Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

I see Liz Truss has said she doesn't want to do a windfall tax and profits are not evil.

No, profits are not evil but making billions in profit off the back of the suffering of large parts of the Earth population is pretty despicable. Especially when they don't even NEED that much money.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

I'm hoping she'll be both thick enough and arrogant enough to call an election within a few months of getting in.

Profits are one thing but they have shot up and some people are facing hardship.  Tax cuts are no good for very low paid. Very handy if you are a top earner. See where her loyalty lies

• Like 1

Quite a few (ie more than 1 or 2) clients in my area asking for scenario planning for social unrest and wide scale rioting in jan 2023 onwards, how to keep business running if this occurs. The WEF risk report also states social cohesion and unrest as 2 of the 4 biggest risks facing the world in 2023. Tbh I’m amazed it’s not happened already 

• Thanks 1

**** the Tory's! 

Look at their response! They are literally taking the piss. Bojo has rightly gone but it's obviously not getting any better. 

How anyone could still vote for them I don't know and I challenge anyone who would vote Tory if there was an election tomorrow to give me a fair and reasoned argument why you would vote Tory. Because I don't see it, all I see is them taking the absolute piss out of our once great country that THEY (not the EU, not immigrants, not workshy benefit scroungers) THEY are destroying!

• Like 4

What a shitshow,  even if Labour win the GE we will probably be stuck with 2 years of Truss politics destroying the country for the benefit of the few.

Should be some sort of rule where a GE must be called within 6 months of a new PM being elected by the party rather than the public. Of course, that would never, ever happen...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Quite a few (ie more than 1 or 2) clients in my area asking for scenario planning for social unrest and wide scale rioting in jan 2023 onwards, how to keep business running if this occurs. The WEF risk report also states social cohesion and unrest as 2 of the 4 biggest risks facing the world in 2023. Tbh I’m amazed it’s not happened already 

Can you explain a bit more about this? What sort of clients are they? Big or small? 

Truss is as thick as mince and we are all absolutely screwed with her taking the top job. 

The comments yesterday from her give you a very clear indication of what she is about. 

The Tories hate you, just to be clear. And any working class person giving them a vte when the time comes is a sadist. 

They are going to take us all to the very bottom over the next few years and then use that as a perfect base to make improvements leading up to an election. 

Scum

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Truss is as thick as mince and we are all absolutely screwed with her taking the top job. 

The comments yesterday from her give you a very clear indication of what she is about. 

The Tories hate you, just to be clear. And any working class person giving them a vte when the time comes is a sadist. 

They are going to take us all to the very bottom over the next few years and then use that as a perfect base to make improvements leading up to an election. 

Scum

BUT... BUT.... "ThE ToRies ArE GReat WiTh The EcONOmy"...... 

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

Profits are one thing but they have shot up and some people are facing hardship.  Tax cuts are no good for very low paid. Very handy if you are a top earner. See where her loyalty lies

Thing is though, high earners pay a lot more into the system than low earners yet receive the same services.

Martin Lewis is probably one of the biggest sources of pressure on the government at the moment to actually act on what is an impending socio-economic catastrophe on a huge scale. 

How anyone could criticise the guy is baffling. His knowledge of financial systems is staggering, and it's a shame he's ruled out going into politics, as I'd wager that he alone would do a damn sight better than the entirety of the so-called "government" at getting closer to an actual solution.

And as for people talking about "project fear," good grief. Have I just logged into boomer Facebook?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I do hope you are joking. 

No. Say if you’re on 100 grand a year, you’re paying 30 grand into the system, if you’re on 10 grand you’re paying virtually nothing into the system so the person on 100 grand is covering at least 3 people on 10 grand, let’s make that person on 100 grand pay more into the system and make that person on 10 grand still pay virtually nothing. Is that fair? Cos if I were that person on 100 grand a year, I’d be asking for a pay cut.

Guest itude

Apologies, started my own thread on this subject, missed this one. But yes, my power bill projections are horrifying, never mind a 10% or so inflation rate. its way way over that. Has to mean cutting down, I am not on Vesty's juicy salary, so I won't be seeing him whether he plays or not.

43 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Can you explain a bit more about this? What sort of clients are they? Big or small? 

Big multinationals. Ie the types that were disentangling from Russian clients and hedging their energy needs long before putin invaded and not saying ‘it’s all his fault what can we do!!’ And are probably disentangling from China now. Food crisis, climate crisis, cost of living, political crisis, breakdown of multiple public systems, loss of livelihood. I don’t know what more we need for a good few months of riots. I imagine many are preparing for this 

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

No. Say if you’re on 100 grand a year, you’re paying 30 grand into the system, if you’re on 10 grand you’re paying virtually nothing into the system so the person on 100 grand is covering at least 3 people on 10 grand, let’s make that person on 100 grand pay more into the system and make that person on 10 grand still pay virtually nothing. Is that fair? Cos if I were that person on 100 grand a year, I’d be asking for a pay cut.

I guess the answer to that comes down to if one thinks the system should be driven by self- interested Social Darwinism or not.

Speaking personally, IMO there's a plethora of historical records showing why that is critically flawed.

• Like 2