Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

14 hours ago, ithuriel said:

I've stopped shopping at the big supermarkets and use who ever is cheapest on the day, Aldi, sometimes Heron foods, sometimes the local shop.

You do a comparison of who is cheaper between all of the shops including the local shop?

Sounds fun

• Haha 2

Just now, Lako42 said:

You do a comparison of who is cheaper between all of the shops including the local shop?

Sounds fun

It's called maths, you can do it in your head, it's not very hard if you try you know.:ph34r:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ithuriel said:

I've stopped shopping at the big supermarkets and use who ever is cheapest on the day, Aldi, sometimes Heron foods, sometimes the local shop.

How do you workout who is cheapest on the day? Do you go literally into all of the supermarkets and work it out?

15 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

How do you workout who is cheapest on the day? Do you go literally into all of the supermarkets and work it out?

Sometimes I will try 4 or 5 different stores, shops on the day, it is called walking, it is what you used to do when you go out shopping, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Yeah sure, me asking if you visit 4 or 5 supermarkets in a day to tally up your shopping price is a stupid question.

I was going there but thought better of it. 

Imagine having that kind of time on your hands. 

It's worse than my dad surveying the entire carpark for his favourite spot for 10 minutes despite it being half empty. 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

I was going there but thought better of it. 

Imagine having that kind of time on your hands. 

It's worse than my dad surveying the entire carpark for his favourite spot for 10 minutes despite it being half empty. 

That's what I couldn't get my head around I didn't think it was a stupid question. I was curious if there was some kind of comparison/price checker website that would genuinely be useful or if someone actually had the time and patience to visit multiple shops and work out the cheapest.

21 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Sometimes I will try 4 or 5 different stores, shops on the day, it is called walking, it is what you used to do when you go out shopping, ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Surely the hour or 90 minutes you’ve wasted doing that you may aswell do an hours overtime or something?

Seems a lot of hassle to save £10. 

23 hours ago, ithuriel said:

What if after the 5th supermarket of the day you realise that the first one was the cheapest?

• Haha 2

Supermarkets are all in it together, the main items we all shop for are just rotated through each supermarket where they all have a turn in being the cheapest including Waitrose and M&S.

Unfortunately we either plan ahead using the internet, take pot luck on the day or travel around into each supermarket but then how much is your time and petrol worth for a big shop saving of £10 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

On 06/04/2023 at 09:58, ithuriel said:

Do prices swing that much on a weekly/fortnightly basis between all supermarkets?

Surely there are some that are generally cheaper, which would narrow the shortlist down?

Granted, there are deals in each, but these wouldn’t cover the full shop and only a few items in each store.

Side note - I hate shopping so I will go to the closest/quietest one and make it as painless as possible. So I find your process intriguing. 

Meanwhile, Truss is explaining that high tax rates are because of “wokery”. Thirteen years they’ve been at this nonsense, messing everything up. Thirteen years of bluster, division, incompetence and hate. Jesus. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Meanwhile, Truss is explaining that high tax rates are because of “wokery”. Thirteen years they’ve been at this nonsense, messing everything up. Thirteen years of bluster, division, incompetence and hate. Jesus. 

now now, if you listen to them closely enough it's all Labours Fault. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

Is there a reason why he ignores the actual figures that show the UK doing relatively well, he ignores the actual plus guesswork over two years that shows us about average, and goes for the guesswork that shows us doing less well over a more limited time period?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dsr-burnley said:

Is there a reason why he ignores the actual figures that show the UK doing relatively well, he ignores the actual plus guesswork over two years that shows us about average, and goes for the guesswork that shows us doing less well over a more limited time period?

Bias?

6 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Would you mind citing these actual figures and actual plus guesswork for the purpose of comparison?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

Bias?

It’s well known that the IMF is historically predisposed to hating on the well undocumented successes of the UK and Brexit. As far back as 1713, the Vice Chancellor of the IMF said: “Brexit is, was and will always be an assault on our power and control, therefore we must suppress it with facts and truths.”

Never argue with history and made up facts. 

• Haha 2