Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

19 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think the correct term for these energy companies is capalist terrorists. 

Sadly the thick as pig shit working class supporters of the tories will continue to vote for them coz media, refugees etc and therefore will vote for even more exploitation.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Lako42 said:

No just threaten us with destroyed credit ratings which would mean most wouldn't do it. 

Of course many won't have a choice and not only can't they afford them now but they will be ruined in no time. 

Debt is a form of slavery.

If everyones "credit rating" is destroyed... then there is no change... until people stand in the streets.. nothing will change

• Like 2

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

:dunno: With all due respect, that doesn't have to happen unless people let it happen.

And I for one will do my best to make sure those people and their legacy are recorded in the most ignominious infamy for what is left of posterity if it does.

People are letting it happen right now!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Agree with all that except the last bit.I would wager that we work longer hours now than 50 years ago.

I started work in 1962. I worked five days plus Saturday morning in an office environment. When I went on to work as a site engineer on the M1 motorway, I worked as and when required. Which meant at least five and a half days

I'm not expecting the sound of violins but I wish to make sure your assumption that people worked less hours in the olden day, isn't so.

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Agree with all that except the last bit.I would wager that we work longer hours now than 50 years ago.

I would completely agree and would only assume the original poster was factoring the growth of part time workers whereas a proportion of them probably wouldnt have worked at all generations ago such as mothers.

There is also the advent of being contactable 24/7 wherever you are in the world with a lot of people via mobiles / whatsapp/ emails, particularly at weekends and when people are on annual leave. So a lot of people dont feel as switched off now as they would have.

Obviously this is generalised  and there will be exceptions on either side.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I would completely agree and would only assume the original poster was factoring the growth of part time workers whereas a proportion of them probably wouldnt have worked at all generations ago such as mothers.

There is also the advent of being contactable 24/7 wherever you are in the world with a lot of people via mobiles / whatsapp/ emails, particularly at weekends and when people are on annual leave. So a lot of people dont feel as switched off now as they would have.

Obviously this is generalised  and there will be exceptions on either side.

All of the above plus the commuting.Because you can’t afford to live anywhere near the work place anymore.It was an average of two hours a day in London pre Covid 

4 hours ago, Smudge said:

I started work in 1962. I worked five days plus Saturday morning in an office environment. When I went on to work as a site engineer on the M1 motorway, I worked as and when required. Which meant at least five and a half days

I'm not expecting the sound of violins but I wish to make sure your assumption that people worked less hours in the olden day, isn't so.

Of course.I’m talking in general and the trend of the last few decades 

16 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Save yourself £160 a year and cancel your BBC TV licence. It comes with the added bonus that you`ll stop loosing brane sells.

You`re welcome.

I find it amusing that your name and pic are from a comedy show hosted by a person who is hated by the right

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I find it amusing that your name and pic are from a comedy show hosted by a person who is hated by the right

I find it amusing that your name is of a footballer only remembered for one goal.

By the way, just give me a shout if you ever have trouble with your TV aerial.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

I find it amusing that your name is of a footballer only remembered for one goal.

By the way, just give me a shout if you ever have trouble with your TV aerial.

No wonder you dislike the BBC, its personal

57 minutes ago, I am Rod Hull said:

Save yourself £160 a year and cancel your BBC TV licence. It comes with the added bonus that you`ll stop loosing brane sells.

You`re welcome.

Might I suggest BBC Bitesize? 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'People on £45,000 could struggle with bills, says chancellor'

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/aug/27/people-earning-45000-could-struggle-with-bills-says-chancellor

On a positive note it should mean measures will cover these earners too, if they’ve acknowledged the difficulties they will face. Albeit probably ineffective and insulting measures.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, Corky said:

Totally wrong Government for this situation. Their lack of interest in virtually everything outside their own members will be shown up.

This government is and has been a fookin disgrace. I’m actually proud I never voted them in.

They genuinely don’t give a shit 

I am hearing a 5% cut in vat is in the pipeline when Truss takes over. This would be a great move, to get the economy moving. One that I would greatly welcome, and a sure fire vote winner. Leave the NI increase in place, cut vat entirely on gas/electricity, 5% off everything else. 

30 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I am hearing a 5% cut in vat is in the pipeline when Truss takes over. This would be a great move, to get the economy moving. One that I would greatly welcome, and a sure fire vote winner. Leave the NI increase in place, cut vat entirely on gas/electricity, 5% off everything else. 

There is no VAT on food and these prices are still rising.