Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Renne 2-0 H Post Match Thread

6 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

When we were under the cosh at the start, that all changed when Kasper opted to go long instead from goal kicks, took the pressure off imo, really good leadership that was, and a couple decent saves with his feet 👏👏👏

He was, it was good to see him being a captain, in the first half when one of their players were injured he has an in depth conversation with Cags, Amartey and Youri telling them what he wanted to see. Also KDH and Kevin ran their socks off today and lead by example. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VardyGOAT1884 said:

I actually think he did pretty well tonight, made some important tackles and interceptions.

Although I agree with the sentiment, thought he was absolutely dog at RB against Leeds.

Oh I quite agree. He seemed to have this invisible barrier where he wouldn't press - he gave their winger a good thump further up the pitch. 

Think he knows he's liable for a card and didn't want to risk it, which is fair enough but you have to say it's probably not the best to have him playing in that position if he knows he can give away fouls. 

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

What an enjoyable game!

Rennes couldn't live with us when we turned it on and Nacho's stoppage time goal crowned a great night.

Say it quietly but Amartey is in total God mode:amartey:

Atmosphere sounded great on tv:appl:

I’m starting to question if Fofana comes in for Amartey or Soyuncu? Previously you would have said defo for Big Dan, but now not so sure 

11 hours ago, KingsX said:

The Rennes forum match thread was mostly posts about “les premieres 20 minutes” right up to the 90th minute.  Weird.

They seem a Spursy lot to me.  “We don't need no stinking trophies ... we won the first 20 minutes”

What's their link please, I'd love to read their reactions.

The thing that please me most is after our struggles in the Europa League last season during the knockouts, and in the group stage where we haven't always managed the games well, is that we've taken a tie against a very good side by the scruff of the neck and got ourselves into a commanding position. A second goal late on was huge, and you'd have to be optimistic that we'll get the job done in France next week.

Another measured and controlled performance like that at Arsenal on Sunday, and we'll have a great chance of picking up a result too.

Has anyone noticed the subtleties to Brendan Rodgers tactics. We are a team that can and does score goals but the way in which we do that is often if we're not in control of games and therefore we attack out of necessity and as a defence rather than because that's our number one target.

It's often when we are playing basketball football with the potential for lots of goals at both ends that Rodgers then seems to be more inclined to make defensive and protective substitutions in the latter stages of games to try and hold out than what we are seeing in recent weeks, where we've become more in control, scoring less goals but also less afraid that we need to shut up shop and hope we nab the win or draw.

I know confidence benefits and helps players and managers alike and will impact on the decisions they make but I've always felt that although we are a high scoring team, it's not what the manager or players are happiest at doing. Its 1-0 / 2-0 wins that they absolutely love, which may sound obvious but it's where I see Rodgers make more rational decisions too and allows his players to play with authority.

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m starting to question if Fofana comes in for Amartey or Soyuncu? Previously you would have said defo for Big Dan, but now not so sure 

We're only now starting to see a settled backline / CB partnership. I don't think we should be rushing to disrupt it by bringing Fofana back in. 

Obviously Fofana will need game time to get back to full fitness though. 

• Like 2