Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Rennes (H) Match Thread

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

James Milner still gets regular game time for Liverpool. 

They're the Mr Dependable that a side needs.

Yeah but Milner is not playing as his team's main attacking outlet on the right flank. He's a defensive midfielder where dependability is much more of our welcome feature than it is for someone playing in the front 3. I do like Albrighton, he's a legend for us, but we do seriously need to invest in a RW with more creativity and a goal threat. 

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Yeah but Milner is not playing as his team's main attacking outlet on the right flank. He's a defensive midfielder where dependability is much more of our welcome feature than it is for someone playing in the front 3. I do like Albrighton, he's a legend for us, but we do seriously need to invest in a RW with more creativity and a goal threat. 

As someone else mentioned, he'll do the hard work of tracking back to protect the full back from their main threat, Doku. 

We don't have many other options to do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam said:

I disagree but now I've slagged him off he is bound to have a blinder now 😂

So you don't think he's had a positive impact?  His defending was a key part of our last two clean sheets and his early distribution started our goal scoring attack against Leeds. 

I think some people have a bit of a block when it comes to players who do simple things well. Albrighton does the simple things incredibly well and this gives the players around him the confidence to play their game. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

So you don't think he's had a positive impact?  His defending was a key part of our last two clean sheets and his early distribution started our goal scoring attack against Leeds. 

I think some people have a bit of a block when it comes to players who do simple things well. Albrighton does the simple things incredibly well and this gives the players around him the confidence to play their game. 

I just don't think he offers enough going forward. He's got one assist all season. We seem obsessed with playing him because of his defence work and seem to forget about the attacking threat. 

• Like 1

This is our biggest game of the season when you consider this is realistically our only way of getting back into Europe.

If Justin is fit, he simply has to play. The same for Maddison so I assume he is not able to give 90 minutes at the moment.

1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

This is our biggest game of the season when you consider this is realistically our only way of getting back into Europe.

If Justin is fit, he simply has to play. The same for Maddison so I assume he is not able to give 90 minutes at the moment.

Two heads are better than one. 

1 hour ago, leecif said:

Have Daka and Nacho started a game together? Don’t understand why this hasn’t happened 

Yes, the 4-3 win at Spartak when Daka scored 4 with two Nacho assists. So clearly it doesn't work! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2