Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

8 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Has anyone fixed their energy?  I've a tempting offer from EON to fix before the cap on 1st Jan for 12 months, looking at the forward projections it might not be a bad thing 

No, our Intelligent Octopus has better rates than any of the fixes I've seen. You've got an EV, have you looked at the Octopus EV options? If you do want to switch let me know and I can send you a referral code for a £50 bonus. 

10 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

No, our Intelligent Octopus has better rates than any of the fixes I've seen. You've got an EV, have you looked at the Octopus EV options? If you do want to switch let me know and I can send you a referral code for a £50 bonus. 

Thanks I'll let you know. 

Octopus Tracker is way cheaper too - so today it's 4.34p/kWh for gas and 17.86p/kWh for electricity - standing charge is less too. Compare that to every other standard variable 6.89p/kWh for gas and 27.35p/kWh for electricity. If you can shift your usage to outside of 4pm - 7pm Agile is cheaper yet.

42 minutes ago, danny. said:

Octopus Tracker is way cheaper too - so today it's 4.34p/kWh for gas and 17.86p/kWh for electricity - standing charge is less too. Compare that to every other standard variable 6.89p/kWh for gas and 27.35p/kWh for electricity. If you can shift your usage to outside of 4pm - 7pm Agile is cheaper yet.

I've saved a fortune this year 

33 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Don't understand their logic here. Energy companies, who continue to make huge profits and dish out bug bonuses, are being compensated for. 

Yet your normal person, who is struggling, is made to pay more

Capitalism

• Like 2

On 15/12/2023 at 09:41, Lako42 said:

It's already set at a level that allows them to make huge profits. 

My tariff reflects the wholesale cost of gas and leccy and not once in a year have I come close to paying the cap rate that everyone else is. 

How the **** they can justify raising this when the cost of energy to them has not gone above the old cap is beyond me. 

We are all let down by spineless, corrupt politicians who are unwilling to stop this shit because they are making money from it. 

Small boats and sending 200 people a year to Rwanda is the shiny thing they use to distract the plebs. 

Servile Brits desperate for overlords because that's the way they have always been. The nation should be on the streets 

Same, and Octopus are still making decent money on that! 15.4p/3.94p today vs 28p/7p everyone else is paying, almost double!!

• Like 1

On 13/12/2023 at 14:57, Tommy G said:

Has anyone fixed their energy?  I've a tempting offer from EON to fix before the cap on 1st Jan for 12 months, looking at the forward projections it might not be a bad thing 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/-are-there-any-cheap--fixed-energy-deals-currently-worth-it--/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bills&source=TWORG-BILLS#deals

MSE have some recommendations and other good options. The Octopus tracker is existing customers only. I'm not sure about the Intelligent one. That's .24p/kwh and 0.7p/kwh for 6 hours. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/-are-there-any-cheap--fixed-energy-deals-currently-worth-it--/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=bills&source=TWORG-BILLS#deals

MSE have some recommendations and other good options. The Octopus tracker is existing customers only. I'm not sure about the Intelligent one. That's .24p/kwh and 0.7p/kwh for 6 hours. 

They are all existing customers only, but just move to their "Flexible Octopus" which is their standard tariff and then as soon as you have moved (took me 2 days) then change to Agile/Tracker/Intelligent etc.

You also get £50 credit to the account if you user a referral link to sign up, not sure if someone has already posted one, if not you can use mine https://share.octopus.energy/pearl-brook-236 

There is literally no other choice in the UK, it's pay at least 28p/7p with everyone else or go on one of Octopus's smart tariffs.

37 minutes ago, danny. said:

They are all existing customers only, but just move to their "Flexible Octopus" which is their standard tariff and then as soon as you have moved (took me 2 days) then change to Agile/Tracker/Intelligent etc.

You also get £50 credit to the account if you user a referral link to sign up, not sure if someone has already posted one, if not you can use mine https://share.octopus.energy/pearl-brook-236 

There is literally no other choice in the UK, it's pay at least 28p/7p with everyone else or go on one of Octopus's smart tariffs.

Lots of them in that list are open to new customers. Our did you mean the Octopus ones? And yes I've offered Tommy a referral code 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Lots of them in that list are open to new customers. Our did you mean the Octopus ones? And yes I've offered Tommy a referral code 🙂

Yup, I don’t think you can move straight to Octopus smart tariffs, you have to go via Flexible. 

Saw an article on BBC the other day can’t find the link now, but was basically backing up what I was saying a few pages ago in regards to new builds. There are countless examples of poor craftsmanship and poor materials being used and houses being put up in really sorry states all over the place and it’s just getting worse and worse.

• Like 2

On 16/12/2023 at 11:52, danny. said:

Same, and Octopus are still making decent money on that! 15.4p/3.94p today vs 28p/7p everyone else is paying, almost double!!

On 16/12/2023 at 20:15, FoyleFox said:

On 14/12/2023 at 12:24, Lako42 said:

I've saved a fortune this year 

I am bit skeptical,   surely that is far too good to be true?  What is the catch?  

Do anyone happen to know whether if a smart meter is required to sign up as Eon was offering a deal where they guarantee their charges will always be 1% below the tracking cost of electricity/gas but only customers with smart meters can sign up which ruled me out.

5 hours ago, The Blur said:

I am bit skeptical,   surely that is far too good to be true?  What is the catch?  

Do anyone happen to know whether if a smart meter is required to sign up as Eon was offering a deal where they guarantee their charges will always be 1% below the tracking cost of electricity/gas but only customers with smart meters can sign up which ruled me out.

The catch seems to be when the next "crisis" hits you have zero protection from rises and they'll rinse you for everything you've got. 

On 14/12/2023 at 11:42, danny. said:

Agile has been a lifechanger combined with solar and storage, but yes, you can make significant savings by just using off peak if you can too.