Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Rennes (H) Match Thread

Maddison on the bench. Suppose there's an eye on the game against Arsenal and hoping he doesn't get injured. 

Only pace in the side from Barnes and Daka really. 

Expecting big performances from Tielemans and KDH in that midfield. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Maddison on the bench. Suppose there's an eye on the game against Arsenal and hoping he doesn't get injured. 

Bit harsh on Justin :D

Think it's a very poor decision to start Justin, hopefully he makes it through however long he's chalked down to play. Wouldn't be shocked to see him hobbling off again and out for another month though.

Really looking forward to this game as a spectacle, should be a good game with plenty of goals.

• Like 1

Just now, turlo said:

How come Lookman has been dropped lately? thought he was playing quite well

Because his best position is the same as Barnes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A big performance from Tielemans will be a rare event. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'd like to see something positive from Daka tonight. He's been a bit disappointing recently but I fear this formation doesn't suit him.

In all fairness to Daka he doesn't get much service IMO still a quality player ,

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I'd like to see something positive from Daka tonight. He's been a bit disappointing recently but I fear this formation doesn't suit him.

I actually thought he looked bright against Burnley.  He just has incredibly huge boots to fill. 

I think he’s more of a Fryatt than someone who creates things for himself though

7 minutes ago, adam said:

Lookman should be playing instead of Albrighton. 

No he definitely should not - look at our record when we play 2 wingers with lookman on the right - absolutely horrendous- forest and randers away - I rest my case 

....Doku could prove to be a wildcard in all this!!!

Very raw and balance on the ball is suspect, can play on both sides and is very attack minded. Tends to fail to deliver good balls in situations where he himself has created with his own ingenuity.

Albrighton might be looking to pick him up or at least try to keep him from linking up with their forwards, it could be a very busy night for our right sided players.

Just now, jv1 said:

No he definitely should not - look at our record when we play 2 wingers with lookman on the right - absolutely horrendous- forest and randers away - I rest my case 

Lookman should be Barnes understudy on the left when he needs a rest or has ran his legs off - lookmans only decent games have been on the left - 30 mins against Liverpool and away at wolves - he is a left winger and nothing else - not even close - I’d sign him though for Barnes cover next year - no doubt - completely different player on left