Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Renne 2-0 H Post Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, Raj said:

As Bruce Forsyth  would have said.

Good game

91037551-6C2B-452E-846F-DE5F86A76CA8.gif

Edited by Col city fan

3 hours ago, KingsX said:

https://forum.stade-rennais-online.com/viewtopic.php?id=5515

Disappointed, but not throwing their toys out en masse.  Honestly, compared to English clubs’ fans they are sound.  Had we been on the other end of that, our post-match thread would be a giant pram crammed with screaming 2 year olds. 

I can’t figure out which one is @Allo_Allozh… maybe "Warrom"?  Whoever you are Allo ... and you also @Roazhon if you like what you see of Leicester City, watch more of our matches and maybe you will have a second club across the Channel.  Like SR, we are a beautiful but maddening club that at recent best has made the world take notice.

And thanks for your contributions on here … but please note … until you tell us what you think of Claude Puel, we cannot accept you as a full members.  :claude:

Another forum

https://phare-ouest.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roazhon said:

Good forum, thanks ... but still no ranters or nutcases?  You must keep them locked away from your forums.  Something is whiffy nonetheless with a “Droopy2” quoting me -- in English -- and using Michael Palin as his avatar.  No wonder folks in St Malo and Cancale warned me the Bretons were no better than the English.

“C'est l'équipe la plus forte qu'on ait rencontrée cette année.”  That would include PSG, Nice and Spurs  :schlupp:  Would you agree?

* speaking of avatars,  I just nicked one off "Karlmat".  Merci, Karl.

Edited by KingsX

I wouldn't go that far, yesterday's game is very similar to those we lost, when our weaknesses take over our qualities. Which does not detract from your victory.
And what's wrong with droopy2? Regarding Saint-Malo, you should know that in Brittany, they are considered to be, let's see..., very special, apart! And the Cancalais almost like Normans!

Il y a 10 heures, Honeybradger a dit :

Votre équipe n'a même pas sifflé de faute pour ce tacle menant au deuxième mais à part le gars qui a perdu le ballon, lookman l'a très clairement gagné.

Notre équipe a pour consigne de ne jamais parlé de l'arbitrage ni de trop contester à l'image de notre coach.

Donc, c'est notre rôle de supporter de le faire.

Impatient d'être au match retour.

Vous passez favori mais on peut y croire car selon moi, on a une meilleure équipe qu'en 2019 (malgré une victoire 3-1 en Ligue Europa contre Arsenal) et notre stade est imprenable depuis le début de l'année 2022 (5 matchs, 5 victoires toutes par minimum 2 buts d'écart).

8 hours ago, Roazhon said:

I wouldn't go that far, yesterday's game is very similar to those we lost, when our weaknesses take over our qualities. Which does not detract from your victory.
And what's wrong with droopy2? Regarding Saint-Malo, you should know that in Brittany, they are considered to be, let's see..., very special, apart! And the Cancalais almost like Normans!

Fair enough.  We had the better of it, but still a game with ebbs and flows.  We are not yet in the clear.

In St Malo and Cancale I had the feeling I had reached some invisible border and was being warned to go no further  lol  Mountains of moules cheap and very delicious in the bistros, though.  I enjoyed both places!

Edited by KingsX

11 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I was away last night so just watching the game now. This presenter on bt seems tasty nice legs 

Probably has them for.you.  or they might be useful for walking on.

Welcome. to the 21st century.  There are female presenters.  There is no obligation to go onto a football forum to objectivy them.

• Like 3

1st LCFC game I’ve not seen in forever. Currently in a 1st class hotel in egypt with a 3rd world internet and when talking to Egyptians there football knowledge consists of Mo Salah and Liverpool. Followed the match thread and just wanted to thank you all for your unbiased, non reactionary and balanced posts. 

To sum it up we were shit for the 1st 20 and then played into the game. Defence was solid, the academy lads didn’t let us down and Nacho came on and scored. 

Did I miss anything? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

1st LCFC game I’ve not seen in forever. Currently in a 1st class hotel in egypt with a 3rd world internet and when talking to Egyptians there football knowledge consists of Mo Salah and Liverpool. Followed the match thread and just wanted to thank you all for your unbiased, non reactionary and balanced posts. 

To sum it up we were shit for the 1st 20 and then played into the game. Defence was solid, the academy lads didn’t let us down and Nacho came on and scored. 

Did I miss anything? 

That's basically it apart from idiots like me asking why the hell Albrighton was starting before he went on to score a blinder and assist the second goal!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Did I miss anything? 

The atmosphere was amazing, or terrible, depending on where you were sitting and your own internal biases :)

Oh, and a very subtle humblebrag about being in a posh hotel, Suzie, well played. :cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, majaco said:

Probably has them for.you.  or they might be useful for walking on.

Welcome. to the 21st century.  There are female presenters.  There is no obligation to go onto a football forum to objectivy them.

By the same token, I suppose if Robbie Savage or Emile Heskey had been wearing skimpy string vests, they might have got compliments from the ladies on their fine torso(s).   Or even from the men, I suppose?   

Maybe not ...     :)

On 11/03/2022 at 12:01, Jabfox said:
Very disappointed. You can thank the referee on 2 game facts that tip the score in your favor. The indisputable penalty forgotten for us at 53' and the foul on Majer which allows you to recover the ball and score the second but so cruel and undeserved.

Congratulations to your supporters for the atmosphere. Not a fan of your game which resembles that of Lille and Nice in L1 and which I hardly appreciate.

We had a pretty bad game and we are capable of much better.

Despite this, we shoot 14 times and you 11.

We also ensure 51% possession.

We will certainly have a different team on the return with our typical team which atomized Lyon and beat Paris in the first leg.

I still believe in an extension on the return and that we win in this one.

If it goes to penalties, you win. 

Didn't know Thomas Frank was a Rennes supporter.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

By the same token, I suppose if Robbie Savage or Emile Heskey had been wearing skimpy string vests, they might have got compliments from the ladies on their fine torso(s).   Or even from the men, I suppose?   

Maybe not ...     :)

Do you think admirers of Savage Robbie and Heskey would have gone on to a football forum and made a crass, objectivying comment.

It's almost beside the point.  We live in a society where many women are afraid to go out alone.  There are women who feel unable le to go to football matches because of male (normally in a group ) behaviour.  Male glance and objectivism are a huge problem.  The choice to make that comment on a forum for fans was limited in my opinion.

On 10/03/2022 at 22:38, sacreblueits442 said:

....not sure why you are so surprised, he cannot play as a lone striker, he needs people around and going ahead of him!!!

Rodgers hoping that it will work eventually, even though he has seen it fail, over and over again.

yes I meant on the night not in general.:thumbup:

• Like 1