Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Renne 2-0 H Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Great win tonight cos Renne are definitely a good side.

Our ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ personality is currently at Mr Jekyll again… we are playing some good stuff. Barnes is on fire, Little Wes is waiting round the corner. 
Let’s just hope Mr Hyde don’t pop up again at Everton. They are awful and we are playing well again, so let’s stuff em!

Shall we focus on getting past Arsenal first :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Big Dan has been immense in recent games. He's kept it simple and his defending has been no nonsense and very effective. If it needs to be smashed out of the ground that's what he's done, Huth style. 

As always, I’ll give credit where it’s due and I think Big Dan has been looking so much more confident recently. I think this IS partly helped by the fact that Wilf is back on great form, but let’s not detract from the fact that both Amartey and Soyuncu are finally looking a good pairing. 
I…..just…..hope…..it…..continues…. We are such a bizarre side for consistency!

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Bert said:

Shall we focus on getting past Arsenal first :ph34r: 

My bad… of course… Arsenal are waiting 👍

What struck me was the sense of occasion throughout

The rennes fans doing the posnan in the ground 90 minutes before the game, the best support I've heard in our end for a while also. 

Albrighton and barnes were both brilliant and also cags and amartey were commanding throughout.

A couple of things I noticed. When maddison came on he took a free kick and it hit the first man and albrighton showed a reaction to it. Then when we got a corner albrighton took it suggesting he will be taking them going forward. 

Also maddison giving his boots to the young pitch invader was a nice touch

Not a bad night for a competition no one cares about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ashdav86 said:

What struck me was the sense of occasion throughout

The rennes fans doing the posnan in the ground 90 minutes before the game, the best support I've heard in our end for a while also. 

Albrighton and barnes were both brilliant and also cags and amartey were commanding throughout.

A couple of things I noticed. When maddison came on he took a free kick and it hit the first man and albrighton showed a reaction to it. Then when we got a corner albrighton took it suggesting he will be taking them going forward. 

Also maddison giving his boots to the young pitch invader was a nice touch

Not a bad night for a competition no one cares about

We should care about it ,if we win the this then we will be in the Europe league next season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lcfc49611 said:

Can’t believe there was about 50 or so rennes fans all wearing club shirts in b1, anywhere else in the stadium and there would have been trouble 

Every club is entitled to those tickets via UEFA regs but this was the first club to use them. 

24 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Big Dan has been immense in recent games. He's kept it simple and his defending has been no nonsense and very effective. If it needs to be smashed out of the ground that's what he's done, Huth style. 

His reading of the game has improved. Allows Soyuncu to be a bit more front foot with heading 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

After the first 15/20 minutes I was thinking, here we go again. Then we started playing and Barnes did a Barnes and we looked sooo much better for a good half an hour of the game. Nachos goal gives us something to hold onto going away, I just hope this doesn't put defence at the forefront of Brendan's mind and we go and attack them. 

Positive subs give us a positive result, who'd have thought it? Great that a few of the subs were involved in the last minute goal at the right end. 

Lastly, how bad was that ref? Absolutely shocking.

I don’t get the comment “after the first 15/20....here we go again”

Standard start for Leicester in plenty of games over the years. The key thing to remember is that the match lasts 90 minutes and we will get our moments. Obviously dig in and don’t concede. I wasn’t bothered at all after 20 mins because I thought no worries if that’s the best you’ve got, now it’s our turn.

Personally I worry more when we start off like a house on fire because I know we will likely run out of steam. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Every club is entitled to those tickets via UEFA regs but this was the first club to use them.  

Yeah seem to remember one of the visiting teams in the CL season having a few over in that section. I wanna say Copenhagen or Sevilla?

Think you’ll find they’re either Corporate or Players Families tickets from the opposition club.

• Like 1

That was my first attendance watching Leicester City live since the pre-season game in Glasgow versus Celtic in 2016 and my first visit to the King Power to watch City since Sven Goran Eriksson was the manager.  :blush:

:scarf:

The first 20 minutes was a bit painful, and Rennes were never going to be able to keep up that pressing for very long, but they look a class outfit.

The Ref was bloody awful, too. A kind of Europa Conference Mike Dean, if you will.

However, otherwise, that was really thoroughly enjoyable experience with a lively atmosphere.

What a stonking thunder goal from Marc Albrighton.

Can't wait to watch that one back.

:scarf:

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

2 quality finishes, once again our quality proves to be the difference.

Did we purposefully over water the pitch to try and slow them down, knowing how dominant they tend to be in the first 20 minutes?? The pitch was soaking early doors lol

First thing I noticed in the opening minutes and posted that the pitch was absolutely saturated. 

Good performance. Rennes look a very good side, but lacked cutting edge tonight and a few wayward passes. After the opening twenty minutes we worked it out and took control of the game. Fantastic first goal, thumping finish from Albrighton. A couple of dicey moments second half. That second goal could be huge, delighted to get it as I couldn’t see us getting a second tonight. You could see Rennes disappointment at conceding it. Rennes fans were good and the singing section did wonders for the occasion. Four straight wins is a huge improvement in recent weeks. Performances are getting better. The defence is more composed and confident. Sunday will be a tough test, but get through that and there’s a big opportunity to progress in this competition. Things are looking up 🦊💙

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

First thing I noticed in the opening minutes and posted that the pitch was absolutely saturated. 

Said exactly the same thing, after a minute or two Cags slammed the ball over to Amartey and got showered in the process. Definitely a tactic 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

So the lad who runs on the pitch at Forest gets a ban and prison, lad who ran on tonight gets Madders boots.

No consistency in this game.

Can see your point until……. At Forest he hit a Forest player 🙄 Doesn’t matter who he hit but he hit somebody 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Didn't like the look of Hamza at RB. There was a moment when he put the ball out for a corner and it was given as a goal kick. The look on his face said he knew he got away with it. Big Dan covered for him a few times and Marc had to have a word.

I actually think he did pretty well tonight, made some important tackles and interceptions.

Although I agree with the sentiment, thought he was absolutely dog at RB against Leeds.