ago, Braunstone Support! said:

Classic high low pricing by supermarkets, nothing to do with Birds Eye i reckon. They can increase the price and sell for 4 weeks like that before legally being able to declare a price reduction. Those burgers will be on some sort of promo shortly.  Its part of the reason they have so many variants so there's always one on offer and you feel like you got a bargain.

Have a look on the website camelcamelcamel for Amazon products - great site by the way to save on Amazon stuff.

Same price in Asda, Tesco, Iceland and Morrisons.

100% birds eye taking the piss

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I'd not been to my local chippy for about 5 years, in my head a bag of chips was still about £1.20. Went in a few weeks ago, laughed and just walked out. It was about £4 for a medium bag of chips, and the price of the fish, well I can only conclude said fish was coated in gold and diamonds. 

It's certainly helped with my diet

The old antivirus software is up for renewal.

As usual, they want silly money - in this case, 85 quid. I KNOW that the first year is an 'introductory' offer (for new customers it's about £15) but when asked, or threatened with my flouncing off in a huff, they usually give me a hefty discount for staying. Not this year!

Just cancelled it and will have to get McAfee or something instead. Sick 

39 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

As usual, they want silly money - in this case, 85 quid. I KNOW that the first year is an 'introductory' offer (for new customers it's about £15) but when asked, or threatened with my flouncing off in a huff, they usually give me a hefty discount for staying. Not this year!

Stay strong! I bet within the next week or so you get an email or call from them offering close to what you paid for your first year. Knowing companies like that any money is better than no money.

7 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

6 minutes ago, MustardTiger said:

People still buy anti-malware? 

I used free stuff for years but did occasionally get some problems, and a couple of folk I know had massive compromises using only the free stuff, so I got a bit paranoid, and our work IT guy constantly banging on about the ever increasing number and sophistication of attacks isn't doing my confidence any good.

Since I've been using Norton 360 I've had no issues whatsoever, and it doesn't seem to affect performance so I'm going to miss it a bit. Also, we have it across multiple devices as I can't trust my family not to do idiotic stuff online

Oil and gas giant Shell has reported record annual profits after energy prices surged last year following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The company reported adjusted earnings of $39.9bn (£32.2bn) for 2022, the highest in its 115-year history.

God damn. To put that into perspective, that's a £4 per person whip around of every single man, woman and child on planet earth. Not bad for a years work I guess. 

Just now, Innovindil said:

Oil and gas giant Shell has reported record annual profits after energy prices surged last year following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

The company reported adjusted earnings of $39.9bn (£32.2bn) for 2022, the highest in its 115-year history.

God damn. To put that into perspective, that's a £4 per person whip around of every single man, woman and child on planet earth. Not bad for a years work I guess. 

But we're told it is being reinvested in renewable energy of course....

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Any my gas and electric bills with them are though the ****ing roof. 

Greedy *****

On 31/01/2023 at 23:39, Bellend Sebastian said:

Windows built in defender ranks as highly as any other anti virus.

I havent used anything else for a few years now and had no issues, I visit some less than savoury sites like streams and pirate and had no problems (AFAIK)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

So they have now raised the interest rate yet again! 

I do not understand the logic in that what so ever 

The establishment want to create disharmony within society. It's the same with strikes. People start striking and normally the rest are against it, "those bloody teachers/nurses", except this time it seems a bit of a different public attitude towards them, but the real question is, how do you make people that have "help others" in their dna, i.e. nurses, teachers, doctors etc, get so pissed off that they feel they need to do something about it, simple, force them to become poor.  Who sets the interest rates? The BoE, who owns the BoE?, we do, who are the BoE answerable to? Parliament, the government!   

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

So they have now raised the interest rate yet again! 

I do not understand the logic in that what so ever 

15 minutes ago, Otis said:

The idea is to get inflation back to the 2% target. 

image.png.094b0ec3b9dab76f5c40ff806ca871d3.png

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Well they have put it up quite a few times already and it hasn't budged

Probably because those in dippy dippy la la land measure inflation with a basket of vegtables and a loaf of bread which might cost a pound more so inflation is at 2% , but in the real world gas bills that have gone up 250% to £2500 doesn't count cos it'll make them look bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Must be a well run company with a superb business model to be able to generate such amazing profits in these times of hardship, makes you wonder how they do it.... 

it’s disgusting!! And people will still vote for Tory on the next election. Meanwhile the PM’s wife will be making money out of us all struggling…..

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/07/19/rishi-sunaks-family-profiting-from-ties-to-oil-giant-shell/

• Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 15:39, Bellend Sebastian said:

Try Kaspersky. Download for free on their website and purchase a licence key off eBay for less than a tenner. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, chapero82 said:

it’s disgusting!! And people will still vote for Tory on the next election. Meanwhile the PM’s wife will be making money out of us all struggling…..

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/07/19/rishi-sunaks-family-profiting-from-ties-to-oil-giant-shell/

Indeed.  But do remember that he will be the man to stop the boats!

• Like 1