Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

Just now, Free Falling Foxes said:

Fanciful I know, but if there was a refusal to pay these inflated fuel bills by the masses.

They couldn't cut us all off.

No just threaten us with destroyed credit ratings which would mean most wouldn't do it. 

Of course many won't have a choice and not only can't they afford them now but they will be ruined in no time. 

• Like 1

As a child of the fifties we had no central heating , one coal fire in the living room a paraffin heater in the bathroom,, one t v (eventually ) , no fridge or freezer as we shopped daily. No car ownership and managed to survive. Looks like we need to get used to the new (old ) normal .

I honestly think riots are on the way. 

The real pain that will hit October 1st is still just words. When the reality sets in, and people are living the new reality, I think those in the most deprived areas will have their backs against the wall and won't know where else to go. 

For me that only leads to civil unrest and if the government continue to be so absolutely useless I do not blame them one bit. 

What's most interesting is how the upper working class and middle class react, because with interest rates flying up as I well I can see some pretty well off people being unable to afford their homes anymore. 

19 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I've put this in here because I feel the points this chap makes are jointly responsible along with the Russian invasion for the mess we're in now which is going to get worse before getting better.

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1562823407938437120?s=20&t=hFSg3CTNWwTHFKGIj4xf-Q

They are both factors along with Brexit but I think stagnant wage growth since the 2008 financial crash is the biggest problem though.

Uk real wages trend 46-07.JPG

Annual change in regular pay..JPG

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Surely people have done studies into why boomers are so quick to point out "we had it worse". It's like clockwork.

Thing is unlike the present " woke " generation we didn't winge and accepted the situation. Look around the world my friend and see how fortunate you have been in the past and make the most of the future whatever it becomes.

The cap is supposed to limit the profit of the energy companies  (this time to 1.9% ) 

that’s hardly profiteering 

it’s the oil/gas producers who are profiteering but it’s a perfect storm of sorts post covid shut downs 

the govt have to decide if it makes sense to subsidise the country as they did with the furlough scheme 

I think there is a massive issue with commercial users of energy - we could see whatever manufacturing we have left effectively closed down with a related large rise in unemployment. 

Where's the plan to become self sufficient? Ive said before but Cameron shelved alot of renewable energy projects in the name of austerity which are now proving very costly. 

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, this crisis is down to the Tory's. And what's there plan to overcome it? Nothing, as per usual, no plan just stating this is the price to pay for cutting off Russia 🙄🙄🙄 They are imbeciles!!

6 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Where's the plan to become self sufficient? Ive said before but Cameron shelved alot of renewable energy projects in the name of austerity which are now proving very costly. 

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, this crisis is down to the Tory's. And what's there plan to overcome it? Nothing, as per usual, no plan just stating this is the price to pay for cutting off Russia 🙄🙄🙄 They are imbeciles!!

It's infuriating. The  folk in charge of the countries in the rest of Europe have limited the price increases. But over here we just blame Russia and covid and we're meant to just get on with it  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, adam said:

It's infuriating. The  folk in charge of the countries in the rest of Europe have limited the price increases. But over here we just blame Russia and covid and we're meant to just get on with it  

Yup, even more annoying as we important barely any gas from the East.  Rubs salt in the wound that we have the domestic supply to, in theory, guarentee energy security but decide that it's more lucatrive for the companies we hawked our nation's assets to to export it, at our expense, to line their coffers.