Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

Govt support for business won’t be announced until November but will be backdated to beg October 

these people have never run a business 

how do you sign up for a contract unless you know what it’s going to cost you and whether your business is viable ? How do you sign up for a lease extension if you don’t know that your business is viable?
 I suspect many directors will be technically guilty of fraud by going ahead blindly and then finding that the support is insufficient to enable them to survive and having to go bust 

an absolute sh1tshow 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The headline puts a strange slant on it.  The implication is that the cut in benefits was the primary factor in his death, when it appears most likely that they weren't cut off until after he was dead.  Plenty of other failings in the system to have a go at, but it's the benefits that make the headline.

A crumb of good news for a change for our household at least, is that looking at our energy use for the last couple of months compared to the same period last year, we are using A LOT less now than we were then.

My family have actually been listening to me, it's a modern day miracle

• Like 1

Ditto. 

I’ve turned in to my dad a bit. 

Following the family around turning off lights and unplugging things. 

But, like you, they’re eventually getting the message. We’re way lower than this time last year as well.

💪

10 minutes ago, Milo said:

Ditto. 

I’ve turned in to my dad a bit. 

Following the family around turning off lights and unplugging things. 

But, like you, they’re eventually getting the message. We’re way lower than this time last year as well.

💪

Would be funny if the energy suppliers ended up making less money than before they put the prices up.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Would be funny if the energy suppliers ended up making less money than before they put the prices up.

It is a bit weird - companies encouraging and advising their customers on how to buy less of their product 

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Good news the NI hike back in April has been reversed effective from Nov. Should never of come into effect in the first place 

It's going to cause serious impact on social care resulting in further hospital delays. £30 million less for social care.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2022 at 17:28, grobyfox1990 said:

Same. Use my office days to take a bag full of devices to fully charge up. 

A bag full of devices... I need to know what's in this bag, and how many battery operated devices can be in someone's life that they make a point to charge them all at work so as to save on the energy bill.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Better brace ourselves for this budget - it’s going to be so far removed from the needs of the country 

Most of this will be scrapped within the year I reckon. These people are living in cloud cuckoo land, you'd think we're a high growth, dynamic country looking at whats been announced today. No wonder markets are twisting the knife on our currency and debt. Checking bbg today and market consensus is the pound still isnt considered cheap, we are at $1.11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!