Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

55 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Maryland Chicken. 4 spicy wings. Was £1. Then £1.25.

Now £2. 

This. Is. The. End.

Whilst cheap, the quantity of toilet roll required the day after is something of a leveller.

29 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There's people out there with answers and idea's to make the quality of our lives better, and the contents of our wallets thicker, but they just get slandered as greedy by the actual establishment.

Bingo ☑ 

Just now, Milo said:

Just noticed I’ve been charged for Sky broadband every month since I cancelled it in January. 

Phoned them up and they have credited my account with £250! 

Also negotiated a reduction some of the channels/packages I no longer use and my monthly bill has gone from £93 to £28, with £250 of credit..so basically no bills for the next 8 months or so 🥳

A good start to the week. 

That'll cover your speeding fine, you rebel!

• Haha 1

On 14/07/2022 at 11:00, ozleicester said:

Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks Tax Tacs Tacks 

*    Other  such blunt instruments are available

edit myself

Raising tax on the 1% could work, but would surely want a better governmental model with considerably less waste/beaurocracy

Edited by Dahnsouff

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Looks like posties going on strike.

CWU ballot just in 97.6% said yes to strike action with 77% turnout. Shows how fed up posties are with their work.

For me it's more about the conditions they want to add (mandatory Sunday working, later start times, flexible working hours (flexible for them, not us)) along with any rise, rather than a huge pay rise.

Horrific service compared to Amazon prime etc…last chance saloon for posties, can’t see them lasting long with their idiotic old school unions

8 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Horrific service compared to Amazon prime etc…last chance saloon for posties, can’t see them lasting long with their idiotic old school unions

Most ironic profile pic on FoxesTalk?

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

We can't have workers united to try and retain or improve standards for its members can we. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

*    Other  such blunt instruments are available

edit myself

Raising tax on the 1% could work, but would surely want a better governmental model with considerably less waste/beaurocracy

Surely adding a couple or more % tax on earnings above 80k would go a long way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adam1 said:

Surely adding a couple or more % tax on earnings above 80k would go a long way.

These are the bands

image.png.7c9f79d616ca22489d492d5dc2cdcac7.png

So you would add another between 80k to 150k? Be better to add a 5% extra at the current additonal rate surely?

• Like 1