Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot

Cost of living crisis.

13 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

100% get in touch with them. No way are you paying 4 times as much as now. At worst it should go to £130-140. I pay £165 at the moment for a 4 bed, 2 adults, 2 kids, probably fairly sensible electricity usage like yourself. No sign of an increase yet, Octopus said they will keep it as is and monitor. Also about £500 in credit on top. So you should be paying less than we are for sure.

Mine has gone up 4 fold in just over a year also.  I haven't had the heating on for an age, live on my own, and am rarely actually in, so I was astounded at the increase.  Absolute willy pullers!

48 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Mine has gone up 4 fold in just over a year also.  I haven't had the heating on for an age, live on my own, and am rarely actually in, so I was astounded at the increase.  Absolute willy pullers!

Do you live in Groby... I'd check your meter, it might be your neighbours :ph34r:

Assuming you don't live next door to GrobyFox, have you checked your usage stats compared to last year? 

• Haha 2

Any know why the wholesale price of electricity is above the wholesale price of gas? Realise they are linked, but seems like a dirty tricky too me

edit Nevermind, this is it - https://www.theecoexperts.co.uk/blog/electricity-more-expensive-than-gas

Not sure quite what the renewable levies are being spent on mind….

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Any know why the wholesale price of electricity is above the wholesale price of gas? Realise they are linked, but seems like a dirty tricky too me

edit Nevermind, this is it - https://www.theecoexperts.co.uk/blog/electricity-more-expensive-than-gas

Not sure quite what the renewable levies are being spent on mind….

Rather ironic that so called clean electricity is taxed more than gas. What does the huge 'environmental tax' applied to electricity pay for, subsidies? If so it's a rip off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Rather ironic that so called clean electricity is taxed more than gas. What does the huge 'environmental tax' applied to electricity pay for, subsidies? If so it's a rip off.

Hopefully,  development of the infrastructure that makes it the chief reliable source of power.

You know, to prevent a much much higher cost in the future (which anyone other than what Nige would refer to as an "ostrich" can see).

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Hopefully,  development of the infrastructure that makes it the chief reliable source of power.

You know, to prevent a much much higher cost in the future (which anyone other than what Nige would refer to as an "ostrich" can see).

'Hopefully'.  I won't hold my breath.

14 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

You are an invoker of cynicism Sir

31 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Buybacks and share based payments

edit - just seen Leicsmac has answered the question seriously above 

Edited by grobyfox1990

Going to buy an oil radiator for the bedroom so it's toast when going to bed. 

Log burner on downstairs and selected heat in one room upstairs seems like a more cost effective measure for the time being until it get's really cold. 

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

'Hopefully'.  I won't hold my breath.

It's reasonable to have scepticism about the execution of the task.

That however changes nothing about the fact that it has to be done.

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are an invoker of cynicism Sir

I know it, but we'll do better. We have to.

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Going to buy an oil radiator for the bedroom so it's toast when going to bed. 

Log burner on downstairs and selected heat in one room upstairs seems like a more cost effective measure for the time being until it get's really cold. 

Im always shocked to find out that people don't live like this anyway!!

But then i'm tight as ****.

43 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Poor Tim.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 at 13.38.30.png

Wetherspoons will be a dying brand as with most pubs.

The younger generation spend less time in pubs and drink less generally. Particularly pubs like Wetherspoons that have no 'entertainment' or immersive experience attached to them.

I can see Spoons being gone as a brand within 10-15 years as its clients die or get older and aren't replaced with young people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kenny said:

The younger generation spend less time in pubs and drink less generally. Particularly pubs like Wetherspoons that have no 'entertainment' or immersive experience attached to them.

I can see Spoons being gone as a brand within 10-15 years as its clients die or get older and aren't replaced with young people.

Hope they sink without a trace!!..

And the cretin who owns them goes bankrupt.

3 minutes ago, kenny said:

You'd be surprised how well they do in nondescript towns. Their food menus reach beyond what most can offer. The younger generations go there on weekend evenings cos its the cheapest place. 

My partner is originally from Thetford and literally the Wetherspoons is where most of the town's evening footfall ends up from a Thursday onwards. Seen the same in other towns when working away. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Hope they sink without a trace!!..

And the cretin who owns them goes bankrupt.

If he owns the premises then he will become a property developer I expect. 

Either way he has pocketed hundreds of millions over the years. I doubt he will cry too much into his reasonably priced pints.

17 minutes ago, kenny said:

In my experience its the younger lot seeking out spoons. Still very popular with that bracket.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

In my experience its the younger lot seeking out spoons. Still very popular with that bracket.

They seem more keen on the gym, online interactions and yoga!!

Pub landlords we work with are looking at their current business models as they can see they are becoming defunct over time.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

He might go bankrupt technically, but you just know the cosplay scarecrow will have salted away a few million in offshore accounts. His type always do. I’d rather he gets raped by a pack of badgers, contracts rabies and is shot by a farmer, then dumped in a country lane in a hedge. 

Harsh.......but fair.

11 minutes ago, Daggers said:

He might go bankrupt technically, but you just know the cosplay scarecrow will have salted away a few million in offshore accounts. His type always do. I’d rather he gets raped by a pack of badgers, contracts rabies and is shot by a farmer, then dumped in a country lane in a hedge. 

I would like to apologise to the hundreds of people who have written to me to complain that I got the collective noun for badgers wrong. It should have been cete; a cete of angry badgers scratching and clawing at Tim Martin’s yellow-stained Y-fronts.